Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Try to Write You a Love Song - A St. Vincent Thread

Sat December 15, 2018 9:57 pm

Guess who is doing a show at Town Hall right across the street from where I'm working right now.

Sat December 15, 2018 10:00 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:Guess who is doing a show at Town Hall right across the street from where I'm working right now.

yeah working...you stalker.

Sat December 15, 2018 10:25 pm

VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:Guess who is doing a show at Town Hall right across the street from where I'm working right now.

yeah working...you stalker.

:lol:

Sat December 15, 2018 10:28 pm

Annie is coming to Argentina next year joe, but she will play in Lollapalooza. Im wont see her again there...i hope she does a sideshow.

Sat December 15, 2018 10:33 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Annie is coming to Argentina next year joe, but she will play in Lollapalooza. Im wont see her again there...i hope she does a sideshow.

Yeah fuck Lollapalooza. No thank you. I hope she does a sideshow, too. The thing she's doing at Town Hall tonight is some episode of a radioshow or something. She's one of three or four people on it. I'm ultimately okay missing it but I'd love to be in that room.

Sun January 20, 2019 4:50 am

It's actually kind of offensive how good Masseduction really is.

Sun January 20, 2019 12:51 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:It's actually kind of offensive how good Masseduction really is.

:thumbsup: :heartbeat:

Sun January 20, 2019 3:23 pm

yeah, its a great album.

Im really exited to see what she brings to Sleater Kinney.

Sun January 20, 2019 3:37 pm

VinylGuy wrote:yeah, its a great album.

Im really exited to see what she brings to Sleater Kinney.

Me too. I know she and Carrie are super close. I wonder if that's a good or bad thing in this case. :lol:

Sun January 20, 2019 3:39 pm

Hopefully she can mess with the arrangements too. I liked their last album, but it has no replay value for me. And its been so long it kinda makes sense to bring a producer who can help the girls with their songs.

Sun January 20, 2019 3:55 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Hopefully she can mess with the arrangements too. I liked their last album, but it has no replay value for me.

Honestly sometimes I feel like this describes my relationship with Sleater-Kinney in general. How much I say I like them (a fair amount) has never matched up with how much I actually listen to them (almost never).

Seems like a good day to cherry-pick a few S/K favorites for a playlist.

Sun January 20, 2019 3:58 pm

Kevin Davis wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:Hopefully she can mess with the arrangements too. I liked their last album, but it has no replay value for me.

Honestly sometimes I feel like this describes my relationship with Sleater-Kinney in general. How much I say I like them (a fair amount) has never matched up with how much I actually listen to them (almost never).

Seems like a good day to cherry-pick a few S/K favorites for a playlist.

I used to listen to them a lot back in the day. A lot. Specially albums like The Hot Rock or The Woods. When they came back i listened to No Cities a lot but overall i forgot it existed.

Wed January 23, 2019 1:08 pm

https://www.gq.com/story/st-vincent-and ... ing-boring

There's a video in this article that I don't know how to link where she talks about a bunch of her songs. Pretty cool watch.

Wed January 23, 2019 8:45 pm

Blaine Ryan wrote:https://www.gq.com/story/st-vincent-and-art-of-never-being-boring

There's a video in this article that I don't know how to link where she talks about a bunch of her songs. Pretty cool watch.

That article is fucking brilliantly written. I don't know who Molly Young is but I'm already a big fan.

The crowd in Brooklyn included young women with Haircuts in pastel fur and guys with beards of widely varying intentionality.

I almost died.

Wed January 23, 2019 10:36 pm

:lol:

Wed January 23, 2019 10:50 pm

Annie Clark is everything. :heartbeat:

Thu January 24, 2019 12:00 am

Blaine Ryan wrote:https://www.gq.com/story/st-vincent-and-art-of-never-being-boring

The video embeded is great. I wish it focused more on her entire catalog and not so heavily on Masseduction, but still totally worth watching. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thu January 24, 2019 3:14 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:

The video embeded is great. I wish it focused more on her entire catalog and not so heavily on Masseduction, but still totally worth watching. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I thought the same thing. Nice new avatar, by the way! :thumbsup:

Thu January 24, 2019 5:36 pm

Thanks!

Thu January 24, 2019 9:42 pm

I'm putting together a 15 song playlist for an RMer who isn't super familiar with St. Vincent's work. It's the most fun I've had in ages!
Post a reply