Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Albums of 2022

Thu August 18, 2022 12:10 am

I want to listen to that one.

Edit: rarely have I started a new page on a thread that so demands you go back to the last page.

Thu August 18, 2022 6:00 pm

Ms Harmless wrote:

Damn.

Thu August 18, 2022 11:12 pm

liebzz wrote:I want to listen to that one.

Edit: rarely have I started a new page on a thread that so demands you go back to the last page.

Fact. Haha. I assume you were responding to the Black Thought album?

Reakwon, MF DOOM, A$AP Rocky, Run The Jewels, Conway The Machine all have killer features. Dangermouse really shines with his production in this one too. Love it.

Fri August 19, 2022 12:03 am

I really don't like Danger Mouse and it looks like he has a co-starring role in the album?

Fri August 19, 2022 12:07 am

Jorge wrote:I really don't like Danger Mouse and it looks like he has a co-starring role in the album?

what about him do you dislike?

i'm not defending him, but he's been on a couple of projects (gnarls barkley, broken bells) that had some good songs. i don't and won't pretend i know much else about him aside from his name being tied to those. oh, and the jay-z/beatles(?) thing he did.

Fri August 19, 2022 12:08 am

also, what are your thoughts on the British cartoon series Danger Mouse?

Fri August 19, 2022 12:09 am

He doesn’t understand how to make drums sound good. This is a real problem for anyone who enjoys listening to music!

Fri August 19, 2022 12:09 am

dad wrote:also, what are your thoughts on the British cartoon series Danger Mouse?

Penfold is an all timer when it comes to sidekicks.

Fri August 19, 2022 12:14 am

Norris wrote:
dad wrote:also, what are your thoughts on the British cartoon series Danger Mouse?

Penfold is an all timer when it comes to sidekicks.

:heartbeat:

Fri August 19, 2022 12:41 am

Danger Mouse still holds up, hilarious

Fri August 19, 2022 12:42 am

he's the greatest
he's fantastic
wherever there is danger he'll be there

Fri August 19, 2022 2:31 am

tragabigzanda wrote:He doesn’t understand how to make drums sound good. This is a real problem for anyone who enjoys listening to music!

Why am I beginning to read trag's posts in a Trump twitter style voice?

Fri August 19, 2022 12:20 pm

Jorge wrote:I really don't like Danger Mouse and it looks like he has a co-starring role in the album?

He produced the whole project.

Fri August 19, 2022 12:25 pm

Right, but he's not just credited as producer, the album is by "Black Thought and Danger Mouse" which is unusual. I'll listen at some point but that makes me considerably less interested cause I hate what Danger Mouse does with sounds

Fri August 19, 2022 12:45 pm

I don’t think that’s unusual in hip hop at all.

Sat August 20, 2022 4:09 pm

OK

Sun August 21, 2022 5:03 pm

dad wrote:had to take a break from listening to Bummer Yeary by Good Looks. at this point, i feel like that one is at the top for me this year.

Tried this one and just did not dig it. Some good songs but some really grating ones too, the one about his Trump friends was too corny for me.

Sun August 21, 2022 8:16 pm

Mickey wrote:
dad wrote:had to take a break from listening to Bummer Yeary by Good Looks. at this point, i feel like that one is at the top for me this year.

Tried this one and just did not dig it. Some good songs but some really grating ones too, the one about his Trump friends was too corny for me.

i totally get it. i feel like name-dropping world leaders into your lyrics is corny as well, but i gave them a pass because i still think it's a decent song...like i get the sentiment.

i still like this one a lot because of the alt-country vibes and 90s rock nostalgia. feels like a lot of artists have gone the way of a country-sounding album this year. also, lots of artists whose albums i've liked just happen to be from the south (Good Looks, MJ Lenderman, Jake Xerxes Fussell, S.G. Goodman).

go figure.

Tue August 23, 2022 5:59 pm

Figures Mickey wouldn't like it.

Thu August 25, 2022 2:49 am

Jorge wrote:OK

Unless I’m missing something? Just from 2022 alone I have listened to albums credited as:

Ace Cannons & Mightyhealthy
billy woods & Preservation
Boldy James & Real Bad Man
Curren$y & The Alchemist
Defcee & Boathouse
Mach-Hommy & Nicholas Craven
Roc Marciano & The Alchemist
Your Old Droog & Madlib

I assume if any 2 of those people are holed up in a studio together making an album, the producer would have some input on said album. I would assume Dangermouse produced every track (samples, beats, ideas) and had input on anything he thought would help the project.
Post a reply