The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2024
PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2024 4:06 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

finally getting around to listening to the new Adrianne Lenker.

i like.

PostPosted: Thu March 28, 2024 4:04 pm 
Rank This Poster

album out next week, cant wait
all the singles were good

PostPosted: Fri March 29, 2024 9:03 am 
She / Her

Beyoncé's Cowboy Carter is a wonderfully authentic, often experimental country pop album; I guess I became a fan today

PostPosted: Fri March 29, 2024 11:44 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Ms Harmless wrote:
Beyoncé's Cowboy Carter is a wonderfully authentic, often experimental country pop album; I guess I became a fan today

:hooray:

PostPosted: Sat March 30, 2024 4:16 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

epilogue wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:

This album is a revelation. It's a total masterpiece. The run from "Texas Hold 'Em" to "Flamenco" is flawless, and, on it's own is the best album I've heard so far this year. Throw in "American Requiem," "16 Carriages," "Tyrant," and "Sweet * Honey * Buckiin" and this thing is a goddamn MONSTER.

What she's done with "Jolene" is brilliant. Going from her version of that song into "Daughter" just fucking wrecked me. Unreal.

This is an album that is immediately great and will only get better as it ages, I'm sure. This is one I think we're going to talk and come back to for a long time. This feels like one of those "canon" records.

PostPosted: Sat March 30, 2024 5:24 pm 
She / Her

epilogue wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:

This album is a revelation. It's a total masterpiece. The run from "Texas Hold 'Em" to "Flamenco" is flawless, and, on it's own is the best album I've heard so far this year. Throw in "American Requiem," "16 Carriages," "Tyrant," and "Sweet * Honey * Buckiin" and this thing is a goddamn MONSTER.

What she's done with "Jolene" is brilliant. Going from her version of that song into "Daughter" just fucking wrecked me. Unreal.

This is an album that is immediately great and will only get better as it ages, I'm sure. This is one I think we're going to talk and come back to for a long time. This feels like one of those "canon" records.

I completely agree, and "II Most Wanted" just became my Sapphic anthem of the year, and "Protector" is so beautiful, and the choice to make the cover of "Blackbird" track 2 is very metaphorically powerful; I love everything on here, the only weaker track imo is the Post Malone collab, but it's fine

PostPosted: Sat March 30, 2024 5:28 pm 
Rank This Poster

Ms Harmless wrote:
epilogue wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:

I completely agree, and "II Most Wanted" just became my Sapphic anthem of the year, and "Protector" is so beautiful, and the choice to make the cover of "Blackbird" track 2 is very metaphorically powerful; I love everything on here, the only weaker track imo is the Post Malone collab, but it's fine

I could have done without that "Blackbird" cover. But otherwise, yeah, this is a pretty fantastic album.

I had to replay that "Riverdance" song multiple times. Talk about an earworm.

PostPosted: Sat March 30, 2024 5:44 pm 
She / Her

Farmer John wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:
epilogue wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:

I could have done without that "Blackbird" cover. But otherwise, yeah, this is a pretty fantastic album.

I had to replay that "Riverdance" song multiple times. Talk about an earworm.

yeah it's wonderful

PostPosted: Sat March 30, 2024 6:08 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Ms Harmless wrote:
epilogue wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:

I dig the Post Malone collab, but I agree there are much stronger songs. Most Wanted and Protector and outstanding, I totally agree! Even something more slight, like "My Rose" packs a tremendous punch.

PostPosted: Sat March 30, 2024 6:10 pm 
She / Her

epilogue wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:
epilogue wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:

I dig the Post Malone collab, but I agree there are much stronger songs. Most Wanted and Protector and outstanding, I totally agree! Even something more slight, like "My Rose" packs a tremendous punch.

yes yes

PostPosted: Sat March 30, 2024 8:28 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Having listened to this twice now I can't understand why it isn't the only thing anyone is talking about (pop culture-wise, of course).

PostPosted: Sat March 30, 2024 9:16 pm 
Production Police

Bro PJ is about to drop a career defining album produced by Andrew Wotman and mixed by Serban Ghanea

PostPosted: Sat March 30, 2024 9:19 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

yeah, yeah, yeah, you hate PJ now and we all should too, I get it, drums, blah blah blah

PostPosted: Sat March 30, 2024 9:20 pm 
Production Police

I mean

PostPosted: Sat March 30, 2024 9:20 pm 
Production Police

Pretty much

PostPosted: Sat March 30, 2024 9:21 pm 
Production Police

Yes.

PostPosted: Sat March 30, 2024 9:21 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

So keep talking about it in all the PJ threads/forums don't bring that shit here

PostPosted: Sat March 30, 2024 9:22 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

:o

PostPosted: Sat March 30, 2024 9:24 pm 
Production Police

Dude look at the thread title

PostPosted: Sat March 30, 2024 9:24 pm 
Production Police

Pearl Jam sucks now (on topic)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands