The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 12:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 9:34 pm
Posts: 1588
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Don’t do it, Spenno. I regret going to my last QOTSA show. It’s depressing now.

That is simply wrong.
Last concert I went was a blast.

_________________
bodysnatcher wrote:
Someone ban KurtLeon please


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 35995
KurtLeon wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Don’t do it, Spenno. I regret going to my last QOTSA show. It’s depressing now.

That is simply wrong.
Last concert I went was a blast.

Yeah, but unlike Spenno and I, you like the last two albums. Like 60% of the show I saw was all from them, and the old songs were performed with lethargic disinterest. Add Homme spouting embarrassingly pandering rock show platitudes between songs, and you have one miserable experience. These guys have lost it.

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
Life is a confusing, horrifying nightmare that only ends in death. There is no hope.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 9:34 pm
Posts: 1588
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
KurtLeon wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Don’t do it, Spenno. I regret going to my last QOTSA show. It’s depressing now.

That is simply wrong.
Last concert I went was a blast.

Yeah, but unlike Spenno and I, you like the last two albums. Like 60% of the show I saw was all from them, and the old songs were performed with lethargic disinterest. Add Homme spouting embarrassingly pandering rock show platitudes between songs, and you have one miserable experience. These guys have lost it.

I don't get this.
Really, I really don't get this.

But I guess that musical taste is like a butthole, everyone has a different one.
And I will neve agree with "these guys have lost it"
People change and stuff, their concert are still fun and energetic as hell and Josh was always a douchebag that kept pandering rock show platitudes. It's not something new. For me, the cheesynes only adds to the spectacle.

But anyway. Too bad that you can't enjoy good albuns like Villains and Like Clockwork

_________________
bodysnatcher wrote:
Someone ban KurtLeon please


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 35995
Josh was absolutely not always a pandering douche in concert. Saw them in 2007 and he was a totally different person.

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
Life is a confusing, horrifying nightmare that only ends in death. There is no hope.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 500
Man in prime was different a decade thereafter. More at 7.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Jesus Christ. Imagine having an opinion this bad.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 35995
Yeah yeah. You’re oversimplifying. Getting older doesn’t mean you have to start pandering and being boring.

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
Life is a confusing, horrifying nightmare that only ends in death. There is no hope.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 500
I have fallen

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Jesus Christ. Imagine having an opinion this bad.


Last edited by Ello Sailor on Wed April 25, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 500
And I cannot get up!

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Jesus Christ. Imagine having an opinion this bad.


Last edited by Ello Sailor on Wed April 25, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14084
Loved LC. It was different and it felt honest.

Villains..is awful.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 14477
Location: Illinois
Villains is indeed awful


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 35995
It’s probably a little better than LC but they both suck

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
Life is a confusing, horrifying nightmare that only ends in death. There is no hope.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 8:07 pm 
Online
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 8915
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
LetMeSleep wrote:
Auckland and Christchurch included.

Yep - Just Auckland and Christchurch. Now I'm not sure I can be bothered travelling for this

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 500
Villains sucks, but LC is solid. At the very least it contains songs we'll be listening to for a decade or more.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Jesus Christ. Imagine having an opinion this bad.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 8:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 35995
LC definitely has higher highlights, but it also has lower lowlights and it’s a depressing experience as an album

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
Life is a confusing, horrifying nightmare that only ends in death. There is no hope.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 500
Sounds like a time and place thing to me. Can you elaborate a bit?

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Jesus Christ. Imagine having an opinion this bad.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 8:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 35995
The depressing thing, you mean?

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
Life is a confusing, horrifying nightmare that only ends in death. There is no hope.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 8:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 500
d e p r e s s i n g e x p e r i e n c e :shock: :shock: :shock:

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Jesus Christ. Imagine having an opinion this bad.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 500
Vegeta>

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Jesus Christ. Imagine having an opinion this bad.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 35995
Ello Sailor wrote:
d e p r e s s i n g e x p e r i e n c e :shock: :shock: :shock:

I know I’ve talked about this before, but the album was clearly influenced in a major way by Homme’s medical scare, and a lot of the songs are just massive downers (I Appear Missing, Like Clockwork, etc.). It’s a very downbeat album as a whole, which, frankly, isn’t really what I want from QOTSA. They always had a punk/stoner swagger propelling their music, which made them unique and compelling. That got lost beneath the dark, somber murk of LC, I think. Homme’s heart isn’t in that music anymore. Which is fine. I just don’t respond to it, and find it depressing.

I really wish he had just retired Queens after what he went through and either started a new project or gone solo, because this new stuff is just...well, a bummer.

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
Life is a confusing, horrifying nightmare that only ends in death. There is no hope.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Queens of the Stone Age | …Like Clockwork
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 34418
Location: Mountains
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:
d e p r e s s i n g e x p e r i e n c e :shock: :shock: :shock:

I know I’ve talked about this before, but the album was clearly influenced in a major way by Homme’s medical scare, and a lot of the songs are just massive downers (I Appear Missing, Like Clockwork, etc.). It’s a very downbeat album as a whole, which, frankly, isn’t really what I want from QOTSA. They always had a punk/stoner swagger propelling their music, which made them unique and compelling. That got lost beneath the dark, somber murk of LC, I think. Homme’s heart isn’t in that music anymore. Which is fine. I just don’t respond to it, and find it depressing.

I really wish he had just retired Queens after what he went through and either started a new project or gone solo, because this new stuff is just...well, a bummer.

You're depressing as fuck.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], i got bugs and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat July 21, 2018 11:36 pm