The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cover Songs that make you say "Holy Shit!"
PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2019 11:10 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Strat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Strat wrote:
i remember the twins

First spring training game this weekend!

I mean this seriously, pm me when i should start caring about them again #bandwagon

PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2019 11:11 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

bodysnatcher wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
of course phatj likes aaron lewis

I was drunk lol

How often do you get drunk since the heart attack?

Not often. Honestly, I’ve been dealing with some pretty difficult anxiety and depression issues and I’ve had a couple nights when I wasn’t coping well and drank more than I should have. That’s how Aaron Lewis happens.

bummer man, sorry to hear that

does the winter get to you after a while? just curious. a lot of people here deal with season affective disorder due the never ending gray days and rain, but wasn't sure about your area since i'm sure you get some sun in the winter. i didn't believe in it at first, because generally i like the gray weather. but after about 5 years, it really started to get to me right about this time of year, and i had to load up on vitamin D and fish oils, which definitely help.

I definitely deal with seasonal affective disorder. And this winter hasn’t helped. We’ve already set a record for most snow ever in February. Got 10” yesterday. But this is more of a chemical imbalance in my brain issue. I started on meds for the first time ever on Jan 2, and I’m in the process of talking to doctors/psychiatrist about different options with that. So hopefully I’ll get some relief soon.

PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2019 11:11 pm 

bodysnatcher wrote:
Strat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Strat wrote:
i remember the twins

I mean this seriously, pm me when i should start caring about them again #bandwagon

Ouch

PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2019 11:26 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PHATJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

I was drunk lol

Not often. Honestly, I’ve been dealing with some pretty difficult anxiety and depression issues and I’ve had a couple nights when I wasn’t coping well and drank more than I should have. That’s how Aaron Lewis happens.

does the winter get to you after a while? just curious. a lot of people here deal with season affective disorder due the never ending gray days and rain, but wasn't sure about your area since i'm sure you get some sun in the winter. i didn't believe in it at first, because generally i like the gray weather. but after about 5 years, it really started to get to me right about this time of year, and i had to load up on vitamin D and fish oils, which definitely help.

I definitely deal with seasonal affective disorder. And this winter hasn’t helped. We’ve already set a record for most snow ever in February. Got 10” yesterday. But this is more of a chemical imbalance in my brain issue. I started on meds for the first time ever on Jan 2, and I’m in the process of talking to doctors/psychiatrist about different options with that. So hopefully I’ll get some relief soon.

ahh yeah that makes sense. kinda sucks, but seems like meds can be sort of like an experimentation until you get the right numbers dialed in. in the meantime, you gotta deal with the crappy side effects

PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2019 11:27 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PHATJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Strat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Strat wrote:
i remember the twins

Ouch

hey, that'll be sooner before the Mariners do anything

PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2019 11:34 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

bodysnatcher wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Strat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Strat wrote:
i remember the twins

Ouch

Ouchiro

PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2019 11:34 pm 

bodysnatcher wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Strat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Strat wrote:
i remember the twins

Ouch

Lol, good point

PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2019 11:36 pm 

bodysnatcher wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

I was drunk lol

ahh yeah that makes sense. kinda sucks, but seems like meds can be sort of like an experimentation until you get the right numbers dialed in. in the meantime, you gotta deal with the crappy side effects

Exactly. It’s a total crapshoot rapture.

PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2019 11:38 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PHATJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

I was drunk lol

not a good time to make a comatose joke, phat

PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2019 11:41 pm 

bodysnatcher wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

I was drunk lol

not a good time to make a comatose joke, phat

:oops:

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 1:55 am 
Rank This Poster

I remember thinking "Holy Shit!" when I first heard/watched this.

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 2:00 am 
The Master

oh gd yea. I think i saw them play that on conan in like 2002. Blew me away. Still love their version of that more than any other.

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 2:38 am 

Good choice, Leatherhead

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 2:57 am 
Poster of the Year

meh

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 3:05 am 
The Master

shut up chud

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 3:07 am 

chud’s just chudding

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 3:14 am 
Poster of the Year

no i was legitimately disappointed

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 3:17 am 
Rank This Poster

I should listen to more of The White Stripes, really not that familiar. Jack White seems pretty alright. Just googled some stuff about them breaking up, and Jack said some pretty nice things about Meg. “I would often look at her onstage and say, ‘I can’t believe she’s up here.’ I don’t think she understood how important she was to the band, and to me and to music,” he added. “She was the antithesis of a modern drummer. So childlike and incredible and inspiring. All the not-talking didn’t matter, because onstage? Nothing I do will top that.”

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 3:17 am 
The Master

Leatherhead wrote:
I should listen to more of The White Stripes, really not that familiar. Jack White seems pretty alright. Just googled some stuff about them breaking up, and Jack said some pretty nice things about Meg. “I would often look at her onstage and say, ‘I can’t believe she’s up here.’ I don’t think she understood how important she was to the band, and to me and to music,” he added. “She was the antithesis of a modern drummer. So childlike and incredible and inspiring. All the not-talking didn’t matter, because onstage? Nothing I do will top that.”

I love and miss the white stripes so much.

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 5:43 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

I was drunk lol

Sorry you're struggling, man. That sucks.

Thanks, man. I’ll be alright in the long run.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I mean, you died three times and you're still here. I'm pretty sure you got this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands