Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Does your fandom cloud your judgment?

Mon November 06, 2023 12:08 am

I'm definitely predisposed to like the music by one of my faves as I already like the ingredients. But all that really means is I'll give it more of a chance.

Take Gigaton. I listened to that way more than I would have if it wasn't PJ, trying to let the weaker songs in. Additionally, I'll give those songs a few live versions to sway me as well. It seems a bit ridiculous to think that I've heard SBWM dozens of times and I still think it's dogshit where as if it was Blink 182 I'd have only ever heard it once.

As for judgement I dislike quite a lot of my faves catalogues.

Mon November 06, 2023 2:29 am

I don’t think it does for me. I just always give my nostalgia acts a listen because they’ve earned it. Except Weezer. They’ve burned through all their equity. Rivers should have offed himself after Pinkerton.

Mon November 06, 2023 2:56 am

Yikes. That river has a family, dude.

Mon November 06, 2023 2:00 pm

daft twat wrote:I don’t think it does for me.

Hmmm

Mon November 06, 2023 2:03 pm

It definitely clouds my judgement when it come to the use of a band like Pearl Jam, for example, in movies or tv shows. It always sounds weird and distracting. Is it actually a good use of the song? Very hard to tell.

Except for "Animal" in The Bear. That was objectively great.

Mon November 06, 2023 2:08 pm

No. My judgements are completely rational and fair.

Mon November 06, 2023 2:13 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:No. My judgements are completely rational and fair.

Hmmm

Sat February 24, 2024 6:26 am

I've got better over the years to know when not to show new music to friends because my judgement is clouded.. so at least maybe i can tell when it is maybe?

Mon March 04, 2024 4:02 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:No. My judgements are completely rational and fair.

agreed. it's just happens that my three favorite bands are the greatest american band (Pearl Jam), the greatest english band (Radiohead) and the most underrated band ever (Dave Matthews Band).
Post a reply