Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Albums of 2024

Wed March 27, 2024 4:06 pm

finally getting around to listening to the new Adrianne Lenker.

i like.

Thu March 28, 2024 4:04 pm

album out next week, cant wait
all the singles were good

Fri March 29, 2024 9:03 am

Beyoncé's Cowboy Carter is a wonderfully authentic, often experimental country pop album; I guess I became a fan today

Fri March 29, 2024 11:44 am

Ms Harmless wrote:Beyoncé's Cowboy Carter is a wonderfully authentic, often experimental country pop album; I guess I became a fan today

:hooray:

Sat March 30, 2024 4:16 pm

epilogue wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:Beyoncé's Cowboy Carter is a wonderfully authentic, often experimental country pop album; I guess I became a fan today

This album is a revelation. It's a total masterpiece. The run from "Texas Hold 'Em" to "Flamenco" is flawless, and, on it's own is the best album I've heard so far this year. Throw in "American Requiem," "16 Carriages," "Tyrant," and "Sweet * Honey * Buckiin" and this thing is a goddamn MONSTER.

What she's done with "Jolene" is brilliant. Going from her version of that song into "Daughter" just fucking wrecked me. Unreal.

This is an album that is immediately great and will only get better as it ages, I'm sure. This is one I think we're going to talk and come back to for a long time. This feels like one of those "canon" records.

Sat March 30, 2024 5:24 pm

epilogue wrote:
epilogue wrote:

This album is a revelation. It's a total masterpiece. The run from "Texas Hold 'Em" to "Flamenco" is flawless, and, on it's own is the best album I've heard so far this year. Throw in "American Requiem," "16 Carriages," "Tyrant," and "Sweet * Honey * Buckiin" and this thing is a goddamn MONSTER.

What she's done with "Jolene" is brilliant. Going from her version of that song into "Daughter" just fucking wrecked me. Unreal.

This is an album that is immediately great and will only get better as it ages, I'm sure. This is one I think we're going to talk and come back to for a long time. This feels like one of those "canon" records.

I completely agree, and "II Most Wanted" just became my Sapphic anthem of the year, and "Protector" is so beautiful, and the choice to make the cover of "Blackbird" track 2 is very metaphorically powerful; I love everything on here, the only weaker track imo is the Post Malone collab, but it's fine

Sat March 30, 2024 5:28 pm

Ms Harmless wrote:
epilogue wrote:
epilogue wrote:

I completely agree, and "II Most Wanted" just became my Sapphic anthem of the year, and "Protector" is so beautiful, and the choice to make the cover of "Blackbird" track 2 is very metaphorically powerful; I love everything on here, the only weaker track imo is the Post Malone collab, but it's fine

I could have done without that "Blackbird" cover. But otherwise, yeah, this is a pretty fantastic album.

I had to replay that "Riverdance" song multiple times. Talk about an earworm.

Sat March 30, 2024 5:44 pm

Farmer John wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:
epilogue wrote:
epilogue wrote:

I could have done without that "Blackbird" cover. But otherwise, yeah, this is a pretty fantastic album.

I had to replay that "Riverdance" song multiple times. Talk about an earworm.

yeah it's wonderful

Sat March 30, 2024 6:08 pm

Ms Harmless wrote:
epilogue wrote:
epilogue wrote:

I dig the Post Malone collab, but I agree there are much stronger songs. Most Wanted and Protector and outstanding, I totally agree! Even something more slight, like "My Rose" packs a tremendous punch.

Sat March 30, 2024 6:10 pm

epilogue wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:
epilogue wrote:
epilogue wrote:

I dig the Post Malone collab, but I agree there are much stronger songs. Most Wanted and Protector and outstanding, I totally agree! Even something more slight, like "My Rose" packs a tremendous punch.

yes yes

Sat March 30, 2024 8:28 pm

Having listened to this twice now I can't understand why it isn't the only thing anyone is talking about (pop culture-wise, of course).

Sat March 30, 2024 9:16 pm

Bro PJ is about to drop a career defining album produced by Andrew Wotman and mixed by Serban Ghanea

Sat March 30, 2024 9:19 pm

yeah, yeah, yeah, you hate PJ now and we all should too, I get it, drums, blah blah blah

Sat March 30, 2024 9:20 pm

I mean

Sat March 30, 2024 9:20 pm

Pretty much

Sat March 30, 2024 9:21 pm

Yes.

Sat March 30, 2024 9:21 pm

So keep talking about it in all the PJ threads/forums don't bring that shit here

Sat March 30, 2024 9:22 pm

:o

Sat March 30, 2024 9:24 pm

Dude look at the thread title

Sat March 30, 2024 9:24 pm

Pearl Jam sucks now (on topic)
Post a reply