Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: CHVRCHES

Thu October 29, 2015 11:16 pm

https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/chvrches

Full live webcast right now :nice:

Sat November 21, 2015 1:40 am

Sat November 21, 2015 1:47 am

Terrible video for one of the best tracks of the year.

Mon November 23, 2015 10:20 pm

Chvrches Lauren Mayberry on solo plans: 'Eventually everyone in the band will do their own thing'
Singer also hits out at critics of Taylor Swift and Beyonce

DAMIAN JONES, 23RD NOVEMBER 2015

Chvrches frontwoman Lauren Mayberry has revealed that she will go solo at some point in the future.

The singer, who's band are currently touring the UK, claims she expects all three members of the band to go it alone eventually.

She told The Sunday Times: "At this point, the band is the focus. But eventually, everyone will go and do their own things."

Mayberry also defended singers including Taylor Swift and Beyoncé Knowles amid accusations they are not "feminist enough".

She added: "People say Taylor Swift's not feminist enough or Beyoncé's not feminist enough but there are 12-year-old girls going to their shows and taking an awesome message. You don't have to be the [feminist] Gloria Steinem of pop. There are so many problems with feminism, as women spend a lot of time telling other women what to do and that distracts from the actual problem.

The singer also spoke out about an article she wrote about an abusive relationship in her past.

An excerpt from the essay obtained by Stereogum saw Mayberry talk about a man from her past who acted violently around her and the "final wake-up call" she needed to get out of the relationship.

"If you handed the younger me that article, I would find it helpful," she said: "If, at this point, people listen to me, that's a good thing."

Chvrches are set to play London's Alexandra Palace this Friday (November 27). Four Tet will also provide support on the date in the capital.

Wed December 16, 2015 3:11 pm

Wed January 13, 2016 12:17 am

Wed January 13, 2016 1:54 am

Stickman wrote:

good to see Corden's crowds are as annoying as he is.

Tue January 19, 2016 8:28 pm

YES!!!!!

Tue January 19, 2016 8:32 pm

that will be my 5-year old's first proper concert. she's been bugging me forever, considering I took my son to Sigur Ros twice, with the first time when he was 4.

Sun February 21, 2016 3:55 am

Sun February 21, 2016 11:43 am

Their music videos don't really fit well together with their music. Is their goal to become the cheesiest band in indie music?

Sun February 21, 2016 2:01 pm

I think music videos in general are kind of dumb, unless you're the Beastie Boys.

Sun February 21, 2016 2:07 pm

I tried listening to these guys via Pandora and Sirius, but they're not my cup of tea.

Sun February 21, 2016 2:07 pm

Kevin Davis wrote:I think music videos in general are kind of dumb, unless you're the Beastie Boys.

The Beasties really did make the best videos.

Thu February 25, 2016 10:48 am

She's got a .....voice. fuck i dont' know. i'm impressed....the music is ok but her voice cuts thru it, sounds amazing.

Thu February 25, 2016 10:48 am

darth_vedder wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:I think music videos in general are kind of dumb, unless you're the Beastie Boys.

The Beasties really did make the best videos.

All videos should be animated.

Fri May 13, 2016 3:11 am

Wed May 18, 2016 9:11 pm

Thu June 09, 2016 7:00 pm

Sun June 26, 2016 10:47 pm

Bury It from Saturday night's Glastonbury Performance
Post a reply