Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: The Mynabirds

Wed September 13, 2017 1:59 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:Hold On and Wild Hearts were underwhelming to me at first but have grown on me quite a bit over the last couple of weeks.

Same.

Wed September 13, 2017 2:00 pm

Really, my only gripe is that the album is too short. Even if just by one song. I want more!

Wed September 13, 2017 3:34 pm

theplatypus wrote:The chorus to "Coccoon" sounds like the chorus to "It's Gonna Be Me" by Nsync

I knew I had listened to that melody somewhere else.

Wed September 13, 2017 11:04 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:Really, my only gripe is that the album is too short. Even if just by one song. I want more!

I'd rather want more than think it should have ended after the third to last song like I do with some albums.

Wed September 13, 2017 11:18 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:Really, my only gripe is that the album is too short. Even if just by one song. I want more!

I'd rather want more than think it should have ended after the third to last song like I do with some albums.

Well, sure. But when the two final tracks are the most underwhelming of the record, it sure would be nice to have a track or two more.

Wed September 13, 2017 11:21 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Well, sure. But when the two final tracks are the most underwhelming of the record, it sure would be nice to have a track or two more.

For sure. And to be honest, I've always though her choice of tracks to close her albums have been fantastic and this one was a bit underwhelming. But like I said, the song is growing on me so six months from now I might think this wasn't a step backwards for album closers at all.

Wed September 13, 2017 11:23 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

For sure. And to be honest, I've always though her choice of tracks to close her albums have been fantastic and this one was a bit underwhelming. But like I said, the song is growing on me so six months from now I might think this wasn't a step backwards for album closers at all.

Totally. But I think Lover's Know has the "worst" or least satisfying album closer. I think Wild Hearts is s step up.

Wed September 13, 2017 11:25 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Totally. But I think Lover's Know has the "worst" or least satisfying album closer. I think Wild Hearts is s step up.

Disagree.

Wed September 13, 2017 11:25 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Disagree.

Welp

Wed September 13, 2017 11:27 pm

I think, for me, the bigger bummer is the penultimate track. Those are always outstanding. And this one is decent but not the best.

Wed September 13, 2017 11:28 pm

yeah her penultimates have been just tops

Wed September 13, 2017 11:50 pm

Actually the last song is almost always amongst my least favorites from her albums. Wild Hearts might be even my favorite of the closers.
I also absolutely love Hold On, but it's not my favorite from the album anymore, I think.

Thu September 14, 2017 2:18 am

Nevermind. I misread. Carry on.
Last edited by epilogue on Thu September 14, 2017 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu September 14, 2017 2:20 am

this is a band with chicks, right?

Thu September 14, 2017 2:21 am

Sometimes, yeah.

Thu September 14, 2017 2:22 am

sorry, joey..im bored

Thu September 14, 2017 2:23 am

I get that. You should watch Twin Peaks.

Thu September 14, 2017 2:24 am

i'll probably just watch house hunters and then brian williams

Thu September 14, 2017 2:27 am

So when you're bored you just steer right into the skid, huh?

Thu September 14, 2017 2:31 am

i'll be entering the skid in about an hour or so
Post a reply