Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Taylor Swift

Sat July 25, 2020 8:44 pm

It is too long yeah. I have like 5 songs left.

Ill pick it up later.

Also, kanye you shit the bed again.

Sun July 26, 2020 2:33 am

Gave this a spin today. Enjoyed it but not as much as Lover. But there's some great stuff here and I look forward to giving time to open up.

Sun July 26, 2020 2:41 am

Mirrorball and August both sound like the “feel” of the second half of REM’s Up (like shoegaze Summer Turns to High).

Sun July 26, 2020 2:53 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:Has Kevin Davis weighed in yet?

Not yet! I've only managed to get through some of it, and I enjoyed what I heard but found my attention drifting -- probably not the album's fault, I've just been tuned into other kinds of things lately.

I did think "The Last Great American Dynasty" was kind of hilarious, Taylor telling the tragic, tortured saga of her $17 million mansion. Definitely the kind of song only she could write, for better or for worse...

Sun July 26, 2020 2:58 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:Enjoyed it but not as much as Lover. But there's some great stuff here and I look forward to giving time to open up.

Yeah Lover is definitely better.

Sun July 26, 2020 3:56 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:Enjoyed it but not as much as Lover. But there's some great stuff here and I look forward to giving time to open up.

Yeah Lover is definitely better.

I think I set my expectations too high on the first listen. I imagine the second time through will be even better.

Sun July 26, 2020 8:19 pm

Second listen. I enjoyed it even more this time. I agree that it's probably too long. But this is a great record.

Sun July 26, 2020 9:11 pm

yeah, its long but it has some pretty good songs. I havent finished yet but im a big fan of at least 4 or 5 songs.

Mon July 27, 2020 12:42 am

This blows bubblegum-pop Taylor (1989-Lover) out of the water. I ready to move on from Kayne burns.

Mon July 27, 2020 1:40 am

Chris_H_2 wrote:Mirrorball and August both sound like the “feel” of the second half of REM’s Up (like shoegaze Summer Turns to High).

yeah, i agree with this. Totally.

Also, Seven reminds me of another female artist im not sure who yet. But this album is pretty cool guys.

Mon July 27, 2020 1:55 am

Love Invisible String. Its beautiful, and she sounds so good. Super chill.

Mon July 27, 2020 2:09 am

VinylGuy wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:Mirrorball and August both sound like the “feel” of the second half of REM’s Up (like shoegaze Summer Turns to High).

yeah, i agree with this. Totally.

Also, Seven reminds me of another female artist im not sure who yet. But this album is pretty cool guys.

There were a few songs that reminded me of Kacey Musgraves.

Mon July 27, 2020 3:55 am

Chris_H_2 wrote:This blows bubblegum-pop Taylor (1989-Lover) out of the water. I ready to move on from Kayne burns.

I guess I don't know how one definitely bubblegum.

Mon July 27, 2020 2:48 pm

Jesus Christ -- people are absolutely losing their shit at Pitchfork for giving this an 8.0. evidently the writer has received death threats.

Mon July 27, 2020 2:55 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:Jesus Christ -- people are absolutely losing their shit at Pitchfork for giving this an 8.0. evidently the writer has received death threats.

Death would be too good for him or her!

Mon July 27, 2020 3:02 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:Jesus Christ -- people are absolutely losing their shit at Pitchfork for giving this an 8.0. evidently the writer has received death threats.

Did people think it deserved more? Or less?

Mon July 27, 2020 3:03 pm

I give it a 5.3, sounds like taking a melancholy walk around a shopping mall

Mon July 27, 2020 3:18 pm

I'm not surprised. It's awful but it tracks.

Mon July 27, 2020 3:21 pm

haha pitchfork

Mon July 27, 2020 3:32 pm

Jorge wrote:

Did people think it deserved more? Or less?

it's definitely about 95% swifties who think it should've gotten a 10.1.
Post a reply