Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: BECK

Tue October 24, 2017 10:06 pm

Beck needs to stop trying to be "Beck" and start being BECK.

Tue October 24, 2017 10:35 pm

i still need to buy this thing..beck is one of about 4 peoples stuff i even buy anymore..neil, petty, dylan and prob beck..not counting jazz re-releases of course

Tue October 24, 2017 10:37 pm

Hey Doug, word on the street is that the next Miles Davis bootleg series is the 1960 tour with Coltrane. About time.

Tue October 24, 2017 10:40 pm

Kevin Davis wrote:Hey Doug, word on the street is that the next Miles Davis bootleg series is the 1960 tour with Coltrane. About time.

awesome...I forget, do you have that 4 disc dragon box from stockholm 1960? stuff from march and october?

Tue October 24, 2017 10:46 pm

I don't. I have this grey market set, which contains the March Stockholm set, among others in varying quality:
https://www.amazon.com/All-You-Last-Tou ... B00NVZTNPO

The new set is supposed to be professional tapes from Paris, Stockholm, and Copenhagen (from the Coltrane tour, not the later tour with Sonny Stitt). I'm looking forward to it -- most of the other bootleg series volumes have been essential.

Tue October 24, 2017 10:48 pm

i need some Miles recommendations from these bootleg series. haven't looked into them.

Tue October 24, 2017 10:56 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:i need some Miles recommendations from these bootleg series. haven't looked into them.

Tue October 24, 2017 10:57 pm

i can attest to that

Tue October 24, 2017 10:59 pm

thats why i posted it

Tue October 24, 2017 11:02 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:i need some Miles recommendations from these bootleg series. haven't looked into them.

Sit tight, b'snatch -- I'll update the jazz thread.

Wed December 27, 2017 1:35 am

Kevin Davis wrote:I really liked "Seventh Heaven," but none of the other songs on this album really did it for me on first listen.

This was an ill-gotten opinion; I absolutely love this album now. I really need to stop listening to albums on YouTube and forming an opinion based on that.

Wed December 27, 2017 5:13 am

:thumbsup:

Wed December 27, 2017 5:56 pm

lots of earworms

Tue January 09, 2018 7:06 pm

Listening to the early rarities collection that WCT put together. It sounds fantastic. :nice:

Tue January 09, 2018 7:19 pm

I've come around on Colors. It's no Sea Change, but then what is or could be.

Tue January 09, 2018 10:47 pm

Odelay
Mutations
Sea Change
Midnite Vultures
Guero
Mellow Gold
Morning Phase
Modern Guilt
Colors
The Information
One Foot in the Grave

Fri June 22, 2018 5:14 pm

I like Beck, but after seeing him at Red Rocks last summer, I didn’t think I’d ever see him again. Just bought 4 tickets, though. My kids LOVE Colors. I can’t say I blame them. It’s such a fun listen. The title track and Up All Night are two of his best songs since Guero.

Fri June 22, 2018 6:59 pm

daft twat wrote:I like Beck, but after seeing him at Red Rocks last summer, I didn’t think I’d ever see him again. Just bought 4 tickets, though. My kids LOVE Colors. I can’t say I blame them. It’s such a fun listen. The title track and Up All Night are two of his best songs since Guero.

Are you going to the show at the Armory?

Fri June 22, 2018 7:07 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:Beck needs to stop trying to be "Beck" and start being Beck Hansen.

Fri June 22, 2018 8:27 pm

PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:I like Beck, but after seeing him at Red Rocks last summer, I didn’t think I’d ever see him again. Just bought 4 tickets, though. My kids LOVE Colors. I can’t say I blame them. It’s such a fun listen. The title track and Up All Night are two of his best songs since Guero.

Are you going to the show at the Armory?

Yes. Not ideal since my kids are short, but whatever.
Post a reply