The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
 Post subject: Re: My Morning Jacket
PostPosted: Tue July 21, 2020 3:06 pm 
AnalLog

Ello Sailor wrote:
These guys have always sucked. You boners have been duped.

Wrong. They are the last great American rock band.

I'm feeling confident to say that Waterfall II is my favorite Jacket album since Z....and I really like the albums in between.

PostPosted: Sat August 08, 2020 12:45 am 
Future Drummer

My Morning Jacket on Nugstv tonight from Forecastle Festival 2012.

Opened with The Dark. Now Holdin’ On to Black Metal with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Wordless Chorus...what a great band.

Edit: watching this show, it occurs to me that My Morning Jacket is the would be by-product of the musical baby Lynyrd Skynyrd and Neil Young and Crazy Horse would have had if they just stopped fighting and made up.

FYI, this is one helluva show so far, Steam Engine in the first half hour, as well as Anytime before that. Feels like an encore to start the show.

Edit: another random thought here: I am wearing a My Morning Jacket t-shirt today by pure coincidence- does that make me that guy who wears the t-shirt of the band he’s going to see if I am just live streaming from my couch?

Mahgeetah is is mind blowing at this show, and now Rocket Man. Jeez. That made me really miss concerts...

The Bear. Cobra!? > Run Thru. This festival show is bonkers. It Makes No Difference by The Band. Wow. Careless Whisper by George Michael? Seriously!? What don’t they play!? ...and Jim James is tossing bananas into the crowd while singing the bananas bridge. Surreal.

Bringing it home with One Big Holiday. What a crazy show. Glad I ended up deciding to stream this. And now you’ve seen my thoughts streaming through this platform. It was fun.

PostPosted: Sun August 09, 2020 9:21 pm 
Future Drummer

Last year at this time I was getting ready to go to their 20th Anniversary Tennessee Fire show. That was really one of the best shows I have ever attended.

PostPosted: Sat August 15, 2020 4:34 pm 
Future Drummer

Listening to the Waterfall II again. My god there’s nothing like when this band gets cooking like on the second half of Wasted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands