The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Sun December 16, 2018 9:34 pm 
AnalLog

liebzz wrote:
Hatfield wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
guestT wrote:
They should've hung it up years ago. #postokonokosmoneygrab

they’re just not the same

I wouldn't argue that their recent albums are as good as At Dawn>It Still Moves>Z, but I've seen them 12 times since 2003 and Red Rocks 2016 was BY FAR the best.

Officially jealous but I am seeing them in August so that is good. I wouldn’t say the albums after Z are as good as those three but they are better than they get credit for on listens after the fact - all of them are solid after repeat listens.

i got bugs wrote:
The waterfall is underrated

Agreed. I play the last 3 as much or more than the best 3. However, the only recent album I can put and in and press play with no skipping is Waterfall. Libezz, are you coming out to Colorado for the show in August?! In 2016, they played all of It Still Moves over the two nights. Their average song limit on that tour was around 18. They played 26+ each night of Red Rocks. The jamming they are able to achieve now is amazing. A, E, I, O U......It's going to be a great time!

PostPosted: Mon December 17, 2018 3:40 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I will see them in Forest Hills.

PostPosted: Tue June 11, 2019 3:25 am 
The Master

the way that he sings is such a gorgeous song

PostPosted: Tue June 11, 2019 1:35 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

listening to evil urges now

PostPosted: Tue June 11, 2019 3:13 pm 
Strand of Oaks' latest is the best MMJ album since Z.

PostPosted: Wed June 12, 2019 12:15 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

They just announced another show - Tennessee Fire in its entirety plus some at Port Chester’s Capitol Theatre which is very close to me. I will certainly try for tickets.

PostPosted: Wed June 12, 2019 1:20 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

after listening to evil urges, some of the standouts for me are:

Aluminum Park
Touch Me I'm Going To Scream pt. 2
Highly Suspicious
Two Halves
Remnants

the only song i didn't really care for was Thank You Too! Two Halves is about the only song that really reminded me of anything from their earlier stuff.

PostPosted: Wed June 12, 2019 1:54 pm 
A Return To Form

first, im a big fan of this band. seen them a bunch of times and consider them a HOF (not the litteral HOF in cleveland, but one of the best) rock band. Theres not too many bands that have put out three back to back solid/magical albums AND have an amazing live presence.

what im wondering is whats currently happening in this band? James has put out 3 solo albums and tours solo while the rest of band has recorded and toured with other front men. Also, I thought I read interviews where they recorded two different albums but only put out the waterfall, what happened to the other?

looking forward to the red rocks show which will be my first!

PostPosted: Wed June 12, 2019 2:08 pm 
The Master

diesel wrote:
first, im a big fan of this band. seen them a bunch of times and consider them a HOF (not the litteral HOF in cleveland, but one of the best) rock band. Theres not too many bands that have put out three back to back solid/magical albums AND have an amazing live presence.

what im wondering is whats currently happening in this band? James has put out 3 solo albums and tours solo while the rest of band has recorded and toured with other front men. Also, I thought I read interviews where they recorded two different albums but only put out the waterfall, what happened to the other?

looking forward to the red rocks show which will be my first!

See ya at red rocks!

Always an incredible show.

PostPosted: Wed June 12, 2019 5:43 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I am sure there’s some sort of issue going on here that perhaps is in the process of resolving itself. I mean they would not have added another show (in a small theatre that is reasonably priced) if their issues are causing the break.

I also read that Uniform Distortion “could have been” an MMJ record. Perhaps the rest of the band wasn’t that into the material? They certainly battle tested Throwback for a couple of years on the road before he threw it on his solo release.

I agree with the other sentiment expressed to the extent that the run At Dawn/It Still Moves/Z is among my favorite from any band.

PostPosted: Sat August 03, 2019 1:44 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Set list at the first Red Rocks show looked great.

