Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Y’all Gon’ Make Me Lose My Mind: The DMX thread (RIP X)

Sat April 10, 2021 12:51 am

Fucking legend.

It’s Dark and Hell is Hot is a hip hop classic.

Re: Y’all Gon’ Make Me Lose My Mind: The DMX thread (RIP X)

Sat April 10, 2021 12:55 am

Great rapper but no way this needed its own thread on this, perhaps the whitest, most middle-aged board this side of Mumford and Sons.

Sat April 10, 2021 1:04 am

Looking at the tributes today I was surprised by the amount of DMX songs I know. I thought I only knew "Party Up," "X Gon Give It To Ya" and "Ruff Ryders Anthem" but he ran deep

Sat April 10, 2021 1:45 am

I gotta say I read the new york times obit and felt really bad for the guy

and although his portion of the NYT front page was the same size as that of prince philip's

we all know something else of his was clearly much larger

Spoiler: show
his penis

Sat April 10, 2021 11:26 am

It Dark and Hell is Hot is one of the most underrated hip hop albums. i remember when it first came out, his voice was so unique and aggressive. it had this weird mix of hip hop with elements of goth and metal. i know his stuff after was more successful, but this album is by far my favorite. the story telling is top notch. he had this flow that could go from a light jog to a sprint back to a jog flawlessly. he's def one of my favorite 3-5 rappers.

apparently he was pretty successful in movies, as well. i saw Belly when it first came out, but i didn't realize how many films this guy was in. regardless of what you think of hip hop, gangster rap, hood music, etc. this guy was a talent. 50 is far too young. RIP DMX.

Sat April 10, 2021 1:54 pm

I only knew "Where the Hood At?" and "X gon' Give it to Ya". Dude had a unique, almost gravelly voice for sure. RIP I guess.

Mon April 12, 2021 1:02 am

It would've been cool to hear him rap the Hercules Mulligan parts from Hamilton. Guess we'll never get that now. so it goes.

Mon April 12, 2021 1:28 am

washing machine wrote:It would've been cool to hear him rap the Hercules Mulligan parts from Hamilton. Guess we'll never get that now. so it goes.

Welcome back Reid.

Mon April 12, 2021 1:47 am

I'm not back but hey Mickey.

Mon April 12, 2021 2:16 am

Okay John Wick

Tue April 13, 2021 12:51 am

Jammer XCI wrote:Fucking legend.

It’s Dark and Hell is Hot is a hip hop classic.

Glorified G

Tue April 13, 2021 1:10 am

Mickey wrote:Okay John Wick

:lol:

Tue April 13, 2021 3:02 am

what's going on up in here?

Tue April 13, 2021 4:24 am

warehouse wrote:It Dark and Hell is Hot is one of the most underrated hip hop albums. i remember when it first came out, his voice was so unique and aggressive. it had this weird mix of hip hop with elements of goth and metal. i know his stuff after was more successful, but this album is by far my favorite. the story telling is top notch. he had this flow that could go from a light jog to a sprint back to a jog flawlessly. he's def one of my favorite 3-5 rappers.

apparently he was pretty successful in movies, as well. i saw Belly when it first came out, but i didn't realize how many films this guy was in. regardless of what you think of hip hop, gangster rap, hood music, etc. this guy was a talent. 50 is far too young. RIP DMX.

Great post. He had an outsized impact for sure. Like platy said, everyone knows a half-dozen DMX songs. Will always love him in Belly, he sort of just played himself but it was still very enjoyable.
Post a reply