The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: CHVRCHES
PostPosted: Sun September 29, 2013 8:01 pm 
The worst

piratebay doesn't have it.

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sun September 29, 2013 8:02 pm 
Poster of the Year

I'll be waiting to hear from you in the appropriate thread.

PostPosted: Sun September 29, 2013 8:08 pm 
The worst

right now I have to decide if I feel like spending 10 bucks on it. And I just got a ridiculous credit card bill this month.

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Mon September 30, 2013 4:45 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicb ... e-misogyny

Chvrches' Lauren Mayberry: 'I will not accept online misogyny'

PostPosted: Mon September 30, 2013 4:48 pm 
AnalLog

5 words to describe CHAERTW, plz Jorge? I genuinely rate your ability to strip back and assess accordingly.

PostPosted: Mon September 30, 2013 5:01 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

theplatypus wrote:
http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2013/sep/30/chvrches-lauren-mayberry-online-misogyny

Also one for the feminism thread, maybe?

PostPosted: Mon September 30, 2013 6:46 pm 
tl;dr

theplatypus wrote:
http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2013/sep/30/chvrches-lauren-mayberry-online-misogyny

I'm picking up what this girl is putting down. I hate this stuff.

PostPosted: Mon September 30, 2013 11:10 pm 
Rank This Poster

Lament wrote:
I've enjoyed everything Haim has put out (especially Forever), but having heard CHVRCHES play most of what's gonna be on their album when I saw them in March, I expect it to be absolutely stunning. I expect the Haim one to be a great time, but the CHVRCHES one has the potential to be transcendent.

should i start a HAIM thread?

they're jealous of this one

PostPosted: Mon September 30, 2013 11:57 pm 
Commissioner

psychobain wrote:
Lament wrote:
I've enjoyed everything Haim has put out (especially Forever), but having heard CHVRCHES play most of what's gonna be on their album when I saw them in March, I expect it to be absolutely stunning. I expect the Haim one to be a great time, but the CHVRCHES one has the potential to be transcendent.

If you do, my first post is gonna be wondering why they're best buddies with David Cameron now, which has kinda soured me on them.

Actually, I'll tell you what, I promise not to drag my troublemaking into it for at least a few days, till everyone has a chance to talk about the new album. It's out today/tomorrow, right?

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2013 12:00 am 

Lament wrote:
psychobain wrote:
Lament wrote:

If you do, my first post is gonna be wondering why they're best buddies with David Cameron now, which has kinda soured me on them.

Actually, I'll tell you what, I promise not to drag my troublemaking into it for at least a few days, till everyone has a chance to talk about the new album. It's out today/tomorrow, right?

:shock:

:shake:

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2013 12:02 am 
Commissioner

harmless wrote:
Lament wrote:

Right? Disappointing.

http://www.nme.com/news/haim/72930

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2013 12:04 am 

Lament wrote:
harmless wrote:
Lament wrote:

Right? Disappointing.

Irony? It's got to be, right?

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2013 12:08 am 
Commissioner

harmless wrote:
Lament wrote:
harmless wrote:
Lament wrote:

Right? Disappointing.

I wish I could say so, but I don't think it is. They strike me as the kind of Americans who are like "Everything British is great!"

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2013 12:10 am 

Lament wrote:
harmless wrote:
Lament wrote:
harmless wrote:
Lament wrote:

Right? Disappointing.

I wish I could say so, but I don't think it is. They strike me as the kind of Americans who are like "Everything British is great!"

Uh, yeah maybe so. That's going to really put off a lot of their potential UK audience (and thinking Americans) :lol:

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2013 12:13 am 
Commissioner

harmless wrote:
Lament wrote:
harmless wrote:
Lament wrote:
harmless wrote:
Lament wrote:

Right? Disappointing.

Uh, yeah maybe so. That's going to really put off a lot of their potential UK audience (and thinking Americans) :lol:

I'm surprised at what a non-story it seems to be in the UK music press at the moment. But yeah, I can see this being a big turn-off for a lot of the indie crowd that has helped them get so big so fast in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2013 12:15 am 

Lament wrote:
harmless wrote:
Lament wrote:
harmless wrote:
Lament wrote:
harmless wrote:
Lament wrote:

Right? Disappointing.

I'm surprised at what a non-story it seems to be in the UK music press at the moment. But yeah, I can see this being a big turn-off for a lot of the indie crowd that has helped them get so big so fast in the first place.

The mainstream UK press is pretty pro-Tory. Certainly anything linked with the BBC is, Daily Mail, Telegraph, those kinds of papers. If Haim are popular within a certain class of people, it might end up being a non-story.

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2013 12:18 am 
Commissioner

September 30th, 2013...

"The violent, sexist attitudes towards women in music are unacceptable on any level and people should stand up to and reject them," -Lauren Mayberry

"David Cameron is da bomb," -Haim

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2013 12:23 am 

:haha:

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2013 12:23 am 

CHVRCHES > HAIM

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2013 12:24 am 

Lament, sorry for fucking up your thread. But would you say people in America are generally aware that David Cameron is a tool?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 26  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands