The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: BECK
PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 8:48 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 678
gardenparty wrote:
Odelay
Mutations
Sea Change
Midnite Vultures
Guero
Mellow Gold
Morning Phase
Modern Guilt
Colors
The Information
One Foot in the Grave


I happen to think every album on that list but the bottom two are fantastic. Says a lot about his output. Great artist.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: BECK
PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 21143
liebzz wrote:
gardenparty wrote:
Odelay
Mutations
Sea Change
Midnite Vultures
Guero
Mellow Gold
Morning Phase
Modern Guilt
Colors
The Information
One Foot in the Grave


I happen to think every album on that list but the bottom two are fantastic. Says a lot about his output. Great artist.

Where's Stereopathetic Soulmanure?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: BECK
PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 10:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 12614
Location: Mining for Tanners
daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:
I like Beck, but after seeing him at Red Rocks last summer, I didn’t think I’d ever see him again. Just bought 4 tickets, though. My kids LOVE Colors. I can’t say I blame them. It’s such a fun listen. The title track and Up All Night are two of his best songs since Guero.

Are you going to the show at the Armory?


Yes. Not ideal since my kids are short, but whatever.

Oh nice, bringing the kids :thumbsup: I might be at the show too. I’ve got several friends that are going, I’m trying to get my schedule figured out to be there too. Haven’t been to Armory yet but I’ve heard good things.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: BECK
PostPosted: Sat June 23, 2018 1:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:23 am
Posts: 2489
Location: The In Between
PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:
I like Beck, but after seeing him at Red Rocks last summer, I didn’t think I’d ever see him again. Just bought 4 tickets, though. My kids LOVE Colors. I can’t say I blame them. It’s such a fun listen. The title track and Up All Night are two of his best songs since Guero.

Are you going to the show at the Armory?


Yes. Not ideal since my kids are short, but whatever.

Oh nice, bringing the kids :thumbsup: I might be at the show too. I’ve got several friends that are going, I’m trying to get my schedule figured out to be there too. Haven’t been to Armory yet but I’ve heard good things.


It’s nice. I took my wife to see Pink during the Super Bowl weekend.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: BECK
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11362
I’ll be seeing this dude on Monday and I’m super excited about it. I’ve seen him open for U2, but never in a headliner spot. Set lists have looked great


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: BECK
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 2084
Love his folk/rock music, hate his "party" music. Odelay was a huge disappointment when it came out. I didn't know a single fan who liked it at the time, despite it's current reputation as a "classic".


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: BECK
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 11:05 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 678
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Love his folk/rock music, hate his "party" music. Odelay was a huge disappointment when it came out. I didn't know a single fan who liked it at the time, despite it's current reputation as a "classic".


I knew a lot of people that loved it at the time. I also think Midnight Vultures, Guero, Modern Guilt, and now Colors are all genius albums that don’t garner the same love as Sea Change and Modern Phase because the former are more fun and less poetic but to me are no less fantastic.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: BECK
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 11:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 2084
liebzz wrote:
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Love his folk/rock music, hate his "party" music. Odelay was a huge disappointment when it came out. I didn't know a single fan who liked it at the time, despite it's current reputation as a "classic".


I knew a lot of people that loved it at the time. I also think Midnight Vultures, Guero, Modern Guilt, and now Colors are all genius albums that don’t garner the same love as Sea Change and Modern Phase because the former are more fun and less poetic but to me are no less fantastic.


Odelay and Midnight Vultures do next to nothing for me.

It pissed me off that Mutations was tossed off as a "stop-gap" album at the time, because it's 10X better than either of those albums. I guess they thought people wouldn't like it because it wasn't like Odelay. :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: BECK
PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 12:14 am 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 678
Oh...thing is I like mutations as well.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: BECK
PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 6:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 12614
Location: Mining for Tanners
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
liebzz wrote:
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Love his folk/rock music, hate his "party" music. Odelay was a huge disappointment when it came out. I didn't know a single fan who liked it at the time, despite it's current reputation as a "classic".


I knew a lot of people that loved it at the time. I also think Midnight Vultures, Guero, Modern Guilt, and now Colors are all genius albums that don’t garner the same love as Sea Change and Modern Phase because the former are more fun and less poetic but to me are no less fantastic.


Odelay and Midnight Vultures do next to nothing for me.

It pissed me off that Mutations was tossed off as a "stop-gap" album at the time, because it's 10X better than either of those albums. I guess they thought people wouldn't like it because it wasn't like Odelay. :(

I love all of those albums. I LOVE them. I don’t know if I could even pick a favorite, but if forced I’d probably say Mutations.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], i got bugs and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat July 21, 2018 11:36 pm