The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 166  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 3:36 am 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
Does anyone really object to labeling both Trump and Kanye as egomaniacs and/or headline grabbers? Plenty separates the two of them. But they sure do seem to have that in common as far as I can tell.

But to the meat of what I think Strat was trying to say... There does seem to be a gap in common sense among people who continue to meet with and approach Trump and those who honestly care about the issues he so clearly opposes. That doesn't mean that Kanye doesn't care about multiculturalism. I believe he does. I would honestly be shocked if he didn't. His approaching Trump about it is either a ploy or it's an example of his naivety. Because as sure as I am that Kanye does care about it, I know that Trump doesn't give a shit about multiculturalism.

Good on Kanye for talking to him, but I'm not sure what he honestly thinks he'll achieve. Trump doesn't give a shit about Kanye, outside of how meeting with him can make him look or improve his standing. It's a shame because I believe Kanye probably does think he can make a difference. His own ego is telling him he can make a difference. He just underestimates the sack of shit he's dealing with.

I really appreciate you coming in here and having the capacity to write out a full reasonable and respectable response that I just couldnt muster up myself.

God I love joey.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 3:37 am 
The Master

Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Does anyone really object to labeling both Trump and Kanye as egomaniacs and/or headline grabbers? Plenty separates the two of them. But they sure do seem to have that in common as far as I can tell.

But to the meat of what I think Strat was trying to say... There does seem to be a gap in common sense among people who continue to meet with and approach Trump and those who honestly care about the issues he so clearly opposes. That doesn't mean that Kanye doesn't care about multiculturalism. I believe he does. I would honestly be shocked if he didn't. His approaching Trump about it is either a ploy or it's an example of his naivety. Because as sure as I am that Kanye does care about it, I know that Trump doesn't give a shit about multiculturalism.

Good on Kanye for talking to him, but I'm not sure what he honestly thinks he'll achieve. Trump doesn't give a shit about Kanye, outside of how meeting with him can make him look or improve his standing. It's a shame because I believe Kanye probably does think he can make a difference. His own ego is telling him he can make a difference. He just underestimates the sack of shit he's dealing with.

I really appreciate you coming in here and having the capacity to write out a full reasonable and respectable response that I just couldnt muster up myself.

God I love joey.

Also, if Kanye really wants to speak of for multiculturalism i honestly feel like he could have prior to the election and cast his vote for someone...anyone.....other than Trump.

Post election and after he said he would have voted for trump - this screams headline grabbing. Which is what he's best at

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 3:40 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

My only hope is that Kanye, if he's genuinely serious about making a difference, doesn't roll over and quit once he realizes Trump didn't listen and doesn't give a shit. Continue to find new ways to reach out and fight, Kanye. Because we're going to need you and everyone else in this battle. Kanye could be a major part of this fight and I for one would love to have him and his influence on my side.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 3:40 am 
The Master

Ye will never quit, especially since he's going to be president.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 3:43 am 
The Master

Really it makes the most sense come 2020. Kanye and Kardash.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 3:43 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I haven't followed any of this. I'm coming in sort of blind and ignorant to this particular topic. If Kanye did vote for Trump or said he would have voted for Trump then he's a fool and part of the problem and doesn't deserve any attention now in this matter.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 3:44 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I can't think of many people who would be worse presidents than Donald Trump. Kanye West, while an absurd choice, is so far more qualified than Trump that it isn't even funny. I think we'd all happily take Ye in The Donald's place right now.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 3:44 am 
The Master

Strat wrote:
Really it makes the most sense come 2020. Kanye and Kardash.

Correction: 2024

:shake:

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 3:45 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

durdencommatyler wrote:
I can't think of many people who would be worse presidents than Donald Trump. Kanye West, while an absurd choice, is so far more qualified than Trump that it isn't even funny. I think we'd all happily take Ye in The Donald's place right now.

put the bourbon bottle down, joey

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 3:47 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Unless he establishes a full on dictatorship, I think there's a 2% chance that Trump gets elected to a second term. Even back before election day I predicted that whomever was elected (Clinton or Trump) would be a one term president. I still think that's true. Unless, again, Trump figures out how to install himself for life. Which is honestly a real possibility. YAY AMERICA!

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 3:48 am 
The Master

Nothing would make me prouder of my country than First Lady Kim Kardashian.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 3:48 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

put the bourbon bottle down, joey

I'm totally sober. And I swear to you. If the electoral college got on the horn right now and said, "Fine, we'll make sure Donald isn't president but your only other option is Kanye West," I'd 100% take that deal. Without a second thought, without any regret.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 3:49 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Nothing would make me prouder of my country than First Lady Kim Kardashian.

:throwup:

But, yeah, better than a Trump presidency.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 3:50 am 
Gone

Lol

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 3:52 am 
Gone

I'm speechless at the I'd take Kanye as president thing.

The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
I haven't followed any of this. I'm coming in sort of blind and ignorant to this particular topic. If Kanye did vote for Trump or said he would have voted for Trump then he's a fool and part of the problem and doesn't deserve any attention now in this matter.

Yes he said such a thing

The Master

He will always be president to me

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 3:53 am 
Gone

Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Yes he said such a thing

Does that statement Kanye made about voting for Trump make him more or less presidential in Joey's mind. I'm confused.

Last edited by verb_to_trust on Wed December 14, 2016 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 3:55 am 
Production Police

Assuming Kanye does care about multiculturalism (or something else that Trump might threaten), I submit that the most effective thing he could do, given his position in life, would be to release an album of topical (socio-political, not about fame) rap; tour his ass off; and then donate million$ to various charities.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 3:56 am 
Gone

tragabigzanda wrote:
Assuming Kanye does care about multiculturalism (or something else that Trump might threaten), I submit that the most effective thing he could do, given his position in life, would be to release an album of topical (socio-political, not about fame) rap; tour his ass off; and then donate million$ to various charities.

No. Bleached assholes

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 166  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands