Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)

Fri December 29, 2017 1:17 pm

I still need to listen to "Marry Me" and "Actor." I love "Strange Mercy," one of the best albums of the decade in my opinion, and think "S/T" is strong if less consistent. New one's still not doing much for me, I'm afraid.

Sat December 30, 2017 3:32 pm

Kevin Davis wrote:I still need to listen to "Marry Me" and "Actor." I love "Strange Mercy," one of the best albums of the decade in my opinion, and think "S/T" is strong if less consistent. New one's still not doing much for me, I'm afraid.

I think her new one is probably the biggest risk/acquired taste of her career so far. It makes sense that it would be a bit divisive.

Sat December 30, 2017 5:41 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:I still need to listen to "Marry Me" and "Actor." I love "Strange Mercy," one of the best albums of the decade in my opinion, and think "S/T" is strong if less consistent. New one's still not doing much for me, I'm afraid.

I think her new one is probably the biggest risk/acquired taste of her career so far. It makes sense that it would be a bit divisive.

I absolutely love the new album. It's probably the record I listened to the most this year. But I certainly have friends who were less enthralled. For me, it made the setup of this tour pretty ideal with the career retrospective followed by Masseduction in its entirety. I was really happy to get all of those songs live.

Sat December 30, 2017 6:28 pm

Stardog Champion wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I absolutely love the new album. It's probably the record I listened to the most this year. But I certainly have friends who were less enthralled. For me, it made the setup of this tour pretty ideal with the career retrospective followed by Masseduction in its entirety. I was really happy to get all of those songs live.

Me too.

Sat December 30, 2017 6:43 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
Stardog Champion wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Me too.

Same.

Sat December 30, 2017 9:35 pm

So, the live show is her backed up with a studio track of different instruments?

Sat December 30, 2017 9:36 pm

yeah she sings and plays guitar over a backing track

Sat December 30, 2017 9:36 pm

and it's amazing

Sat December 30, 2017 9:48 pm

I want to see her live again soon.

Thu January 11, 2018 12:25 am

Annie's playing the Boston Calling Music Festival along with Eminem, The Killers, Jack White, Portugal, the Man, The National, and Paramore.

Should I go?

Thu January 11, 2018 12:31 am

no

Thu January 11, 2018 12:34 am

Thank you, Chris. You just saved me a ton of money.

Thu January 11, 2018 12:38 am

no problem friend. good evening.

Thu January 11, 2018 12:39 am

:peace:

Thu January 11, 2018 12:45 am

Five more days...

Oh, and is her set list the same each night?

If so, then Stardog gave away a BADASS spoiler in this thread!

Thu January 11, 2018 12:46 am

Iholdthepain wrote:Five more days...

My understanding is that, yes, the set list is the same each night.

Thu January 11, 2018 12:47 am

But I've also heard that she plans on doing dates with a band in 2018. I'll absolutely go see her again.

Thu January 11, 2018 12:48 am

durdencommatyler wrote:

:bammer:

Thu January 11, 2018 12:50 am

Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Which track(s) are you most excited about?

Thu January 11, 2018 12:56 am

durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Which track(s) are you most excited about?

I have no idea... She transforms every song she plays live into something way different. Your Lips is always a favorite of mine live.

Off the new album... LA, I s'pose. No idea.
Post a reply