Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Stereophonics

Tue November 10, 2020 7:48 am

Dont think this band deserves their own thread but albums 2-5 are pretty fucking great.

Their live album Live From the Dakota is pretty great especially the live version of "Mr. Writer"

Songs like Traffic, nothing precious at all, maybe tomorrow, moviestar, i miss you now, the bartender and the thief, and damn near everything on Language, Sex, Violence, Other? always kept me interested.

Everything since then has been damn near awful.

Re: Stereophonics

Sat November 14, 2020 8:37 pm

They were huge after Performance and Cocktails (at least in Ireland and UK), but steadily fell from relevance as each subsequent album came and went.

The third album has some nice tracks,but I rarely stick it on or actively root for it.

Sat November 14, 2020 8:46 pm

I saw them live once, and i cant remember anything. But thats something that happens with British rock with me, i also saw Travis and Starsailor and dont remember a thing.

I do remember watching the guy from Travis jumping and playing an acoustic guitar like he was playing Porch or something. I was so confused. And bored.

Also saw Oasis. A borefest.

Sat November 14, 2020 9:13 pm

I know the song Devil. That's it.

Sat November 14, 2020 10:05 pm

VinylGuy wrote:I saw them live once, and i cant remember anything. But thats something that happens with British rock with me, i also saw Travis and Starsailor and dont remember a thing.

I do remember watching the guy from Travis jumping and playing an acoustic guitar like he was playing Porch or something. I was so confused. And bored.

Also saw Oasis. A borefest.

Funnily enough I've seen Starsailor (supporting Crowded House - perfectly adequate), and Stereophonics.

I saw the latter headlining a festival during the third album tour, and while I remember their performance being pretty forgettable and hollow, their setlist did have one quirk - the played songs by album chronologically i.e. songs from albums one, two and then three. It made for an interesting if uneven set, as the third album was a but more sombre compared to the previous 2.

Sun November 15, 2020 4:23 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:I know the song Devil. That's it.

pick a part that's new for me...i'm sure i've heard another song or two though...guy's voice was borderline grating

Sun November 15, 2020 10:33 pm

Their "best of" LP is nice
Post a reply