The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14337
I was listening to his old 2014 WTF podcast yesterday...He was so funny and articulate and bright about his past and future his suicide is still surprising to me.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 31608
Location: Buenos Aires
Quote:





Holy shit his voice here is rough

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 11:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 10:39 am
Posts: 424
theplatypus wrote:
Quote:





Holy shit his voice here is rough


You can pretty much write off any Audioslave live performance, bar one or two ones where he was having a good night. Dude did not sound good in the early-mid 00s.

_________________
"A man who doesn't spend time with the Jamily can never be a real man," - Don Corelone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 1:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11688
VinylGuy wrote:
I was listening to his old 2014 WTF podcast yesterday...He was so funny and articulate and bright about his past and future his suicide is still surprising to me.

I’m still finding it surprisingly difficult to come to grips with. Not in an emotional sense, just that it feels somehow not real yet; like, surely not? Surely that new Soundgarden record will be ready soon? Huh.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 2:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14337
Birds in Hell wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
I was listening to his old 2014 WTF podcast yesterday...He was so funny and articulate and bright about his past and future his suicide is still surprising to me.

I’m still finding it surprisingly difficult to come to grips with. Not in an emotional sense, just that it feels somehow not real yet; like, surely not? Surely that new Soundgarden record will be ready soon? Huh.


Yeah me too. Specially if i listen to a podcast like this one or watch a recent performance. It feel it didnt happened.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Sun January 14, 2018 1:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14337
I wonder if the documentary is still happening.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Sun January 14, 2018 1:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6192
Location: Oslo, Norway
Still feels surreal, like a really bad dream.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 12:25 am 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 8:29 pm
Posts: 980
Anders wrote:
Still feels surreal, like a really bad dream.


Agreed, over 6 months later this one still stings like hell


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 2:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 7921
i don't think i will ever "get over" this

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 5:05 am 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Sun December 03, 2017 5:33 am
Posts: 29
96583UP wrote:
i don't think i will ever "get over" this


+1


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 8:58 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 8:29 pm
Posts: 980
I guess somewhat related, we lost another one today, Dolores O'Riordan of the Cranberries. Have to admit, Linger was my jam back in middle school....

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/15/entertain ... index.html


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 10:27 pm 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17228
Location: Seattle, WA
i have a friend who is like 1/5th Irish and only sings "Zombie" at karaoke.

god, this is gonna take it next level.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Thu January 25, 2018 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 10:39 am
Posts: 424
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn4VDh17Ea0

Backstage footage from the one off Audioslave reunion last year. Sounds like they were all keen to get together again sometime and tour/record.

People kept saying that Cornell was obviously drunk during that Audioslave performance but he seems fine here.

_________________
"A man who doesn't spend time with the Jamily can never be a real man," - Don Corelone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Fri January 26, 2018 1:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 7921
thanks for sharing

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Fri January 26, 2018 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 65346
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I just ordered the Euphoria Morning vinyl release. Pretty excited about it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Sat January 27, 2018 12:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 65346
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Made a career retrospective playlist on Spotify. Jesus...

Cornell was one of the greatest voices in all of Rock Music history. Fuck that guy for leaving us.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Sat January 27, 2018 12:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:17 pm
Posts: 3330
Location: right there
Well said. :sad:

_________________
It always has to get a little weird.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Sat January 27, 2018 8:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11688
lecherouslittlestump wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn4VDh17Ea0

Backstage footage from the one off Audioslave reunion last year. Sounds like they were all keen to get together again sometime and tour/record.

People kept saying that Cornell was obviously drunk during that Audioslave performance but he seems fine here.

Seems hard to believe this was only a year ago.

:(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Sat January 27, 2018 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14337
durdencommatyler wrote:
I just ordered the Euphoria Morning vinyl release. Pretty excited about it.


Oh i have it. Its glorious.

Birds in Hell wrote:
lecherouslittlestump wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn4VDh17Ea0

Backstage footage from the one off Audioslave reunion last year. Sounds like they were all keen to get together again sometime and tour/record.

People kept saying that Cornell was obviously drunk during that Audioslave performance but he seems fine here.

Seems hard to believe this was only a year ago.

:(


Yeah, and he seems so engaged in everything he is doing...with his kids there...its still just incredible to think he kill himself.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Cornell
PostPosted: Sat January 27, 2018 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11688
I still presume it may have been an autoerotic asphyxiation thing, which in some respects is even worse because it’s just a dumb, meaningless accident.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kevin Davis and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon August 20, 2018 5:20 pm