The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 25314
Remember when this guy was consider a threat? And that he was blamed for the Columbine tragedy?

Weird.

by the way, I love Mechanical Animals.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 2091
I saw him a week or so before his Saskatoon incident and his voice was pretty much shot by the time the gig was over, you could tell there was something brewing. I really wish his set, which has been pretty stagnant since his tour with Rob Zombie, got an overhaul. The short set and constant set/dress changes is actually quite a detractor.

_________________
absinthe makes the heart grow fonder...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 25314
oasisfan35 wrote:
I saw him a week or so before his Saskatoon incident and his voice was pretty much shot by the time the gig was over, you could tell there was something brewing. I really wish his set, which has been pretty stagnant since his tour with Rob Zombie, got an overhaul. The short set and constant set/dress changes is actually quite a detractor.



Saskatoon incident? So tonight is SG for you? i hate you.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 2091
VinylGuy wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
I saw him a week or so before his Saskatoon incident and his voice was pretty much shot by the time the gig was over, you could tell there was something brewing. I really wish his set, which has been pretty stagnant since his tour with Rob Zombie, got an overhaul. The short set and constant set/dress changes is actually quite a detractor.



Saskatoon incident? So tonight is SG for you? i hate you.


During The Beautiful People, I believe, he vomited at the side of the stage then collapsed. Apparently the band kept playing as they weren't sure how 'real' the incident was, then the EMTs rushed to him and carried him away... then the band stopped. He actually had the flu and due to fatigue, etc just went over the edge. He later commented that he didn't want to cancel the show on short notice.

And yes, SG in T-minus two hours. Got a fresh local growler of 668: Neighbor of the Beast for one of the best tailgate lots I have been at and gorgeous weather; I hate me too.

_________________
absinthe makes the heart grow fonder...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 25314
oasisfan35 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
I saw him a week or so before his Saskatoon incident and his voice was pretty much shot by the time the gig was over, you could tell there was something brewing. I really wish his set, which has been pretty stagnant since his tour with Rob Zombie, got an overhaul. The short set and constant set/dress changes is actually quite a detractor.



Saskatoon incident? So tonight is SG for you? i hate you.


During The Beautiful People, I believe, he vomited at the side of the stage then collapsed. Apparently the band kept playing as they weren't sure how 'real' the incident was, then the EMTs rushed to him and carried him away... then the band stopped. He actually had the flu and due to fatigue, etc just went over the edge. He later commented that he didn't want to cancel the show on short notice.

And yes, SG in T-minus two hours. Got a fresh local growler of 668: Neighbor of the Beast for one of the best tailgate lots I have been at and gorgeous weather; I hate me too.


Have a wonderful show my friend, and please share your thoughts after.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 24849
so hot


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sun April 07, 2013 2:38 am
Posts: 743
Location: Gulfport, MS
I remember he played here on the coast. Lots of baptists picketed outside the coliseum. lol.

Me? I could care less. The music never did a thing for me. I met John 5 however when he was supporting someone else at one of the local casinos. Hellava guitar player.

_________________
Less judgement, more curiosity.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 25314
i was going to see him with Metallica in 1999 with Mechanical Animals and Columbine happened...he canceled the whole tour....i was about to see him some years after and something else happened too...and last year he came but i was just meh about the whole thing.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Mon February 01, 2021 11:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:47 pm
Posts: 2755
Surprise?

_________________
It's not our house that we remember,
it’s a feeling outside it when everyone's gone but we leave all the lights on anyway.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Tue February 02, 2021 1:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 23513
Location: Different mountains than Strat and Trag
I honestly didn’t realize this was news / thought it was known and swept under the rug. Seems like I knew about her experience with him for almost a decade at this point?


Last edited by bodysnatcher on Tue February 02, 2021 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Tue February 02, 2021 1:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 21864
Fuck this idiot

send him to camp xray

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Tue February 02, 2021 4:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
Nice Beard
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27699
Location: Illinois
I'd go to a Manson/Ryan Adams double bill

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Tue February 02, 2021 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 25314
yeah, there wasnt any surprise with what she said yesterday, it was very well documented even before they were a couple.

I guess a lot of his darkness was a part of what attracted her in the first place?

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Tue February 02, 2021 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 25314
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/marilyn-manson-abuse-response-1122209/

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Tue February 02, 2021 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 2635
Did he ever have any fans who weren't fat goth chicks?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Tue February 02, 2021 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 25314
yes

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Tue February 02, 2021 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Nice Beard
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27699
Location: Illinois
There are a lot of attractive women who are into this dude. Or at least were. He's really ugly and the mr dangerous act is just sort of corny now that he's 50. This was never going to end well.

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Tue February 02, 2021 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 42158
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
bUt He sOuNdEd So sMaRt In ThE cOlUmBiNe MoViE


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Tue February 02, 2021 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 41237
Location: Buenos Aires
verb_to_trust wrote:
There are a lot of attractive women who are into this dude. Or at least were. He's really ugly and the mr dangerous act is just sort of corny now that he's 50. This was never going to end well.

Plus his music fucking sucks

_________________
Anders wrote:
Human interaction is important. To love, to laugh, to feel joy, for some even friendship. These are important to life, and a vital part of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Manson
PostPosted: Tue February 02, 2021 6:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Nice Beard
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27699
Location: Illinois
Jorge wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
There are a lot of attractive women who are into this dude. Or at least were. He's really ugly and the mr dangerous act is just sort of corny now that he's 50. This was never going to end well.

Plus his music fucking sucks


I don't mind some of it

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ED-209 and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri April 23, 2021 6:30 am