The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Eagles
PostPosted: Sun July 07, 2013 8:21 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I stumbled my way into a free ticket to The Eagles next week, alot more optimistic about this now that it's frizzle.

PostPosted: Mon July 08, 2013 8:47 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

numbers wrote:
I stumbled my way into a free ticket to The Eagles next week, alot more optimistic about this now that it's frizzle.

Is Bernie Leadon going to be at the show you're attending? That could be pretty cool.

PostPosted: Tue July 09, 2013 12:05 am 
Mind Your Tanners

durdencommatyler wrote:
numbers wrote:

Is Bernie Leadon going to be at the show you're attending? That could be pretty cool.

no clue, it's July 19th.

PostPosted: Mon July 22, 2013 12:20 am 
Mind Your Tanners

numbers wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
numbers wrote:

no clue, it's July 19th.

To answer that question, he was there and did pretty much the entire set with them except for a few songs. The show was also fucking awesome, Joe Walsh is a god.

PostPosted: Tue July 23, 2013 4:16 pm 
Banned from the Pit

I saw the Eagles (with The Dixie Chicks opening) a few years ago and they were amazing. It's always been cool to hate on the Eagles but whatever.

PostPosted: Tue July 23, 2013 4:22 pm 
Rank This Poster

numbers wrote:
numbers wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
numbers wrote:

no clue, it's July 19th.

To answer that question, he was there and did pretty much the entire set with them except for a few songs. The show was also fucking awesome, Joe Walsh is a god.

yeah since watching the eagles documentary ive been falling in love w/ this guy

PostPosted: Tue July 23, 2013 8:34 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

He stole the show. The whole band was alot better than I expected, but Joe Walsh was unbelievable. Maybe the best guitar player I've ever seen live. It makes me laugh, after watching the Eagles documentary and the part about how Don Fender was the only band member that didnt agree to Henley and Frey making more money than the rest of them. Joe Walsh was ok with it, he has his own hit songs and after seeing them live, you see that he is absolutely essential to that band. So if Joe Walsh was ok with it, Fender should have shut the f up.

PostPosted: Wed July 24, 2013 12:28 am 
post-structuralist

numbers wrote:
He stole the show. The whole band was alot better than I expected, but Joe Walsh was unbelievable. Maybe the best guitar player I've ever seen live. It makes me laugh, after watching the Eagles documentary and the part about how Don Fender was the only band member that didnt agree to Henley and Frey making more money than the rest of them. Joe Walsh was ok with it, he has his own hit songs and after seeing them live, you see that he is absolutely essential to that band. So if Joe Walsh was ok with it, Fender should have shut the f up.

I agree about Joe Walsh being an absolutely stellar guitarist, but it's not Don Fender, it's Felder

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Wed July 24, 2013 12:30 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

When did Bernie start guesting with the Eagles on stage?

Also, after watching the live dvd that comes with the dvd of the documentry, I got to wondering. How do they manage to sing such great harmonies and do be so coked up at the same time?

PostPosted: Wed July 24, 2013 12:42 am 
Mind Your Tanners

malice wrote:
numbers wrote:

I agree about Joe Walsh being an absolutely stellar guitarist, but it's not Don Fender, it's Felder

whatevs.

PostPosted: Wed July 24, 2013 12:47 am 
post-structuralist

numbers wrote:
malice wrote:
numbers wrote:

whatevs.

massholes

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Fri July 26, 2013 8:13 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

ritchiem4812 wrote:
When did Bernie start guesting with the Eagles on stage?

Also, after watching the live dvd that comes with the dvd of the documentry, I got to wondering. How do they manage to sing such great harmonies and do be so coked up at the same time?

Bernie is finally back just for this tour. They wanted to get Randy back too, but he's having throat issues.

PostPosted: Fri July 26, 2013 8:13 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

numbers wrote:
numbers wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
numbers wrote:

no clue, it's July 19th.

:thumbsup:

Joe Walsh is one of my all time favorites. He's fantastic live. Easily my favorite part of the two Eagles shows I've attended.

PostPosted: Fri July 26, 2013 11:44 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

durdencommatyler wrote:
numbers wrote:
numbers wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
numbers wrote:

no clue, it's July 19th.

:thumbsup:

Joe Walsh is one of my all time favorites. He's fantastic live. Easily my favorite part of the two Eagles shows I've attended.

He IS the show at one of their concerts. I dont want to make it sound like the rest of the band wasnt great, but Walsh absolutely steals the show. By the halfway point of the concert anytime you knew a Walsh solo was coming up you could hear the crowd start buzzing.

PostPosted: Mon January 18, 2016 11:04 pm 
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35349025

Eagles guitarist Glenn Frey, 67, dies

PostPosted: Mon January 18, 2016 11:06 pm 
Posting (live)

I fucking hate The Eagles.

PostPosted: Mon January 18, 2016 11:20 pm 
Gone

The most boring guy in a boring band

PostPosted: Mon January 18, 2016 11:22 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

A perfectly harmless and sometimes enjoyable byproduct of the early 70s country-pop sound. Half their hits are fine (see: Tequila Sunrise), and half rate just below hot garbage (Hotel California).

The easy listening pop that these guys farted solo out is great tasting 80's syrup.

PostPosted: Tue January 19, 2016 6:01 am 
Rank This Poster

The dude made it trendy to hate the eagles, but I don't think they're a bad band at all

Don't know much outside the greatest hits but the gh has a handful of good tunes

Lyin eyes is prob my fav frey.. I think you belong to the city is underrated n kinda awesome

PostPosted: Tue January 19, 2016 1:34 pm 
tl;dr

I always thought "The Heat is On" was by Loggins and Messina and "You Belong to the City" was by Jefferson Starship.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands