The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1806 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Sun December 03, 2017 6:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56152
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
That was outstanding. Man, that lady can rock the fuck out.


Did she make eye contact with you?

Ha! Nah. I was too far away for all that. But her guitar made eye contact with my soul.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Sun December 03, 2017 8:19 pm 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 06, 2013 6:05 pm
Posts: 68
durdencommatyler wrote:
That was outstanding. Man, that lady can rock the fuck out.


I was at last night's show too. Absolutely amazing. I was worried that things might feel a little subdued since she was playing with backing tracks, but man, was I wrong. She's amazing. I'd see her again in a second.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Mon December 04, 2017 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56152
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Stardog Champion wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
That was outstanding. Man, that lady can rock the fuck out.


I was at last night's show too. Absolutely amazing. I was worried that things might feel a little subdued since she was playing with backing tracks, but man, was I wrong. She's amazing. I'd see her again in a second.

100%

The backing track didn't bother me at all. I thought some of the projections and stuff were a bit unnecessary. She held the stage by herself without all that. But that's a very minor criticism. None of it bothered me. The first set was just jaw-dropping. The career retrospective. Just her and the lights and the curtains. Man!

The show was a monster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 3:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56152
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Her acoustic solo performance of Los Ageless on The Daily Show is fucking brilliant. I want the acoustic version of Masseduction now more than ever.


Last edited by durdencommatyler on Sun December 10, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 12118
yeah, im regretting she hasnt released that piano version of the album.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56152
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Alright... two months and one live performance in...

Los Ageless
Savior
Smoking Section
Happy Birthday, Johnny
New York
Hang on Me
Fear the Future
Masseduction
Young Lover
Sugarboy
Slow Disco
Pills
Dancing with a Ghost


And albums...

1. Strange Mercy
2. Actor
3. Masseduction
4. St. Vincent
5. Love This Giant
6. Merry Me


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46921
Location: Sector 7-G
the new one might be her strongest lyrically


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56152
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
cutuphalfdead wrote:
the new one might be her strongest lyrically

You think? More than Strange Mercy?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46921
Location: Sector 7-G
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
the new one might be her strongest lyrically

You think? More than Strange Mercy?

it might be


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56152
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
cutuphalfdead wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
the new one might be her strongest lyrically

You think? More than Strange Mercy?

it might be

Interesting.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 4:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46921
Location: Sector 7-G
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
the new one might be her strongest lyrically

You think? More than Strange Mercy?

it might be

Interesting.

indeed


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 4:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56152
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
cutuphalfdead wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
the new one might be her strongest lyrically

You think? More than Strange Mercy?

it might be

Interesting.

indeed

We've got our best people looking into it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 6:35 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 716
Location: Portland, OR
durdencommatyler wrote:
Alright... two months and one live performance in...

Los Ageless
Savior
Smoking Section
Happy Birthday, Johnny
New York
Hang on Me
Fear the Future
Masseduction
Young Lover
Sugarboy
Slow Disco
Pills
Dancing with a Ghost



pretty close to the same rankings for me, although I don't see the live show til January. very excited for it. she's yet to put out a weak album or put on a weak live show.

_________________
Let's say knowledge is a tree


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46921
Location: Sector 7-G
Los Ageless
Hang on Me
Savior
Fear the Future
Smoking Section
Slow Disco
Happy Birthday, Johnny
Young Lover
Masseduction
New York
Dancing with a Ghost
Sugarboy
Pills


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56152
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
swan wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Alright... two months and one live performance in...

Los Ageless
Savior
Smoking Section
Happy Birthday, Johnny
New York
Hang on Me
Fear the Future
Masseduction
Young Lover
Sugarboy
Slow Disco
Pills
Dancing with a Ghost



pretty close to the same rankings for me, although I don't see the live show til January. very excited for it. she's yet to put out a weak album or put on a weak live show.

100% agree.

I will say, too, that two of the highlights of the live show (for me) were Pills and Sugarboy. Which are two songs that I've taken the longest to come around on in their studio versions. She fucking NAILS those live. At least, in my humble opinion.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56152
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Los Ageless
Hang on Me
Savior
Fear the Future
Smoking Section
Slow Disco
Happy Birthday, Johnny
Young Lover
Masseduction
New York
Dancing with a Ghost
Sugarboy
Pills

Hang On Me in your #2 spot doesn't surprise me at all. I feel like it's the closest to a Mynabirds song that Annie's gotten so far. I'd love to hear Laura cover that tune.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46921
Location: Sector 7-G
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Los Ageless
Hang on Me
Savior
Fear the Future
Smoking Section
Slow Disco
Happy Birthday, Johnny
Young Lover
Masseduction
New York
Dancing with a Ghost
Sugarboy
Pills

Hang On Me in your #2 spot doesn't surprise me at all. I feel like it's the closest to a Mynabirds song that Annie's gotten so far. I'd love to hear Laura cover that tune.

i sing it all the time, i love it so much


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56152
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
cutuphalfdead wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Los Ageless
Hang on Me
Savior
Fear the Future
Smoking Section
Slow Disco
Happy Birthday, Johnny
Young Lover
Masseduction
New York
Dancing with a Ghost
Sugarboy
Pills

Hang On Me in your #2 spot doesn't surprise me at all. I feel like it's the closest to a Mynabirds song that Annie's gotten so far. I'd love to hear Laura cover that tune.

i sing it all the time, i love it so much

"I know you hate my hysterics
I promise this time it’s different
I won't cry wolf in the kitchen
Just please, oh, please don’t hang up yet"

:luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 6:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46921
Location: Sector 7-G
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Los Ageless
Hang on Me
Savior
Fear the Future
Smoking Section
Slow Disco
Happy Birthday, Johnny
Young Lover
Masseduction
New York
Dancing with a Ghost
Sugarboy
Pills

Hang On Me in your #2 spot doesn't surprise me at all. I feel like it's the closest to a Mynabirds song that Annie's gotten so far. I'd love to hear Laura cover that tune.

i sing it all the time, i love it so much

"I know you hate my hysterics
I promise this time it’s different
I won't cry over from the kitchen
Just please, oh, please don’t hang up yet"

:luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

i know, seriously


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: St. Vincent - S/T (Feb 25)
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56152
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I copy/pasted those lines from the internet. I edited my original post but you'd already quoted me...

The internet says the line is "I won't cry over from the kitchen" but I thought it was "I won't cry wolf in the kitchen."

Which is it?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1806 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Higgs and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun December 17, 2017 10:08 am