The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Broadway Joey
PostPosted: Thu September 29, 2022 5:23 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
I went to go see Little Shop of Horrors last night. Off Broadway. As a kid growing up the movie had a profound impact on me. But this was the first time I'd ever seen the stage version

Little Shop is probably my favorite musical. It was so, so great.

This is the oldest Weaseling’s favorite as well. She’s seen it 2-3 times so far. Mrs Wease is wanting to see it when we’re up there in January.

I hope you get the chance. It's a great production. Not sure if the cast will be the same in Jan or not.

PostPosted: Thu September 29, 2022 5:24 pm 
Production Police

That’s great Joe. It was my favorite musical as a kid and is still way up near the top.

PostPosted: Wed October 19, 2022 10:54 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Saw Topdog/Underdog last night. Just fucking unreal. It's been one of my favorite plays since I first read it back in the day. But this was the first production I'd seen.

Corey Hawkins and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II are both just amazing. Both just completely transform.

This is what theater should be. :heartbeat:

I'm considering seeing several times, which I never do. But $35 for front row seats? Yes please. I think I could watch it every night.

PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2023 4:00 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I've been going back to the theatre a lot and my heart is full again. But so many plays!

Saw the new Sarah Ruhl play a couple weeks ago, Death of a Salesman last week and Ohio State Murders tonight. :heartbeat:

Next month I've already got two plays lined up.

PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2023 12:09 pm 
Major Dude

epilogue wrote:
I've been going back to the theatre a lot and my heart is full again. But so many plays!

Saw the new Sarah Ruhl play a couple weeks ago, Death of a Salesman last week and Ohio State Murders tonight. :heartbeat:

We were going to try and see Death of a Salesman when we are there in a couple of weeks, but it ends before our trip.

PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2023 12:34 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:

We were going to try and see Death of a Salesman when we are there in a couple of weeks, but it ends before our trip.

It was a flawed but powerful production. It's the first time I've fully understood the entire play. Bummer that you'll miss it. Sorry, bud.

I'd tell you to see Ohio State Murders just for Audra McDonald who (all past hyperbole aside) is probably the best actor alive right now. But it also closes on the 15th. :(

PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2023 4:56 pm 
Major Dude

epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:

It was a flawed but powerful production. It's the first time I've fully understood the entire play. Bummer that you'll miss it. Sorry, bud.

I'd tell you to see Ohio State Murders just for Audra McDonald who (all past hyperbole aside) is probably the best actor alive right now. But it also closes on the 15th. :(

Yeah. I looked at that one too.

What’s showing at your theatre right now?

PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2023 4:59 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:

We start a play called Pictures from Home on Jan 13th. It's a new play, based on a photo memoire, and has a killer cast. Not sure what the show will be like yet. Hopefully, we'll get a staff invited dress tomorrow so we can get a better grasp on what the play is.

PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2023 5:12 pm 
Major Dude

epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:

We start a play called Pictures from Home on Jan 13th. It's a new play, based on a photo memoire, and has a killer cast. Not sure what the show will be like yet. Hopefully, we'll get a staff invited dress tomorrow so we can get a better grasp on what the play is.

That looks interesting. Let me know how it is. We may make a go of it.

PostPosted: Sun January 15, 2023 5:15 pm 
Major Dude

wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:

How’s the play, Joe?

PostPosted: Sun January 15, 2023 8:11 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:

How’s the play, Joe?

I still haven't seen the whole thing. I was able to see about 20 twenty total minutes of various rehearsals but not the entire show (they cancelled our staff invited dress). But we're selling out and everyone coming out of the theater seems to LOVE it.

What I saw was great. Very moving. Very funny.

PostPosted: Sun January 15, 2023 9:02 pm 
Major Dude

epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:

How’s the play, Joe?

I still haven't seen the whole thing. I was able to see about 20 twenty total minutes of various rehearsals but not the entire show (they cancelled our staff invited dress). But we're selling out and everyone coming out of the theater seems to LOVE it.

Excellent. I think we’re gonna try and see the matinee in two weeks.

PostPosted: Sun January 15, 2023 10:37 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:

How’s the play, Joe?

:hooray:

Huzzah

PostPosted: Sat January 28, 2023 3:17 am 
Major Dude

epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:

How’s the play, Joe?

:hooray:

Huzzah

Goddamn, that was an incredible experience. Highly recommended.

PostPosted: Sat January 28, 2023 11:15 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

:heartbeat:

PostPosted: Thu March 09, 2023 8:29 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Sarah Ruhl's newest piece (Letters from Max, a ritual) is transcendent. It's Off-Broadway (but there isn't an Off-Broadway centric thread that I'm aware of). But Jesus what a fantastic piece of theater. I can't stop thinking about it.

PostPosted: Thu March 09, 2023 9:11 pm 
Major Dude

Mrs Wease and the oldest Weaseling saw Sweeney Todd and Parade this week. Weaseling said Parade is the best show she’s seen on Broadway yet. She met the Stranger Things kid that was in Sweeney Todd.

PostPosted: Thu March 09, 2023 9:22 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
Mrs Wease and the oldest Weaseling saw Sweeney Todd and Parade this week. Weaseling said Parade is the best show she’s seen on Broadway yet. She met the Stranger Things kid that was in Sweeney Todd.

:luv:

Parade was very low on my radar but now that I've read your post I'm reconsidering.

Sweeney Todd is such a great piece. I'm stoked about the revival and very excited to see it. It's my favorite Sonheim.

Are they still in town? They should go see Letters to Max if they are.

PostPosted: Thu March 09, 2023 9:46 pm 
Major Dude

epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:

Parade was very low on my radar but now that I've read your post I'm reconsidering.

Sweeney Todd is such a great piece. I'm stoked about the revival and very excited to see it. It's my favorite Sonheim.

Just got back into town an hour or so ago. Sweeney Todd was a Christmas gift. Parade was an on-the-fly decision. I think the historical context was what put it over the top for her as, like her dad, she really digs history stuff.

Mrs Wease said you need to see it.

PostPosted: Thu March 09, 2023 10:04 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:

Just got back into town an hour or so ago. Sweeney Todd was a Christmas gift. Parade was an on-the-fly decision. I think the historical context was what put it over the top for her as, like her dad, she really digs history stuff.

Mrs Wease said you need to see it.

Well then I'll definitely check it out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands