Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Aerosmith

Fri July 31, 2020 5:37 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Sweet Emotion is one of the greatest songs of all time

Meh. Without that music video it’s average.

Fri July 31, 2020 12:36 pm

Bammer wrote:

You're just average

Aerosmith

Tue January 12, 2021 4:17 am

Toys in the Attic is my favorite album

"You see me Crying"

And "No More, No More"

"Baby, I'm a dreamer, found my horse and carri-age" :bammer:

Tue January 12, 2021 4:43 am

Already have a thread

Tue January 12, 2021 4:46 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Already have a thread

Nope

Well I guess

Tue January 12, 2021 5:19 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Bammer wrote:

You're just average

I’ll take it!

Tue January 12, 2021 12:17 pm

i have fond memories of these two things from the 70s

Image + Image

Live Bootleg was my first introduction to aerosmith and like most i kept up with them up until get a grip. everything after that was just kinda meh as they moved to appeal to everyone (which is their right)

i seen them live i think 3 or 4 times during pump and get a grip tours and they (especially steven) always played with such energy much like mick and the boys

i dont think i could pick a favorite song out as most of their early catalogue were all pretty solid to me

Tue January 12, 2021 4:25 pm

Peeps wrote:Imagepretty solid to me
I could play that with my eyes close and score damn near every play. The defense wasn't too hard to figure out.

Rocks is a perfect album for the genre. Toys just about perfect. Tyler could spin an interesting tale.

Tue January 12, 2021 4:45 pm

Coleco football was great. I never had one, but my friend’s family went to the Twin Cities for a baseball game and he came back with one. Then for a week he was everyone’s friend.

Tue January 12, 2021 6:10 pm

I hate this band

Tue January 12, 2021 6:16 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:I hate this band

Tue January 12, 2021 6:17 pm

wease wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:I hate this band

Tue January 12, 2021 8:00 pm

Aerosmith for me is similar to Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins in that the quality range is extremely wide. Aerosmith at its best (Rocks, Toy sin the Attic) is great. At they're worst (whatever that latest album was called), they're absolutely awful.

While it's been a long time now since I've seen them, they were always a fun show. It's not something I would attend hoping for a moment of catharsis, but if I just wanted to have a few drinks and have some fun with some friends, it was the perfect experience for that.

Tue January 12, 2021 8:15 pm

Seasons of Wither(from Get Your Wings) is one of the greatest songs ever.

Tue January 12, 2021 8:21 pm

This Aerosmith is world class.

Tue January 12, 2021 11:04 pm

The drummer is terrible

Tue January 12, 2021 11:55 pm

Stardog Champion wrote:Aerosmith for me is similar to Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins in that the quality range is extremely wide. Aerosmith at its best (Rocks, Toy sin the Attic) is great. At they're worst (whatever that latest album was called), they're absolutely awful.

While it's been a long time now since I've seen them, they were always a fun show. It's not something I would attend hoping for a moment of catharsis, but if I just wanted to have a few drinks and have some fun with some friends, it was the perfect experience for that.

Yeah i can kind of get behind this. I was a MASSIVE Pumpkins fans thru Mellon Collie, then they just totally lost me.

Aerosmith i kind of like their 70s hits, kind of grew up on their mid to late 80s stuff and still have a soft spot for the Pump singles. Always loved Livin' On The Edge but absolutely nothing that came later.

Wed January 13, 2021 7:23 am

rick malone wrote:Seasons of Wither(from Get Your Wings) is one of the greatest songs ever.

Pretty much.

Mon August 29, 2022 3:06 am

Anyone else been watching the concert series they've been putting up on youtube? Quite a few good shows but the drop oof on the last show (2016) is massive. Got me thinking that PJ will have a similar drop again in ten years or so.

Mon August 29, 2022 9:59 pm

LetMeSleep wrote:Anyone else been watching the concert series they've been putting up on youtube? Quite a few good shows but the drop oof on the last show (2016) is massive. Got me thinking that PJ will have a similar drop again in ten years or so.

I watched Houston 77 and ignored the rest.
Post a reply