The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 166  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 4:26 am 
The Master

Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Assuming Kanye does care about multiculturalism (or something else that Trump might threaten), I submit that the most effective thing he could do, given his position in life, would be to release an album of topical (socio-political, not about fame) rap; tour his ass off; and then donate million$ to various charities.

This would require him to actually keep it together, his ego in check, and actually care....

Nice volley, strat.

Your move, trag.

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Overtly sociopolitical rap is so 2007

I think these are related. That we are having an earnest conversation about which of these two Twitter-driven fame-addicts would make a better president is one of many cultural signs for a renewal in earnestness in not just art, but thought, action, all facets of life...

It's too big a discussion for me to tackle right now.

But to the matter at hand: Kanye is trying to angle his celebrity into something political. He's not the first to do it. DiCaprio, Clooney, Heston, many others have done it. As it relates to the man's art, the arena for which he is most widely known and arguably the most talented is, is his music. I see a reasonably easy path for his channeling his anger into a more radio-friendly version of Yeezus, that sounds awesome, blows people's minds, and goes down like the next Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. He could give the profits to charities or PACs or something.

Should he continue to play the fame game, in both his art and politics, this would be both very egotistical and very boring to me.

I feel like the world is in a real bad place right now, and people should be getting earnest about how they are contributing. Kanye West is at the top of the game. I hope he uses his position with good sense and great care for the planet, whatever that looks like.

Do you really feel he is at the top of his game? or is he just top of his publicity stunting?

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 4:26 am 
The Master

Kevin Davis wrote:
Ah, I see.

also KD, my point was i dont think this is a nuanced situation. Neither of these 2 have given me any reason to think otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 4:27 am 
tl;dr

So perhaps it isn't a crusade to get LV to stop liking Kanye, but rather a crusade to find the one thing Kanye can do that LV can't defend.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 4:28 am 
The Master

Kevin Davis wrote:
So perhaps it isn't a crusade to get LV to stop liking Kanye, but rather a crusade to find the one thing Kanye can do that LV can't defend.

Lol. Yea maybe this is it. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 4:29 am 
The Master

Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:

Lol. Yea maybe this is it. :thumbsup:

or at the very least i want him to admit "yea that is bullshit but goddamn i love him and i can't help it"

I came to that term with Pearl jam, he can do it with Kanye

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 4:29 am 
The Master

Everything he does just makes sense to me. He is like a better version of my inner self that I don't yet understand.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 4:31 am 
The Master

Except the Bill Cosby tweet.

tl;dr

Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Ah, I see.

also KD, my point was i dont think this is a nuanced situation. Neither of these 2 have given me any reason to think otherwise.

Fair, but you presumably don't really know either of these people very well either. Everybody seems "under-nuanced" when all you know about them is the craziest shit they do that gets onto TV. And again, my reply was more to what read pretty clearly as a generalization in your language.

Lest my comments be misconstrued, I think Donald Trump sucks.

Last edited by Kevin Davis on Wed December 14, 2016 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Kevin Davis wrote:

I really don't give a good tin shit about LVs relationship with Kanye. He seems to make LV happy. That makes me happy. That's as far as my stake goes. LV can defend or support him however he wants. Went should that affect me?

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 4:32 am 
The Master

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Everything he does just makes sense to me. He is like a better version of my inner self that I don't yet understand.

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
This song is going to help me get through this horrible day in American history..

Your inner self is a trump supporter?

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 4:33 am 
The Master

Strat wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
This song is going to help me get through this horrible day in American history..

No, but my inner self has the ability to perceive more nuance than I do, and be less affected by the opinions and judgments of others.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 4:33 am 
The Master

also BANNED

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 4:34 am 
Gone

Strat wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Its just part of the art, man.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 4:34 am 
The Master

Kevin Davis wrote:
Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Ah, I see.

Fair, but you presumably don't really know either of these people very well either. Everybody seems "under-nuanced" when all you know about them is the craziest shit they do that gets onto TV. And again, my reply was more to what read pretty clearly as a generalization in your language.

My friend who produced the recent local natives album who has a new studio/involved with the justin vernon crew in Eau Claire said he worked with Kanye in the studio and he told me that kanye said he is "pimping the american public"

I understand Kanye is an entertainer. he takes it to the max. I just dont respect it. He has the ability to influence positively and he's not doing it. Cause ego.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 4:35 am 
The Master

Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Ah, I see.

My friend who produced the recent local natives album who has a new studio/involved with the justin vernon crew in Eau Claire said he worked with Kanye in the studio and he told me that kanye said he is "pimping the american public"

I understand Kanye is an entertainer. he takes it to the max. I just dont respect it. He has the ability to influence positively and he's not doing it. Cause ego.

Oh well if your friend said so

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 4:36 am 
Gone

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Ah, I see.

What has Kanye told you?

The Master

Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Ah, I see.

And Davis....do you really believe Donald Trump is a better man that what he leads onto via the TV?

The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Ah, I see.

What has Kanye told you?

about the mole people in the earth's core who run everything

The Master

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Ah, I see.

He also said they all thought Kanye actually had a boyfriend. Good luck LV!

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2016 4:37 am 
The Master

Strat wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Ah, I see.

He also said they all thought Kanye actually had a boyfriend. Good luck LV!

DONT GIVE ME HOPE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 166  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands