Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Marilyn Manson

Thu February 04, 2021 4:25 pm

B wrote:I read his book back in the day. In hindsight, this was all pretty inevitable.

same.

pretty sure watching his grandpa jerk off in front of a train set in his basement had a lasting impact.

Thu February 04, 2021 5:13 pm

Tons of shit in that book had to have been made up though.

Thu February 04, 2021 5:14 pm

It is true that he had his rib removed so he can suck his own dick.

Thu February 04, 2021 5:29 pm

I have the book, bought it in singapore really cheap and its such a fun read. Most of it its made up, but has a lot of cool moments like Manson talking to Axl and giving him the idea of doing a Charles Manson cover and going out with Fiona Apple.

Thu February 04, 2021 5:46 pm

Fiona dated Manson and Louis CK? Lol

Thu February 04, 2021 5:47 pm

I dont think they were romantically involved but they did went out a few times, at least thats on the book.

Thu February 04, 2021 5:48 pm

She would have been the right age for him. It kid of reminds me of how Tori Amos and Trent Reznor were a thing.

Thu February 04, 2021 5:55 pm

Also Manson says something about being super in love with Apple but knowing that she seemed super fragile and off limits. Ill look for that quote later.

Thu February 04, 2021 10:24 pm

Yeah this is the least surprising news in a long time.

Dude used to talk about abusing her and wanting to beat her face in and shit in the late 2000's, gee who couldn't see this coming?

Shameless plug for the article where I predicted this 4 years ago:

https://vsmusick.wordpress.com/2017/10/ ... ns-career/

Thu February 04, 2021 10:54 pm

This robot seems like he should be in mansons band.

If he was Manson could just blame the droid

Fri February 05, 2021 4:35 am

Mechanical Animals was a good album though. For real.

Fri February 05, 2021 2:15 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:Mechanical Animals was a good album though. For real.

I found my cd on my mom´s house and blasted it loud like a month ago. Yeah, its good.

Fri February 05, 2021 10:53 pm

Yeah as trash as pretty much everything in the 2000's he ever put out is, I do still like his stuff up through Holy Wood. After that though, there's maybe a good album split between however many bad albums.

Sat February 06, 2021 12:00 am

Jammer XCI wrote:Yeah as trash as pretty much everything in the 2000's he ever put out is, I do still like his stuff up through Holy Wood. After that though, there's maybe a good album split between however many bad albums.

Completely agree with this. Everything after Holy Wood is rough to bad. I like a couple tracks on Pale Emperor, but that's about it. Some of those albums never made it beyond a first listen for me.

Sat February 06, 2021 12:38 am

I liked The Mephistopheles of Los Angeles.

Sat February 06, 2021 1:11 am

YOUUUUU SAAYY GAAWWWD IIII SAY SSAAAYYTTEEEENNN!!!!

Sat February 06, 2021 2:04 am

I liked The Golden Age of Grotesque. Am I a baddie?

Sat February 06, 2021 2:14 am

LOVED Portrait Of An American Family back in the day. Second one was ok. I fell off during Mechanical Animals.

Sat February 06, 2021 2:24 am

The first two were lame to me. Just weirdos trying too hard. Antichrist and Holy Wood dealt too much with religion to resonate. The alienation and excess of fame stuff on Mechanical Animals was more palatable and the music had that glam rock and electronic undertone to it with Zim Zum crushing it on guitar.

Sat February 06, 2021 2:27 am

Can we get back to the part about peeing on buttholes? I am intrigued.
Post a reply