Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)

Thu January 11, 2018 12:57 am

Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:Five more days...

Oh, and is her set list the same each night?

If so, then Stardog gave away a BADASS spoiler in this thread!

My understanding is that, yes, the set list is the same each night.

:bammer:

Which track(s) are you most excited about?

I have no idea... She transforms every song she plays live into something way different. Your Lips is always a favorite of mine live.

Off the new album... LA, I s'pose. No idea.

Okay, then, what is the "BADASS spoiler" you were referring to?

Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)

Thu January 11, 2018 12:59 am

durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:Five more days...

Oh, and is her set list the same each night?

If so, then Stardog gave away a BADASS spoiler in this thread!

My understanding is that, yes, the set list is the same each night.

:bammer:

Which track(s) are you most excited about?

I have no idea... She transforms every song she plays live into something way different. Your Lips is always a favorite of mine live.

Off the new album... LA, I s'pose. No idea.

Okay, then, what is the "BADASS spoiler" you were referring to?

First set- career retrospect
Second set - Masseduction

Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)

Thu January 11, 2018 1:11 am

:thumbsup:

Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)

Thu January 11, 2018 2:13 am

my buddy is trying to convince me to spend $150 on a ticket for friday. that's pretty steep. hearing joe say that there's a possibility of a tour with a band, i may just wait for that.

Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)

Fri January 12, 2018 4:49 pm

fuck it. i'm going tonight. 8-)

Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)

Fri January 12, 2018 8:00 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:fuck it. i'm going tonight. 8-)

:bammer:

Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)

Fri January 12, 2018 8:11 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:fuck it. i'm going tonight. 8-)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!!!

Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)

Sat January 13, 2018 5:48 am

So I remember in college we used to debate the definition of sexy. My God, I think I just discovered the perfect anecdote.

What an awesome show!

Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)

Sun January 14, 2018 3:57 am

Chris_H_2 wrote:So I remember in college we used to debate the definition of sexy. My God, I think I just discovered the perfect anecdote.

What an awesome show!

I might cry.

Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)

Tue January 16, 2018 4:08 pm

It was cool and different seeing Annie's aunt and uncle open the show. She has said on numerous occasions that they were her primary music influences as a kid, and you can really hear it in the way she sings. Her uncle can sure play the he*l out of a Gretsch, too!

I enjoyed the spectacle of seeing this show in the Fillmore. Never been in that place until last night. It was comfortable, sightlines and sound were great, and Annie was incredible as always!

Two things I really missed...

1. Your Lips are Red wasn't played :-( That's the first time I've seen her perform and not play this song. Its a powerful live song that she typically destroys!

2. I kinda missed not having a live band. Although the visuals were well-choreographed, I would like to see her tour again with real musicians. I'm sure this method is a helluva lot cheaper for Annie...

Also, I think the live performance of MASSEDUCTION in its entirety will make the new album more accessible now, now when I listen...

Finally, and the morale of the post:

St. Vincent is STILL a rock GODDESS!!!

Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)

Tue January 16, 2018 6:21 pm

Well said.

Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)

Thu January 18, 2018 4:18 am

Concert this Saturday in Portland. It'll be my 6th time seeing her live, obviously very excited. I've successfully avoided hearing any live versions of the new stuff, and will generally be going in with a pretty clean slate. I know that it's just her alone & it's 2 separate sets of old/new songs. Really intrigued to hear what old songs she does, and how the arrangements are with the backing tracks. Can't wait!

Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)

Thu January 18, 2018 3:07 pm

swan wrote:Concert this Saturday in Portland. It'll be my 6th time seeing her live, obviously very excited. I've successfully avoided hearing any live versions of the new stuff, and will generally be going in with a pretty clean slate. I know that it's just her alone & it's 2 separate sets of old/new songs. Really intrigued to hear what old songs she does, and how the arrangements are with the backing tracks. Can't wait!

You'll have a great time. I'm excited for you. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.
Post a reply