The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203 ... 222  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:46 pm 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36047
Location: Mountains
new Leon Bridges is a bit of a letdown.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 15072
Location: Illinois
I'm putting on Leon when I get home. Sounds like he tried to go pop.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17780
Location: Seattle, WA
Strat wrote:
new Leon Bridges is a bit of a letdown.


it's hit and miss. i don't dislike anything, just a couple of "meh" songs. but overall, i like a lot more than feel indifferent towards


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 5890
Location: Washington State
Saw an interview the other day and the person used to play with Throwing Muses and I was like, "Hey, I recall hearing about that band. I should check them out."

So where should I start? I don't want to do my usual "torrent the entire discography and burn out before you really start".

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37460
motherfucking MUSIC



That Butch Vig production, OMG

Image

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 10019
Location: Space City


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon October 26, 2015 9:30 pm
Posts: 474
New Childish Gambimo is fucking outstanding.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22096
Teeeeeekay wrote:
New Childish Gambimo is fucking outstanding.



It’s definitely good but I can’t help but feel zebra Katz were doing this exact thing five years ago.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 848
Location: It's Soma
Zebra Katz was* doing this shit. It's just one dude.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Jesus Christ. Imagine having an opinion this bad.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 848
Location: It's Soma

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Jesus Christ. Imagine having an opinion this bad.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:34 pm 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36047
Location: Mountains
bodysnatcher wrote:
Strat wrote:
new Leon Bridges is a bit of a letdown.


it's hit and miss. i don't dislike anything, just a couple of "meh" songs. but overall, i like a lot more than feel indifferent towards

This is growing on me a bit....


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon October 26, 2015 9:30 pm
Posts: 474
dimejinky99 wrote:
Teeeeeekay wrote:
New Childish Gambimo is fucking outstanding.



It’s definitely good but I can’t help but feel zebra Katz were doing this exact thing five years ago.


Doing hip hop songs?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 15072
Location: Illinois
Strat wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Strat wrote:
new Leon Bridges is a bit of a letdown.


it's hit and miss. i don't dislike anything, just a couple of "meh" songs. but overall, i like a lot more than feel indifferent towards

This is growing on me a bit....


The last two tracks are aces. Little too much pop Sheen in the middle. It will be interesting to see what he does next. Talented dude.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Sun December 13, 2015 8:04 am
Posts: 226
Freewheelin'


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 8:54 pm
Posts: 664


I can't get enough of this band.

Such a cool video to.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22096
Ello Sailor wrote:
Zebra Katz was* doing this shit. It's just one dude.



You took time to post that? I don’t care. The point stands. Fuck off.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:36 pm 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36047
Location: Mountains
dimejinky99 wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:
Zebra Katz was* doing this shit. It's just one dude.



You took time to post that? I don’t care. The point stands. Fuck off.

Dime!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23781
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
verb_to_trust wrote:
Strat wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Strat wrote:
new Leon Bridges is a bit of a letdown.


it's hit and miss. i don't dislike anything, just a couple of "meh" songs. but overall, i like a lot more than feel indifferent towards

This is growing on me a bit....


The last two tracks are aces. Little too much pop Sheen in the middle. It will be interesting to see what he does next. Talented dude.

Man, I love this record. Wasn't a huge fan of the last one -- seemed a little too "throwback" for me -- but this one is hitting me right in that sweet spot where I man the grill and make a beverage for the wife. I'll be spinning this a lot this summer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 4074
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Now Playing
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue February 12, 2013 5:03 pm
Posts: 3148
washing machine wrote:

woah


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203 ... 222  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun October 21, 2018 8:09 pm