Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Broadway Joey

Thu August 06, 2020 4:30 pm

We had planned to see David Byrne on Broadway next month, before COVID of course

Thu August 06, 2020 9:45 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:You should attend these and report back

https://www.vulture.com/2020/08/theater ... ening.html

Absolutely not. You can't even run around Green-Wood without people throwing a huge fit. No way am I going to do a fucking walking tour art project there.

Thu August 06, 2020 9:45 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:We had planned to see David Byrne on Broadway next month, before COVID of course

It's cool. I hope you get the chance to see it when it comes back.

Thu August 06, 2020 11:46 pm

the Spiderman musical was pure class

Mon August 10, 2020 3:21 pm

96583UP wrote:the Spiderman musical was pure class

This is a great memoir about the making of that musical if anyone is interested. I highly recommend it.

https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/ ... 1451684575

Sun November 29, 2020 3:31 pm

I had a dream last night that I was back home visiting friends and family. One of oldest friends, a guy I haven't spoken to or seen in real life in more than six years, was there. He told me he had a Beautiful: The Carole King Musical podcast.

The pod had more than 120 episodes. He gave me a flashdrive with all the episodes on it. And he showed me a documentary about the Broadway run of the musical in which there was footage of him sneaking himself and a friend into the show.

Mon November 30, 2020 11:26 pm

There goes ol' Broadway Joey, dreamin' again!

Fri January 22, 2021 2:27 pm

Mon January 31, 2022 4:07 am

Tony Kushner on Maron tomorrow

Mon January 31, 2022 1:27 pm

I just worked with him. I'm sure that's what they'll take about.

Mon January 31, 2022 3:07 pm

Lol! That’s great to hear, I’m glad you got to have that experience. Hopefully he was as kind and supportive as I’d want him to be.

Mon January 31, 2022 5:31 pm

Yeah, he's a good dude. At least in my very limited experience. We didn't spend any real time together, obviously. Just in passing, buying tickets, or here and there on breaks in the green room. But the entire cast/crew had nothing but great things to say about him.

Mon January 31, 2022 5:46 pm

How the fuck did this thread lay dormant for over a year?

Mon January 31, 2022 6:06 pm

Nobody wants to talk Broadway with me

Mon January 31, 2022 6:14 pm

What's the current status of Broadway? Fully back, full capacity? Is there fear of another shutdown or has that moment passed?

Mon January 31, 2022 6:19 pm

Jorge wrote:What's the current status of Broadway? Fully back, full capacity? Is there fear of another shutdown or has that moment passed?

It's limping. Shows returned at full capacity last August/September. Most of them had to cancel some performances, though, due to outbreaks among cast/crew once omicron started raging. Many shows have ended their runs early or have taken an "indefinite hiatus."

No one's afraid of another shut down. There's really just no way they see that happening.

Tue February 01, 2022 4:01 pm

i really like this thread

Tue February 01, 2022 5:11 pm

It is my crown jewel

Tue April 12, 2022 1:02 pm

You gonna watch McAvoy in Cyrano at BAM?

Tue April 12, 2022 2:19 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:You gonna watch McAvoy in Cyrano at BAM?

I'm hoping to but it'll be tricky.
Post a reply