The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: The Eagles
PostPosted: Sat March 25, 2023 12:08 am 
Future Drummer

wease wrote:
I want to hear Susan Tedeschi sing Wasted Time.

Oh my... :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat March 25, 2023 1:31 am 
Major Dude

One of my favorite things in the world is to hear her sing Don’t Think Twice, It’s Alright.

PostPosted: Mon March 27, 2023 4:08 pm 
Major Dude

Eagles Live-

As mentioned, released to fulfill a contract obligation as well as providing a way to release something with minimal work between band members, this is basically a greatest hits collection that represents each album save On the Border. Which is kind of surprising since Best of My Love was their first Number 1 hit. It also includes their cover of Seven Bridges Road, which for me is the highlight of the album. Devoted mainly to their vocal harmonies it highlights their strongest attribute. Also included are two Walsh solo tunes, Life’s Been Good and All Night Long. I admit to really being a fan of bands doing their members’ solo tunes (Fleetwood Mac doing Stand Back for example) and these prove to be highly faithful and entertaining.

Thus closes the first era of the Eagles. I’ll be starting Frey and Henley’s solo stuff up until the reunion so that’s next. I’m already familiar with Walsh’s output so no need for a revisit.

PostPosted: Mon March 27, 2023 4:27 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

wease wrote:

Thus closes the first era of the Eagles. I’ll be starting Frey and Henley’s solo stuff up until the reunion so that’s next. I’m already familiar with Walsh’s output so no need for a revisit.

What kind of completist are you!? Just kidding, though I am not familiar with most of this since I have never been much for the Eagles. Glad to see others revisiting and experiencing all these catalogues though!

PostPosted: Mon March 27, 2023 4:55 pm 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:
wease wrote:

What kind of completist are you!? Just kidding, though I am not familiar with most of this since I have never been much for the Eagles. Glad to see others revisiting and experiencing all these catalogues though!

Do you have Hell Freezes Over on the ever-expanding live show jaunt?

PostPosted: Mon March 27, 2023 4:58 pm 
Major Dude

liebzz wrote:
wease wrote:

It was one of those things like the Mac trip we took. I wasn’t aware of ANYTHING past their hits and I pretty much discovered why. 97% of the rest of it is garbage. I’ll probably just make my own mixes of both bands to have in case the urge hits to hear any of them again.

Out of the “Big 3” bands of the 70s that are kinda in the same vein, Steely Dan is still far and away my favorite. The Mac is second and Eagles a very distant third.

PostPosted: Mon March 27, 2023 4:59 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

This is good stuff Wease, thank you.

PostPosted: Mon March 27, 2023 5:27 pm 
Major Dude

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon March 27, 2023 9:33 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

oasisfan35 wrote:
liebzz wrote:
wease wrote:

I didn’t but I can add it. Just don’t be disappointed if I get mean.

PostPosted: Mon March 27, 2023 9:42 pm 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
liebzz wrote:
wease wrote:

Ha, I was just curious. Zero recommendation to listen to something that would irritate you.

PostPosted: Mon March 27, 2023 9:44 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

oasisfan35 wrote:
liebzz wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
liebzz wrote:
wease wrote:

Ha, I was just curious. Zero recommendation to listen to something that would irritate you.

I promise to keep an open mind. It’s probably been 25 years since I have even tried to listen to the Eagles. Maybe longer. Who knows. I actually wasn’t much of a Fleetwood Mac fan until I gave them another go recently.

PostPosted: Mon March 27, 2023 11:11 pm 
Major Dude

liebzz wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
liebzz wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
liebzz wrote:
wease wrote:

I promise to keep an open mind. It’s probably been 25 years since I have even tried to listen to the Eagles. Maybe longer. Who knows. I actually wasn’t much of a Fleetwood Mac fan until I gave them another go recently.

Same.

It’s not even a full live album. There are 4 studio tracks. I mean, I’m including it just for the part it played in the band’s story but that’s about it. The one I’m most excited about is that last one they released after Frey passed. It has his kid taking his place and Vince Gill singing some of his tunes and presumably Felder’s guitar parts.

PostPosted: Mon March 27, 2023 11:16 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

liebzz wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
liebzz wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
liebzz wrote:
wease wrote:

Somewhere out on that horizon
Out beyond the neon lights
I know there must be somethin' better
But there's nowhere else in sight

PostPosted: Mon March 27, 2023 11:54 pm 
Major Dude

doug rr wrote:
liebzz wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
liebzz wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
liebzz wrote:
wease wrote:

Somewhere out on that horizon
Out beyond the neon lights
I know there must be somethin' better
But there's nowhere else in sight

Oooo oooo ooo ooooooooo

PostPosted: Tue March 28, 2023 12:27 pm 
Future Drummer

wease wrote:
liebzz wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
liebzz wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
liebzz wrote:
wease wrote:

Same.

It’s not even a full live album. There are 4 studio tracks. I mean, I’m including it just for the part it played in the band’s story but that’s about it. The one I’m most excited about is that last one they released after Frey passed. It has his kid taking his place and Vince Gill singing some of his tunes and presumably Felder’s guitar parts.

I listened to it again yesterday and that's basically the extent I would take its place in music history for. I have listened to other live shows I enjoyed far more but man did they get the money machine back on track.

I don't seem to have Live from the Forum MMXVIII so I may have to grab that.

PostPosted: Wed April 05, 2023 10:08 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
Very interesting to note this is Joe’s favorite album while acknowledging that he hates western movies.

If it makes you feel better, most of the songs you hate on the previous records are my favorites.

PostPosted: Thu April 06, 2023 1:53 am 
Major Dude

epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
Very interesting to note this is Joe’s favorite album while acknowledging that he hates western movies.

If it makes you feel better, most of the songs you hate on the previous records are my favorites.

It does not.

PostPosted: Thu April 06, 2023 2:04 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:

It does not.

Welp

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands