The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post subject: Re: The music you'll never hear again
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 2:23 am 
Looks Like a Cat

:lol: way to go Higgs

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 3:26 am 
mXn

I remember there was either a song or a band called Dirtnap that was played on 1077.7 The End when I was in Jr. High. This is basically pre-internet. May have only heard that song once.

I’ve since looked it up on the internet and have never been able to find what I think I remember to be that song.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 4:28 am 
Rank This Poster

Those 2 kendrick “songs” I just listened to.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:10 am 
The Master

We had to watch some lame made for tv style movie in a late middle school or early high school class. I don't remember which class, or if the movie was relevant to anything. But in a scene there was a band playing a song. It had a mid 1990's rock tempo, and the chorus had lines that said something like "It's not your fault...take me away...". That's all I remember, but that part would creep into mind occasionally for years. Back then I thought it was an actual song, but now I'm sure it was just something generic for the movie.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:50 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
We had to watch some lame made for tv style movie in a late middle school or early high school class. I don't remember which class, or if the movie was relevant to anything. But in a scene there was a band playing a song. It had a mid 1990's rock tempo, and the chorus had lines that said something like "It's not your fault...take me away...". That's all I remember, but that part would creep into mind occasionally for years. Back then I thought it was an actual song, but now I'm sure it was just something generic for the movie.

Maybe you dreamt it

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 3:01 pm 
The Master

JuanHamm wrote:

Maybe you dreamt it

I did not.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 2:52 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Thinking of a CD I bought at a church lock-in once by a local punk/ska band called Everybody Duck.

I don't remember much about the album cover, but I do remember the lettering was bright and bubbly and there were some pink and orange tones to the whole motif. I don't remember anything about the songs except that they were vaguely Christian, vaguely punk, and very ska. There was so much of that music in the late 90s youth group scene. I personally was never super into youth groups, but my best friends all were so I tagged along to these types of events and I was exposed to all of that music.

Anyway, I wonder what ever happened to Everybody Duck.

EDIT:

I FOUND THEM EASILY ON BANDCAMP.

https://everybodyduck.bandcamp.com/

1. They weren't local
2. the CD I bought was the one with the cow on the cover.
3. They really aren't ska at all.

Damn. The memory is a funny thing. I've been thinking about this band the wrong way for decades.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 3:38 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

JuanHamm wrote:

Maybe you dreamt it

I did not.

Maybe though

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 6:38 pm 
The Master

JuanHamm wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:

Maybe you dreamt it

I did not.

Maybe though

Definitely not. They weren't ska or Christian either.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 6:20 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Years ago, I was on a long drive by myself and was passing by Bangor. I had picked up the University of Maine's radio station, and then they played this amazing awesome rock song with super guitar parts. It was so great. They didn't say the name of the artist or song at the next commercial break, and later I tried in vain to find the station's playlist online. I'll never know what the song was. Just one of those things.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 6:57 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

There was a song from ages ago that I downloaded off of Napster called War Chant or something like that. It was kinda like Heilung or something. Some dude yelling in a foreign language. I've never been able to find it again, but I wish I could.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 7:18 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

I've got one like those too, except I can't remember anything but a few keyboard notes between the verses. Maybe it was a female singer? In my mind it's always a Stereolab song except I specifically remember hearing it on local rock radio, which never would have played Stereolab.

This phantom song was as around 1996-1997

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 7:20 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Captain Termite wrote:
Years ago, I was on a long drive by myself and was passing by Bangor. I had picked up the University of Maine's radio station, and then they played this amazing awesome rock song with super guitar parts. It was so great. They didn't say the name of the artist or song at the next commercial break, and later I tried in vain to find the station's playlist online. I'll never know what the song was. Just one of those things.

It would amazing if this was just Marquee Moon or something. For some reason I picture that song in this specific scenario

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 8:53 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

washing machine wrote:
Captain Termite wrote:

It would amazing if this was just Marquee Moon or something. For some reason I picture that song in this specific scenario
It probably is something like that. I have holes in my listening history, even for sounds that should be in my wheelhouse. At the time, I possibly had never heard a single Television song, and it was a college radio station so they would be playing songs that were neither new nor a staple of Classic Rock radio formats.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 12:07 am 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
There was a song from ages ago that I downloaded off of Napster called War Chant or something like that. It was kinda like Heilung or something. Some dude yelling in a foreign language. I've never been able to find it again, but I wish I could.

We can recreate it.

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands