Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: QOTSA is better than Soundgarden

Wed September 20, 2017 12:30 am

Rangi Guy wrote:I'm really enjoying this album for what it's worth....

Same here.

Wed September 20, 2017 2:00 am

I'm telling a lot of friends that are not that much into QOTSA, and they're loving it.

Wed September 20, 2017 2:01 am

I listened again this morning after a few weeks off and it's a good album. Better than a couple but mid tier.

Wed September 20, 2017 7:59 pm

WELP.

Wed October 04, 2017 12:36 am

Wed October 11, 2017 3:46 am

I'm at the show right now and like every song is from the last two albums and now I agree with Dev

Wed October 11, 2017 3:59 am

This band has lost its balls

Wed October 11, 2017 4:22 am

Okay, unless it's Kanye, Steely Dan, or Springsteen, I think I'm retired from concerts.

Wed October 11, 2017 4:53 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Okay, unless it's Kanye, Steely Dan, or Springsteen, I think I'm retired from concerts.

I forgot the show was tonight until about 5 pm :(

Wed October 11, 2017 4:53 am

Red rocks is not a good venue for a rock band though. Especially if your complaint is "they lost their balls"

The sound sucks there when it comes to most rock bands.

Wed October 11, 2017 5:28 am

The acoustics did suck, but that wasn't why the set was ball-less - it's the songs themselves. Track after track of weak, safe, bland LC and Villains drudgery. There'd be some spark when they broke out an older song, but it felt like lip service. It didn't seem like their heart was in that music anymore. They've lost their punk/stoner edge. Those old songs had meat and swagger the new ones just don't. They used to be one of the best bands on the planet - now they're merely a decent rock band.

Wed October 11, 2017 5:42 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:This band has lost its balls

it happens to most of us at some point. that doesn't mean it isn't sad.

Sat October 14, 2017 2:47 pm

Villains is out a month orso, maybe 1.5 month even...

Anyhow, still don't think this is a great QOTSA record. Still just mere good..a typical B- record. Its a good record with some highlights but my opinion didnt really changed over this month. Still think its their weakest record. And I have this feeling that Im not the only one, most of my friends think its kinda meh..

And there's not much buzz anymore...

Or is that just me?

Sat October 14, 2017 2:55 pm

I never liked it..i havent picked it up since its release. There are a few ok songs there but its a bummer, boring and repetitive.

Fuck Ronson.

Sat October 14, 2017 5:32 pm

joostone wrote:Villains is out a month orso, maybe 1.5 month even...

Anyhow, still don't think this is a great QOTSA record. Still just mere good..a typical B- record. Its a good record with some highlights but my opinion didnt really changed over this month. Still think its their weakest record. And I have this feeling that Im not the only one, most of my friends think its kinda meh..

And there's not much buzz anymore...

Or is that just me?

Not just you! I haven't had a desire to listen to it. its not bad or anything but its kind of there. i hope they dont take another 4 years for the next

Sat October 14, 2017 5:44 pm

I hope there isn't a next. For the love of God, stop desecrating this corpse.

Sat October 14, 2017 5:56 pm

Still regularly playing and enjoying the hell out of this

Sat October 14, 2017 6:15 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:I hope there isn't a next. For the love of God, stop desecrating this corpse.

Shut up.

Sat October 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Homme should have gone solo after his health scare. He just isn't the Queens frontman he used to be, as much as he tries. Even his stage banter feels totally different now.

Sat October 14, 2017 6:24 pm

Thats fine that a band changes and matures. Just cause you hate it doesnt mean he should stop being the "queens frontman"

Besides....Like Clockwork was awesome. Eat it.
Post a reply