Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Janelle Monáe?

Yes
75%
Yes
25%

Total votes : 12

Janelle Monáe

Fri September 20, 2013 7:45 pm

Stemming from our conversation in the Made in America Documentary thread.

I bought The Electric Lady today. Beautiful. More accessible than the Arch-Android (less vast, less intimidating), but pretty amazing nonetheless.
Last edited by Jorge on Fri September 20, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Janelle Monáe thread

Fri September 20, 2013 7:47 pm

i read somewhere that Prince had sex with her. Last week.

Fri September 20, 2013 7:58 pm

VinylGuy wrote:i read somewhere that Prince had sex with her. Last week.

Well that's the important thing when discussing a female artist, who did they have sex with.

Fri September 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Fuzzcharger wrote:

Well that's the important thing when discussing a female artist, who did they have sex with.

" FEMALE ARTIST"

sexist. and also, racist.

Re: Janelle Monáe

Fri September 20, 2013 7:59 pm

I voted "no".

Fri September 20, 2013 8:02 pm

VinylGuy wrote:
Fuzzcharger wrote:

" FEMALE ARTIST"

Whatever you say TMZ. I'm only here for the music.

Fri September 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Fuzzcharger wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Fuzzcharger wrote:

" FEMALE ARTIST"

Whatever you say TMZ. I'm only here for the music.

She also like pepsi and coke.

Sat September 21, 2013 7:38 am

I defy you to name an artist in 2013 with a greater to potential fundamentally alter the DNA of pop music going forward. Her records are like like pop alchemy on the grandest scale. I have a hard time taking anyone seriously if they aren't at the very least intrigued by what she's doing. We may be watching the most exciting artist of her era come into her own right now.

Sat September 21, 2013 8:11 am

Lament wrote:I defy you to name an artist in 2013 with a greater to potential fundamentally alter the DNA of pop music going forward. Her records are like like pop alchemy on the grandest scale. I have a hard time taking anyone seriously if they aren't at the very least intrigued by what she's doing. We may be watching the most exciting artist of her era come into her own right now.

Lightning Bolt, dude

Sat September 21, 2013 9:17 am

Lament wrote:I defy you to name an artist in 2013 with a greater to potential fundamentally alter the DNA of pop music going forward. Her records are like like pop alchemy on the grandest scale. I have a hard time taking anyone seriously if they aren't at the very least intrigued by what she's doing. We may be watching the most exciting artist of her era come into her own right now.

Quite the accolade. Consider me intrigued.

Sat September 21, 2013 10:41 am

A vote for "Yes" is clearly doing well in the polls. It makes me happy that we can all agree on something.

Sat September 21, 2013 3:23 pm

would you hit it?

Sun September 22, 2013 7:05 am

theplatypus wrote:I bought The Electric Lady today. Beautiful. More accessible than the Arch-Android (less vast, less intimidating), but pretty amazing nonetheless.

I finally got a chance to sit down and listen to a copy of the entire album straight through tonight. Wow. It's seriously fantastic. I think I might eventually prefer it to The ArchAndroid. I can't recommend checking this album out enough. I'm gonna have to try to get a copy of my own this week (though I think my money may be better spent right now on getting a ticket to see her next month).

Out of curiosity Jorge, did you get the Deluxe version?

Sun September 22, 2013 9:56 pm

No, regular version, I think.

Sun September 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Holy fuck I'm three songs into Electric Lady and I'm kind of stunned. This rivals The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill.

Sun September 22, 2013 10:02 pm

harmless wrote:Holy fuck I'm three songs into Electric Lady and I'm kind of stunned. This rivals The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill.

In the words of the immortal chud...

:hooray:

Sun September 22, 2013 10:03 pm

Lament wrote:
harmless wrote:Holy fuck I'm three songs into Electric Lady and I'm kind of stunned. This rivals The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill.

It's so joyous.

Sun September 22, 2013 10:06 pm

The bassline of 'Prime Time' kind of reminds me of 'Where is My Mind?' in a different key. Edit: and the 'ooh' vocal.

Sun September 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Sooo good. Where is everyone? I want to post about Janelle Monae.

Sun September 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Lament wrote:

What's in the deluxe edition?
Post a reply