Victory Dance, Circuital, Xmas Curtain, First Light, Easy Morning Rebel, Heartbreakin’ Man, Lowdown, Slow Slow Tune, Smokin’ from Shootin’, In It’s Infancy (The Waterfall), I’m Amazed, War Begun, I Will Sing You Songs, Golden, Dodante, The Way That He Sings, What a Wonderful Man, Run Thru

Encore: Wonderful (The Way I Feel) (Jim solo), Believe (Nobody Knows), Master Plan, Anytime, Magheeta

PostPosted: Sat August 03, 2019 4:59 pm 
AnalLog

liebzz wrote:
Set list at the first Red Rocks show looked great.

Victory Dance, Circuital, Xmas Curtain, First Light, Easy Morning Rebel, Heartbreakin’ Man, Lowdown, Slow Slow Tune, Smokin’ from Shootin’, In It’s Infancy (The Waterfall), I’m Amazed, War Begun, I Will Sing You Songs, Golden, Dodante, The Way That He Sings, What a Wonderful Man, Run Thru

Encore: Wonderful (The Way I Feel) (Jim solo), Believe (Nobody Knows), Master Plan, Anytime, Magheeta

How was it Strat?!

PostPosted: Sun August 04, 2019 5:42 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Night 2:

Wordless Chorus, Touch Me Pt. 1, Off the Record, Lay Low, Evelyn Is Not Real, Picture of You, Gideon, Outta My System, Holding on to Black Metal, Evil Urges, Steam Engine/Get Back/Imagine/Lean On Me, Bermuda Highway, Big Decisions, Tropics (Erase Traces), It Beats 4 U, Compound Fracture, Phone Went West

Encore: Spring (Among The Living), Magic Bullet, Highly Suspicious, Touch Me Pt. 2, One Big Holiday

FYI, if this is my set list next week I will walk away ecstatic. Hope everyone enjoyed the Red Rocks run. I’ll be in Port Chester and Forest Hills next week!

PostPosted: Sun August 04, 2019 7:01 pm 
The Master

Oh my god I have so many fucking thoughts about this weekend.

I’m on my phone so I can’t get the out right now.

One thing - yim yim needs to get out of LA and off the LSD

And humans are awful people.

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2019 3:15 am 
Looks Like a Cat

i used to be really, really into this band. and i somewhat took a break from them after their last album. i decided to give them a spin on spotify on random shuffle today while i did yardwork, and realized just how criminally underrated evil urges is. that's a heck of an album.

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2019 11:19 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Welcome home

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2019 12:00 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Welcome home

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2019 12:46 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Chris_H_2 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Welcome home

:thumbsup:

Please PM or text me highlights of your trip.

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2019 2:57 pm 
A Return To Form

thoughts re: red rocks night 1 and 2

first and foremost, this is without a doubt one of the best venues out there and worth the hype.

night 1: took the bus from illegal petes (blue bus 54) which had major engine issues and could only go about 10-15 mph up the hills from Denver to the venue. we got there just as the warpaint was on I was able to get one of conscious alliance posters. the mmj set kicked off nicely with the back to back songs from circuital. on a personal note I think the guitar solo by Carl on circuital is one of the bands best and i love that guitar tone. the night really took off about halfway thru the first set with the war begun transition into i will sing you songs, golden with jim at the end quieting the crowd so they could start dodante which was very long and trippy, picked back up with the way that he sings and rockin out with wonderful man. this show will go down as one of my all time faves from mmj at a large venue.

night 2: took the bus again this time without any issues. the show started with me trying to manage carrying 3 beers while singing to wordless chorus while making my way to our seats. good intro with touch me pt1 and off the record which I was expecting later with a longer jam... that song turned out to be steam engine (which probably like many of you is a favorite of mine) with teases of beatles and lean on me which was very cool and unique. phone went west was an amazing closer with a hey jude ending.

an amazing two day concert and all in all night 1 was my favorite - mostly due to the 2nd half of the first set and experiencing red rocks for the first time.

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2019 3:53 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

I hope they release these shows.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 37  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands