Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Albums of 2021

Tue September 07, 2021 8:58 pm

Higgs wrote:Ripley Johnston's Rose City Band have a new one coming out, Earth Trip. I heard 'In The Rain' from it today - does not disappoint.

I was not disappointed!

Wed September 08, 2021 2:04 am

Im really digging the new releases by Chvrches, Halsey and Big Red Machine

Wed September 08, 2021 12:13 pm

It would appear that I have a thing for all-girl Aussie bands. The Buoys are a Sydney band who are not that far removed from my beloved Camp Cope.

They are releasing their 3rd album Unsolicited Advice for Your DIY Disaster. "Lie to me Again" is the lead single and is a slice of pop rock joy.

Thu September 09, 2021 3:24 pm

Earlier this year, PBS released a documentary called Big Bend: The Wild Frontier of Texas about the desert landscape and national park in southwest Texas. Appropriately enough, Explosions in the Sky were tapped to score the documentary and have since taken their initial score and expanded it into a full album, Big Bend (An Original Soundtrack for Public Television), out October 1 on Temporary Residence, LTD. Two singles are out now, "Climbing Bear" and "Flying," and the album is up for purchase on Bandcamp and elsewhere:

Thu September 09, 2021 9:38 pm

Vinyl release isn't till next year, but I may actually buy my first Lorde album - Te Ao Mārama

Thu September 09, 2021 10:04 pm

new LOW album out tomorrow (leaked already)

Thu September 09, 2021 10:44 pm

Actually scared of this album. It gives me anxiety to listen to it, but then how much music can be so effectively moving? So torn on whether or not to buy an LP.

Thu September 09, 2021 11:00 pm

Thu September 09, 2021 11:04 pm

spike wrote:

i enjoyed the tracklist, but i missed some older tunes
huge verve/ashcroft fan (music, not person)

Bittersweet Symphony
A Song For The Lovers
Sonnet
C’mon People (We’re Making It Now) ft. Liam Gallagher
Weeping Willow
Lucky Man
This Thing Called Life
Space & Time
Velvet Morning
Break The Night With Colour
One Day
The Drugs Don’t Work

Fri September 10, 2021 1:43 am

Fri September 10, 2021 2:25 pm

ALL HANDS_MAKE LIGHT is the new project of Efrim Menuck (Godspeed You! Black Emperor & Silver Mt. Zion) and Ariel Engle (Broken Social Scene, AroarA, La Force) and they recently self-released their self-titled debut. Dense, fuzzy electronics that have been the hallmark of Menuck's last two albums under his own name mixed with Engle's incantatory sometimes clean, sometimes effects-laden vocals. The usual Montreal charm is on display here.

Bandcamp:

Fri September 10, 2021 8:51 pm

Sat September 11, 2021 2:04 am

Not a lot of fans of them on here that I have seen, but enjoyed at least the first 3/4 of the Heartless Bastards new album, A Beautiful Life, so far. Probably will get to the rest tomorrow. Didn’t know it was even coming out until I saw it on a list somewhere.

Sat September 11, 2021 3:13 am

liebzz wrote:Not a lot of fans of them on here that I have seen, but enjoyed at least the first 3/4 of the Heartless Bastards new album, A Beautiful Life, so far. Probably will get to the rest tomorrow. Didn’t know it was even coming out until I saw it on a list somewhere.

Wow that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. Last time I really listened was around the All This Time > Mountain albums

Sat September 11, 2021 1:26 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
liebzz wrote:Not a lot of fans of them on here that I have seen, but enjoyed at least the first 3/4 of the Heartless Bastards new album, A Beautiful Life, so far. Probably will get to the rest tomorrow. Didn’t know it was even coming out until I saw it on a list somewhere.

Wow that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. Last time I really listened was around the All This Time > Mountain albums

Yeah, the last one was 5 years ago and was also pretty good. They’ve always had very solid albums but no one is really paying much attention. Found out about it by luck but I really like how varied this one is.

Tue September 14, 2021 3:36 am

The new Low LP is Very good

Wed September 15, 2021 9:13 pm

Thu September 16, 2021 8:33 am

Faye Webster is an Atlanta indie folk artist who has a kind of smooth, down-tempo country vibe going on. She's just released her 5th album I Know I'm Funny Haha and it is really quite beautiful. Lonesome vocals over pedal steel and piano and a smooth rhythm section, really lovely stuff.

Here's track 2, "Sometimes". Enjoy.

Fri September 17, 2021 12:26 am

Fri September 17, 2021 9:46 pm

This has been on repeat. A great mix of hardcore punk, dream pop, and excellent percussion all around.
Post a reply