Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: 2020 RM Secret Mixtape Exchange

Sat March 21, 2020 1:28 am

Birds in Hell wrote:
doone wrote:Any more non Spotify links for those of us interested in hearing the mixes?

All the links (Spotify or otherwise) should be collected in the header post under the spoiler.

Thanks!

Sat March 21, 2020 1:39 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Thanks for running this spenno

Yeah thanks mate. It was grand.

Sat March 21, 2020 2:08 am

Higgs how come I keep having trouble unpacking your .rars? this is the 2nd time. :?

Sat March 21, 2020 2:26 am

I can’t unpack his either. Might need to update your app.

Sat March 21, 2020 4:06 am

theplatypus wrote:My mixmaker went to great lengths to remove the ID3 tags from each mp3 file, but the file names still said the artist and song titles :heartbeat: bless their heart

I can't fucking believe that I did this. Total brain fart. I had the digital side fully sorted, who would've thunk I'd trip up on the analogue bit? What a dill.

Thanks for the review Jorge. I had a few false starts making this mix and scrapped 2 separate ideas before I settled on the post punk thing. I knew you enjoyed the genre and figured I'd be able to get somewhere near that 'venn diagram intersection' between our tastes.

I wasn't trying to be too clever, just making a mix that flowed well, and I was leaning towards the groovier end of post punk. I tried to slot an Elvis Costello song in there but couldn't make it work, although you very nearly had Dave Edmunds doing "Girls Talk" which was last song cut.

The Peep Temple song actually sings "I don't think Trevor is good for you" and really is a very sweet love song. "Carol, you're my spade, I'm your bucket". The line in the song that I can't figure out though is when he says "I don't want to be a fucking christmas ham". I guess he's talking about leftovers in the fridge or something. Weird.

No probs on the late review either - you actually posted the very first mini review in the thread when you said the mix "slaps". Truly, I was happy with that.

Thanks for putting this all together Spenno. I've listened to a few of the mixes so far and have found lots to enjoy. Cheer!

Sat March 21, 2020 4:10 am

doone wrote:Higgs how come I keep having trouble unpacking your .rars? this is the 2nd time. :?

Try this one - let me know if it won't unpack as I'll do it with a different program:

Bits and Pirces - RM Mixer 2020 (Tagged)

Sat March 21, 2020 12:46 pm

Thanks for doing this Spenno.

Sat March 21, 2020 2:04 pm

Higgs wrote:
doone wrote:Higgs how come I keep having trouble unpacking your .rars? this is the 2nd time. :?

Try this one - let me know if it won't unpack as I'll do it with a different program:

Bits and Pirces - RM Mixer 2020 (Tagged)

edit- -i updated 7zip and now it worked. thanks V

Sat March 21, 2020 4:08 pm

:thumbsup:

Sat March 21, 2020 10:53 pm

i had fun. thanks spenno. and thanks to not that guy. higgs, i hope you liked the mix.

Sat March 21, 2020 11:10 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Thanks for running this spenno

LetMeSleep wrote:Yeah thanks mate. It was grand.

Higgs wrote:Thanks for putting this all together Spenno. I've listened to a few of the mixes so far and have found lots to enjoy. Cheer!

washing machine wrote:Thanks for doing this Spenno.

Chris_H_2 wrote:i had fun. thanks spenno.

No problem, it was really fun to do this again.

Tue March 24, 2020 6:15 pm

Throwing my thanks in, too, Spenno.

Also, I meant to say that I've listened to NotThatGuy's mix a few times, and while he might not be that guy, whoever he is, he's got good taste. Especially the instrumental disc. Damien Jurado, Chastity Belt, Camp Cope, Grails, Saagara, Led Bib, and C. Diab are all highlights that I can recall.

Sat February 27, 2021 7:22 pm

Maybe time we do this again?

Tue March 09, 2021 5:10 pm

Jorge wrote:Maybe time we do this again?

lol 0 interest

Tue March 09, 2021 9:59 pm

Not 0. You were interested.

Tue March 09, 2021 11:43 pm

yeah, jorge should make mixtapes for all of us.

Wed March 10, 2021 4:00 am

JuanHamm wrote:Not 0. You were interested.

1 interest

Wed March 10, 2021 5:05 am

2 interest.

Wed March 10, 2021 9:45 am

It’s be nice if it wasn’t just the same 12 or so people. By the way who was NotTheGuy?

Wed March 10, 2021 3:20 pm

i would enjoy to do this
Post a reply