The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Sun December 01, 2019 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 1042
https://aurisapothecary.bandcamp.com/al ... no-mixtape


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Mon December 02, 2019 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:47 pm
Posts: 2155

_________________
David Yow wrote:
How are Pearl Jam any different from Toto?


Have you considered stacking papers and getting paid?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Tue December 03, 2019 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38308
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
CoS: Top 50 Albums of 2019
https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/12/ ... s-of-2019/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Tue December 03, 2019 7:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 22900
Location: Different mountains than Strat and Trag
Brett wrote:
After selling out their career-spanning compilation Capsule Losing Contact earlier this year, Duster have announced that they're releasing a new album on December 13, titled Duster. Opener and lead single, "Copernicus Crater" is up on streaming services, including the Youtube video below:



i read about this a couple of months ago and completely forgot it was coming out soon. stoked for it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Thu December 05, 2019 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 12345
Location: Washington State


lol

I'm glad I deleted last.fm, it sucked for tracking anyway and bogged my computer down.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Thu December 05, 2019 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:02 pm
Posts: 694
bune wrote:


lol

I'm glad I deleted last.fm, it sucked for tracking anyway and bogged my computer down.

Is this something similar to what Spotify sends users each year?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Thu December 05, 2019 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 22618
Pretty much all my followers on Instagram were so happy to report what they listened on Spotify this year.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Thu December 05, 2019 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 12345
Location: Washington State
contamination wrote:
bune wrote:


lol

I'm glad I deleted last.fm, it sucked for tracking anyway and bogged my computer down.

Is this something similar to what Spotify sends users each year?

it is directly related to what Spotify sent users this morning/yesterday afternoon.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Mon December 09, 2019 6:08 am 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 7200
Angel Olsen's new album All Mirrors is really knocking me out -- for my money, the first album she's made where she's really in command of her strengths from beginning to end. Very Beach House-y in production, but with vocals more operatic than dreamy. Feels like a sweeping, tragic coda to what has been a really weird decade.

The second half of this song (starting at about 2:45) is an emotional a-bomb, almost too agonizing to listen to if it wasn't so breathtaking:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Thu December 12, 2019 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu February 02, 2017 10:39 am
Posts: 3430
Location: Most likely at the office...
WH Lung are from Manchester and essentially do synth rock. I'm listening to their debut album from this year "Incidental Music" and gotta say I'm most impressed. "The album's blend of electronica, guitars, space, tension, motorik grooves and Joseph's urgent, twitchy delivery has won comparisons to LCD Soundsystem, Hookworms and Neu! (to which we'd also add The Beta Band and, on slower...tracks, early OMD)".

Anyways, I'm enjoying it. Here's the fantastic opener Simpatico People:

_________________
Free boops today.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Thu December 12, 2019 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38308
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
That is awesome, Higgs! I agree with the the Can and LCD influences, and you got me to download the album based on those two name checks alone. Thanks.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Thu December 12, 2019 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu February 02, 2017 10:39 am
Posts: 3430
Location: Most likely at the office...
:hooray:

_________________
Free boops today.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 1:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 13001
Location: An office full of assholes
Kevin Davis wrote:
Angel Olsen's new album All Mirrors is really knocking me out -- for my money, the first album she's made where she's really in command of her strengths from beginning to end. Very Beach House-y in production, but with vocals more operatic than dreamy. Feels like a sweeping, tragic coda to what has been a really weird decade.

The second half of this song (starting at about 2:45) is an emotional a-bomb, almost too agonizing to listen to if it wasn't so breathtaking:

this album is fantastic. summer is one of the best songs of the year for me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 1:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 84143
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Goddamnit. Welp, I guess I'm listening to the new Angel Olsen.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 4:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38308
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Higgs, re: the WH Lung album — I’m absolutely loving this thing. I’d also say there are some elements of The Cure, particularly in the no-wave guitars and falsetto vocals. Really fucking fun, this one.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 13001
Location: An office full of assholes
Higgs wrote:
WH Lung are from Manchester and essentially do synth rock. I'm listening to their debut album from this year "Incidental Music" and gotta say I'm most impressed. "The album's blend of electronica, guitars, space, tension, motorik grooves and Joseph's urgent, twitchy delivery has won comparisons to LCD Soundsystem, Hookworms and Neu! (to which we'd also add The Beta Band and, on slower...tracks, early OMD)".

Anyways, I'm enjoying it. Here's the fantastic opener Simpatico People:

the guitar in the first song sounds EXACTLY like DIIV.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 6:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 84143
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Angel Olsen's new album All Mirrors is really knocking me out -- for my money, the first album she's made where she's really in command of her strengths from beginning to end. Very Beach House-y in production, but with vocals more operatic than dreamy. Feels like a sweeping, tragic coda to what has been a really weird decade.

The second half of this song (starting at about 2:45) is an emotional a-bomb, almost too agonizing to listen to if it wasn't so breathtaking:

this album is fantastic. summer is one of the best songs of the year for me.

Yeah, this thing is great.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Sat December 14, 2019 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 84143
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
2019 albums I've heard (so far) ranked (UPDATED)!

When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? - Billie Eilish
Norman Fucking Rockwell - Lana Del Rey
The Center Won't Hold - Sleater-Kinney
Cuz I Love You - Lizzo
Sound & Fury - Sturgill Simpson
All Mirrors - Angel Olsen
Beneath the Eyrie - Pixies
This Land - Gary Clark Jr
Horseless - Secret Pint
Blood - Kelsey Lu
Remind Me Tomorrow - Sharon Van Etten
Western Stars - Bruce Springsteen
Pink Chateau - In The Valley Below
Stars Are The Light - Moon Duo
Lover - Taylor Swift
Chameleon- Linda Morgenstern
Chastity Belt - Chastity Belt
What You See Is What You Get - Luke Combs
On The Line - Jenny Lewis
Let's Rock - The Black Keys
Thank U, Next - Ariana Grande
Help Us Stranger - The Racontuers
This Wild Willing - Glen Hansard
Ghosteen - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Sat December 14, 2019 11:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 22615
Location: Scooby Doo
There's 4-5 albums there that I'm yet to hear that I'm interested in. It's sad that Nick Cave is down the bottom. That album is beautiful, it's just not an easy everyday listen.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Albums of 2019
PostPosted: Sat December 14, 2019 11:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 24885
Location: Illinois
LetMeSleep wrote:
There's 4-5 albums there that I'm yet to hear that I'm interested in. It's sad that Nick Cave is down the bottom. That album is beautiful, it's just not an easy everyday listen.


Keep in mind that Nick cave is a man


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], liebzz and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun September 27, 2020 3:02 am