The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 148  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 51373
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
HardTI wrote:
Killer Mike has been talking and rapping about the 13th amendment for 6+ years. unlike Kanye, he is infinitely more eloquent.

"Cause slavery was abolished, unless you are in prison
You think I am bullshitting, then read the 13th Amendment
Involuntary servitude and slavery it prohibits
That's why they giving drug offenders time in double digits."

I believe this is the same paint Kanye is really trying to make, and this is not a Repiblican talking point.

Kanye sounds fine to me, sans the slavery comment. I like a lot of what I'm hearing from him socially and obviously musically.

I love this man.

But... if you get rid of the 13th, that would allow all kinds of slavery, right? What am I missing here? Shouldn't they be saying "let's amend it"?


Oh yeah, there you go. Sorry I didn't see that if you posted before. Now you're talking, ye

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 3:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22022
Instead of sitting on private jets tweeting incoherent nonsense how about he actually does something useful like help young aspiring musicians or funding music lessons in schools?
Probably sees them as a threat and doesn’t want to be usurped from his imaginary throne.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 3:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri February 22, 2013 5:59 pm
Posts: 1418
dime hes actually doing some stuff like that very hush hush here in chicago right now. hes keeping this quiet for some reason.

_________________
You have to shave your nipples if you want to be with me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22022
HardTI wrote:
dime hes actually doing some stuff like that very hush hush here in chicago right now. hes keeping this quiet for some reason.


Ah that’s cool. Bono does the same here for you musicians and donates 100k a year totally anonymously to homeless charities just cos he’d get no end of shit about ‘is That all you gave?’

Great to hear that thanks. It’s just social / corporate social Responsibility stuff as with pearl jam. You earn over a certain amount you have to do stuff. But hey let’s spin it to look like heroes.

But it is good to know he’s at least doing that much.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34249
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
dimejinky99 wrote:
If Kanye isn’t a walking talking example of the American school system failing black children I don’t know what is. Also a damning indictment of everyone around him. He needs serious help and nobody seems to be intervening to provide it.

He grew up middle class

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34249
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
HardTI wrote:
Killer Mike has been talking and rapping about the 13th amendment for 6+ years. unlike Kanye, he is infinitely more eloquent.

"Cause slavery was abolished, unless you are in prison
You think I am bullshitting, then read the 13th Amendment
Involuntary servitude and slavery it prohibits
That's why they giving drug offenders time in double digits."

I believe this is the same paint Kanye is really trying to make, and this is not a Repiblican talking point.

Kanye sounds fine to me, sans the slavery comment. I like a lot of what I'm hearing from him socially and obviously musically.

I love this man.

But... if you get rid of the 13th, that would allow all kinds of slavery, right? What am I missing here? Shouldn't they be saying "let's amend it"?

I don't think the thirteenth amendment is actually required to outlaw slavery. It's kinda redundant, but I guess it's better safe than sorry, considering that whole civil war thing.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 21644
dimejinky99 wrote:
If Kanye isn’t a walking talking example of the American school system failing black children I don’t know what is. Also a damning indictment of everyone around him. He needs serious help and nobody seems to be intervening to provide it.

This is an actually racist post that boils down to insulting someone's intelligence based on race.

_________________
Kanye West wrote:
They told me I was in a sunken place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22022
Dev wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
If Kanye isn’t a walking talking example of the American school system failing black children I don’t know what is. Also a damning indictment of everyone around him. He needs serious help and nobody seems to be intervening to provide it.

This is an actually racist post that boils down to insulting someone's intelligence based on race.



No it’s me pointing out he’s an idiot or In need of help. Hint. He needs lots of help.

You only love him cos hes not as good as you as doing anything he can for attention you uttter shitebag

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34249
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
dimejinky99 wrote:
Dev wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
If Kanye isn’t a walking talking example of the American school system failing black children I don’t know what is. Also a damning indictment of everyone around him. He needs serious help and nobody seems to be intervening to provide it.

This is an actually racist post that boils down to insulting someone's intelligence based on race.



No it’s me pointing out he’s an idiot or In need of help. Hint. He needs lots of help.

You only love him cos hes not as good as you as doing anything he can for attention you uttter shitebag


Considering around 90% of blacks vote democrat, maybe you are right about the school system failing them.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 35993
Location: Mountains
BurtReynolds wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Dev wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
If Kanye isn’t a walking talking example of the American school system failing black children I don’t know what is. Also a damning indictment of everyone around him. He needs serious help and nobody seems to be intervening to provide it.

This is an actually racist post that boils down to insulting someone's intelligence based on race.



No it’s me pointing out he’s an idiot or In need of help. Hint. He needs lots of help.

You only love him cos hes not as good as you as doing anything he can for attention you uttter shitebag


Considering around 90% of blacks vote democrat, maybe you are right about the school system failing them.

5/10. Lost points on predictability.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 21644
dimejinky99 wrote:
Dev wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
If Kanye isn’t a walking talking example of the American school system failing black children I don’t know what is. Also a damning indictment of everyone around him. He needs serious help and nobody seems to be intervening to provide it.

This is an actually racist post that boils down to insulting someone's intelligence based on race.



No it’s me pointing out he’s an idiot or In need of help. Hint. He needs lots of help.

You only love him cos hes not as good as you as doing anything he can for attention you uttter shitebag

Ur racist and I'm not a kanye fan. Pls apologize for your comment.

_________________
Kanye West wrote:
They told me I was in a sunken place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri February 22, 2013 5:59 pm
Posts: 1418
The album is possibly out there... Maybe we have a bit of a puzzle on our hands... or it's nothing.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kanye/comments ... on_yandhi/

_________________
You have to shave your nipples if you want to be with me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 7:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri February 22, 2013 5:59 pm
Posts: 1418
Kim posted on Instagram/Twitter that the album isn't out until November 23rd

_________________
You have to shave your nipples if you want to be with me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 7:10 pm 
Online
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14880
What a bunch of clowns.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri February 22, 2013 5:59 pm
Posts: 1418
Ya this is sorta upsetting. We got trolled.

_________________
You have to shave your nipples if you want to be with me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37400
HardTI wrote:
Kim posted on Instagram/Twitter that the album isn't out until November 23rd

What?! Fuck

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 7:20 pm 
Online
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14880
HardTI wrote:
Ya this is sorta upsetting. We got trolled.


Pretty much yeah. Im tired of this shit. Fuck them.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 21644
That's how rap works these days. One project I was waiting for was supposed to come out months ago. I'm still waiting. But yeah, it's annoying.

Lil Wayne's album was delayed for 6 years.

_________________
Kanye West wrote:
They told me I was in a sunken place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri February 22, 2013 5:59 pm
Posts: 1418
This is a bit extreme though. "Hey, album's out this weekend!" wait up all night saturday into sunday... "Nah, how about in 2 months".
gota practice my yandhi i guess.
grrrr

_________________
You have to shave your nipples if you want to be with me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Mon October 01, 2018 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23624
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Jay Electronica still hasn't dropped his debut


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 148  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Stickman and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon October 15, 2018 9:39 pm