Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Albums of 2022

Mon January 24, 2022 12:07 am

Mickey wrote:On the other hand I am very much looking forward to the double Big Thief album that's set to come out in February.

Out of all the sad indie rock that RM loves this one kinda held my interest.

Mon January 24, 2022 12:19 am

dad wrote:I know there’s not a lot of love for Grizzly Bear here, but I don’t care.

Daniel Rossen, one of the members of the former band, is putting out an album this year, and I tend to lean more on his GB contributions. Christopher Bear, the GB drummer is featured on this track. Not sure if he’s on the whole album. It’s good to hear Rossen’s voice again. It sounds like a GB tune, but I like it.

almost uncanny how much this sounds like Jim O'Rourke's last Drag City album:

Tue January 25, 2022 9:08 pm

Looking forward to diving in to the new Jake Xerxes Fussell record that just came out, Good and Green Again. Out of Sight is still a favorite.

Tue January 25, 2022 9:43 pm

Mickey wrote:Looking forward to diving in to the new Jake Xerxes Fussell record that just came out, Good and Green Again. Out of Sight is still a favorite.

had never heard of him before. i liked that song a lot.

Wed January 26, 2022 3:18 am

I posted about his album from 2020 (?) and enjoyed that one a lot. Will defo check out the newie.

Wed January 26, 2022 3:41 am

Higgs wrote:I posted about his album from 2020 (?) and enjoyed that one a lot. Will defo check out the newie.

I knew there was someone else on here who knew him.

Wed January 26, 2022 12:36 pm

New Warpaint album out in May.

New single is out now, and its fucking awesome.

Wed January 26, 2022 12:38 pm

Mickey wrote:
Higgs wrote:I posted about his album from 2020 (?) and enjoyed that one a lot. Will defo check out the newie.

Snc and I dig him too.

Wed January 26, 2022 12:51 pm

VinylGuy wrote:New Warpaint album out in May.

Producer?

Wed January 26, 2022 12:57 pm

I dont know

Wed January 26, 2022 2:14 pm

Mickey wrote:

:wave:

Wed January 26, 2022 2:46 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:

Producer?

i tried to find who, and failed. my guess is stella mozgawa tho.

Wed January 26, 2022 2:47 pm

dad wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Producer?

i tried to find who, and failed. my guess is stella mozgawa tho.

yeah, could be.

Sounds great.

Wed January 26, 2022 3:19 pm

About a month ago Constellation announced that they would be putting out the debut full-length of Kee Avil, the songwriting alias of Vicky Mettler who has spent some time around Montreal building her reputation as a guitar-slinging noisemonger. Details about the album have now surfaced; it's titled Crease and will be released on March 11. The initial announcement dropped the lead track, "See My Shadow," and now the immediately following song, "saf," is also available for streaming. The two songs pair well with 2018's Kee Avil EP (https://keeavil.bandcamp.com/album/kee-avil-ep), displaying Mettler's interest in using dissonant tones and rhythmic focus to construct her compositions.

Bandcamp:

Wed January 26, 2022 3:52 pm

Jonathan Parant is best known as one fourth of Montreal group Fly Pan Am, but he's also occasionally nurtured a solo career alongside playing in a number of other outfits in the city. Actors Artificial is a new alias he has unveiled with a debut release, Untimeliness & Default Settings on the Italian label Superpang. The two twenty-minute pieces on this album are definitely FPA-related, though obviously in an extended fashion and with a more grandiose sensibility.

Bandcamp:

Sat January 29, 2022 1:08 am

Sat January 29, 2022 1:10 am

epilogue wrote:I wouldn't just post a YouTube video of some random song and leave it at at that.

Sat January 29, 2022 8:34 pm

psychobain wrote:
epilogue wrote:I wouldn't just post a YouTube video of some random song and leave it at at that.

You know you have carte blanche in these threads. :heartbeat:

Sun January 30, 2022 10:07 am

I could go some carte blanche right now. I'm hungry.

Mon January 31, 2022 2:36 am

Last year musician, writer, and theorist Eldritch Priest released an album that was one of three heralding the return of the excellent weird music imprint Rat-Drifting. Coming up on March 4, Priest's first album with a vinyl release is coming out via the Toronto label Halocline Trance, titled Omphaloskepsis. It's reportedly a 54-minute piece that comprises a wandering a guitar melody with some digital manipulation along the way. The digital version is divided into eight movements of which the first can currently be heard on Bandcamp:
Post a reply