Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Chris Cornell

Sun January 07, 2018 4:59 pm

I was listening to his old 2014 WTF podcast yesterday...He was so funny and articulate and bright about his past and future his suicide is still surprising to me.

Sun January 07, 2018 5:12 pm

Holy shit his voice here is rough

Sun January 07, 2018 11:33 pm

theplatypus wrote:

Holy shit his voice here is rough

You can pretty much write off any Audioslave live performance, bar one or two ones where he was having a good night. Dude did not sound good in the early-mid 00s.

Mon January 08, 2018 1:04 am

VinylGuy wrote:I was listening to his old 2014 WTF podcast yesterday...He was so funny and articulate and bright about his past and future his suicide is still surprising to me.

I’m still finding it surprisingly difficult to come to grips with. Not in an emotional sense, just that it feels somehow not real yet; like, surely not? Surely that new Soundgarden record will be ready soon? Huh.

Mon January 08, 2018 2:43 am

Birds in Hell wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:I was listening to his old 2014 WTF podcast yesterday...He was so funny and articulate and bright about his past and future his suicide is still surprising to me.

I’m still finding it surprisingly difficult to come to grips with. Not in an emotional sense, just that it feels somehow not real yet; like, surely not? Surely that new Soundgarden record will be ready soon? Huh.

Yeah me too. Specially if i listen to a podcast like this one or watch a recent performance. It feel it didnt happened.

Sun January 14, 2018 1:00 am

I wonder if the documentary is still happening.

Sun January 14, 2018 1:05 am

Still feels surreal, like a really bad dream.

Mon January 15, 2018 12:25 am

Anders wrote:Still feels surreal, like a really bad dream.

Agreed, over 6 months later this one still stings like hell

Mon January 15, 2018 2:20 am

i don't think i will ever "get over" this

Mon January 15, 2018 5:05 am

96583UP wrote:i don't think i will ever "get over" this

+1

Mon January 15, 2018 8:58 pm

I guess somewhat related, we lost another one today, Dolores O'Riordan of the Cranberries. Have to admit, Linger was my jam back in middle school....

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/15/entertain ... index.html

Mon January 15, 2018 10:27 pm

i have a friend who is like 1/5th Irish and only sings "Zombie" at karaoke.

god, this is gonna take it next level.

Thu January 25, 2018 11:41 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn4VDh17Ea0

Backstage footage from the one off Audioslave reunion last year. Sounds like they were all keen to get together again sometime and tour/record.

People kept saying that Cornell was obviously drunk during that Audioslave performance but he seems fine here.

Fri January 26, 2018 1:52 am

thanks for sharing

Fri January 26, 2018 11:22 pm

I just ordered the Euphoria Morning vinyl release. Pretty excited about it.

Sat January 27, 2018 12:20 am

Made a career retrospective playlist on Spotify. Jesus...

Cornell was one of the greatest voices in all of Rock Music history. Fuck that guy for leaving us.

Sat January 27, 2018 12:56 am

Well said. :sad:

Sat January 27, 2018 8:24 am

lecherouslittlestump wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn4VDh17Ea0

Backstage footage from the one off Audioslave reunion last year. Sounds like they were all keen to get together again sometime and tour/record.

People kept saying that Cornell was obviously drunk during that Audioslave performance but he seems fine here.

Seems hard to believe this was only a year ago.

:(

Sat January 27, 2018 3:44 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:I just ordered the Euphoria Morning vinyl release. Pretty excited about it.

Oh i have it. Its glorious.

Birds in Hell wrote:
lecherouslittlestump wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn4VDh17Ea0

Seems hard to believe this was only a year ago.

:(

Yeah, and he seems so engaged in everything he is doing...with his kids there...its still just incredible to think he kill himself.

Sat January 27, 2018 6:59 pm

I still presume it may have been an autoerotic asphyxiation thing, which in some respects is even worse because it’s just a dumb, meaningless accident.
Post a reply