Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Chris Cornell

Wed November 01, 2017 11:02 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:doesn't seem like it

https://www.howardstern.com/show/2017/10/31/adam-levine-and-maroon-5-perform-live-tribute-chris-cornell-seasons-cover/

Great! I thought the guitar playing was the best part, and I was worried I might have to start liking Adam Levine.

Wed November 01, 2017 11:03 pm

:haha:

Wed November 01, 2017 11:50 pm

dammit i'm working on some Maroon 5 graphics right now.

Wed November 01, 2017 11:59 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:dammit i'm working on some Maroon 5 graphics right now.

Sorry bud

Thu November 02, 2017 12:24 am

Adam Levine, more like Adam LeFINE ... :naughty:

Thu November 02, 2017 12:38 am

he groped me when i went to his "New Year's Gropefest for Minors" party at his house. It was completely unexpected. But I knew I needed to keep quiet about it to save my career.

Thu November 02, 2017 12:45 am

96583UP wrote:he groped me when i went to his "New Year's Gropefest for Minors" party at his house. It was completely unexpected. But I knew I needed to keep quiet about it to save my career.

Hehehe

Sun December 17, 2017 1:30 am

I wonder what CC's stalker does with her time these days

Sun December 17, 2017 6:44 pm

96583UP wrote:I wonder what CC's stalker does with her time these days

She refocused her energy to Chris Parnell

Thu December 21, 2017 7:12 pm

What are the chances that we ever see some of Cornell's unreleased music? I can think of -

- Stuff from Audioslave. Tom Morello said there were a couple of ones that they'd like to put out on a greatest hits album, which never materialised. Sleight of Hand is the only one that's been performed live as far as I'm aware

- The final Soundgarden album - how close were they to completing it?

- The covers album that Brendan O'Brien said he was working on with Chris before he died. I assume that's where the studio cut of Nothing Compares 2 U comes from. Man I'd love to hear more from this.

- I bet there's some stuff from Scream that's unreleased. A full version of Why Do You Follow Me for instance.

OPEN THE VAULTS

Thu December 21, 2017 7:19 pm

lecherouslittlestump wrote:What are the chances that we ever see some of Cornell's unreleased music? I can think of -

- Stuff from Audioslave. Tom Morello said there were a couple of ones that they'd like to put out on a greatest hits album, which never materialised. Sleight of Hand is the only one that's been performed live as far as I'm aware

- The covers album that Brendan O'Brien said he was working on with Chris before he died. I assume that's where the studio cut of Nothing Compares 2 U comes from. Man I'd love to hear more from this.

- I bet there's some stuff from Scream that's unreleased. A full version of Why Do You Follow Me for instance.

OPEN THE VAULTS

This sounds like an embarrassment of poverties

Thu December 21, 2017 7:57 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:

Great! I thought the guitar playing was the best part, and I was worried I might have to start liking Adam Levine.

Damn. Way better than I guessed it would be! Here’s the full song.

Fri December 22, 2017 4:14 am

Seasons is one of the greatest songs ever.

I'm not a fan of Levine, but that dude has a great appreciation and knowledge of a lot of music

Fri December 22, 2017 4:36 am

bodysnatcher wrote:
96583UP wrote:I wonder what CC's stalker does with her time these days

She refocused her energy to Chris Parnell

This was a good post.

Fri December 22, 2017 5:50 pm

lecherouslittlestump wrote:What are the chances that we ever see some of Cornell's unreleased music? I can think of -

OPEN THE VAULTS

There's also a song called 'Techno Ted' that they recorded for the self-titled album. They performed it a handful of times during the first 2003 tour. Here's one of these performances. You just have to look past his... rough vocals from this era. The ending is great, and a bit different from their usual MO.

And at the very least there's a proper studio version of 'Turn to Gold' lying in a vault somewhere.

Tue December 26, 2017 3:03 am

Watching Temple´s show in San Francisco....Seasons just finished. Cornell next to Stone, they both smile, a little tap from Stone...man, i miss this guy.

Tue December 26, 2017 3:11 am

yes that was special

glad at least they got to do this one tour

Tue December 26, 2017 4:13 am

VinylGuy wrote:Watching Temple´s show in San Francisco....Seasons just finished. Cornell next to Stone, they both smile, a little tap from Stone...man, i miss this guy.

I was at that show with a friend. We still text each other on occasion and remind each other how lucky we were to have seen that show.

Tue December 26, 2017 6:48 pm

I refused to attend the Philly show due to the complete debacle of obtaining tickets through Ticketmaster the second they went on sale. I'm truly regretting not seeking out tickets, even though I would have paid more than double the face value....

Tue December 26, 2017 7:47 pm

I went to his show here in argentina in the Colon Theatre. Amazing experience.
Post a reply