The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 166  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:43 am 
AnalLog

Team Orpheus.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

meatwad wrote:
Team Orpheus.

Teams are not for free thinkers.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:10 am 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Dev wrote:
u just don't get it.

Keep it copacetic

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:37 am 
AnalLog

I wonder if this is how pro trump folks sound when they try to explain the actions of Trump.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:11 pm 
See you in another life, brother

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
He's suggesting that in order to keep a group of people oppressed for so long, the ruling class is going to need to enslave minds to some degree. Which makes sense. It's kind of like American capitalism now. The corruption of the ruling class is so blatant at this point. We all know it. We all see it. And, if we wanted to, we could easily overthrow that ruling class (it's literally 99% versus 1%). But we don't. Because they get in our minds. They make us fixate on petty things and squabble with each other instead of focusing on them. Obviously, I am not making an equal comparison between the American lower classes and literal slaves - just using that clarify his point.

So you're saying Kanye is channeling his inner college freshmen Bernie Sanders/Donald Trump fanboy here.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:21 pm 
The Master

I’m not even saying Kanye is saying that. Just using it as an example.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:24 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

:haha:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:32 pm 
The Master

Jesus that is seriously racist

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:46 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

And that's exactly the problem with this. Kanye's whole point is that blacks are still slaves because they still aren't allowed to have certain opinions or identify in certain ways(with trump for example). Leftists suggest we should listen to marginalized voices but apparently that only applies if they have the right opinion. Kanye literally said he wore the hat to show that people like him could wear it. When he said that I felt it in my heart. I have had the same intuitions as Kanye for a long time because I am truly a freak and truly a free thinker. I know my people are still completely marginalized... Most of y'all about about as revolutionary as a soccer mom.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:50 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

dimejinky99 wrote:

Dimes position is that blacks must think a certain way. Seems very racist but you can't even blame him. Being born dumb ain't a choice. That's why me and Kanye have nothing but love for the haters.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:57 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I should be Kanye's translator.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:04 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

glad to hear that Kanye is on his way to solving the "ruling class problem" that has persisted through history since the 9th century and the rise of feudalism

go Kanye go Kanye go! go Kanye go Kanye go!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:05 pm 
AnalLog

Dev wrote:
And that's exactly the problem with this. Kanye's whole point is that blacks are still slaves because they still aren't allowed to have certain opinions or identify in certain ways(with trump for example). Leftists suggest we should listen to marginalized voices but apparently that only applies if they have the right opinion. Kanye literally said he wore the hat to show that people like him could wear it. When he said that I felt it in my heart. I have had the same intuitions as Kanye for a long time because I am truly a freak and truly a free thinker. I know my people are still completely marginalized... Most of y'all about about as revolutionary as a soccer mom.

I got that. I just thought his point was poorly expressed/executed and almost as condescending as your post attempting to explain his point.

Last edited by jwfocker on Fri May 04, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:06 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/kanye-west-and-why-the-myth-of-genius-must-die/

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:09 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

bodysnatcher wrote:
glad to hear that Kanye is on his way to solving the "ruling class problem" that has persisted through history since the 9th century and the rise of feudalism

Woah dude. You just ruined me with your buzzwords. It turns out you really do get it. To be clear, I take it you are pro feudalism?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:10 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

jwfocker wrote:
Dev wrote:

I got that. I just thought his point was poorly expressed/executed and almost as condescending as your post attempting to explain his point.

So you agree though?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:12 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Dev wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

Woah dude. You just ruined me with your buzzwords. It turns out you really do get it. To be clear, I take it you are pro feudalism?

i'm whatever Kanye is

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:13 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

bodysnatcher wrote:
Dev wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

i'm whatever Kanye is

na cuz kanye is a free thinker and you just copped to being a follower.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:15 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Dev wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Dimes position is that blacks must think a certain way. Seems very racist but you can't even blame him. Being born dumb ain't a choice. That's why me and Kanye have nothing but love for the haters.

My position? I don’t have a position. I think I actually see his point and what he was trying to say. You’re consistent in your insecurity at least but don’t claim to speak for me or know my position on anything. Stick to Kanye.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:17 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

dimejinky99 wrote:
Dev wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

My position? I don’t have a position. I think I actually see his point and what he was trying to say. You’re consistent in your insecurity at least but don’t claim to speak for me or know my position on anything. Stick to Kanye.

you think you are fringe but you are as status quo as they get.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 166  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands