Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Name a band you really like but never post about

Tue September 04, 2018 10:06 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:Father John Misty, so i don't get internet bullied

Fuck the haters, 'snatch. FJM is baller af. You shouldn't hide your love.

you should see some of the PMs i've received :waah:

Tue September 04, 2018 10:13 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:Father John Misty, so i don't get internet bullied

Fuck the haters, 'snatch. FJM is baller af. You shouldn't hide your love.

you should see some of the PMs i've received :waah:

:lol:

Tue September 04, 2018 11:12 pm

I really like the Barenaked Ladies "Maroon" album and most of "Everything to Everyone".

Tue September 04, 2018 11:19 pm

I like Father John Misty too

Wed September 05, 2018 4:29 pm

The God Machine
Edge of Sanity

Wed September 05, 2018 4:31 pm

Let's talk about the Drive-By Truckers, washing machine. Favorite album? Patterson or Cooley?

Wed September 05, 2018 4:41 pm

Life without Buildings

Wed September 05, 2018 4:47 pm

Danko/Manuel. End story.

Wed September 05, 2018 5:06 pm

LetMeSleep wrote:Danko/Manuel. End story.

Unbelievable song. The first six songs Isbell ever recorded were Outfit, Decoration Day, The Day John Henry Died, Danko/Manuel, Never Gonna Change, and Goddamn Lonely Love. All classics, even if he has pretty much abandoned TDJHD. All before he turned 25. Incredible.

Wed September 05, 2018 5:08 pm

guestT wrote:Let's talk about the Drive-By Truckers, washing machine. Favorite album? Patterson or Cooley?

They go hand in hand like peas and carrots.

Right now im obsessed with English Oceans but you cant beat decoration day, southern rock opera, and a blessing and a curse

Wed September 05, 2018 7:04 pm

Strat wrote:
guestT wrote:Let's talk about the Drive-By Truckers, washing machine. Favorite album? Patterson or Cooley?

Right now im obsessed with English Oceans but you cant beat decoration day, southern rock opera, and a blessing and a curse

Yeah, they really compliment each other. Brighter Than Creation's Dark is the album I find myself reaching for most often these days... That era of the band when they had three guitars, pedal steel, female backing vocals and Spooner Oldham on keys was tops.

Wed September 05, 2018 7:55 pm

guestT wrote:
Strat wrote:

Yeah, they really compliment each other. Brighter Than Creation's Dark is the album I find myself reaching for most often these days... That era of the band when they had three guitars, pedal steel, female backing vocals and Spooner Oldham on keys was tops.

Goode's Field Road is top notch.

Wed September 05, 2018 7:57 pm

Have you heard the fast version on the rarities album?

Wed September 05, 2018 8:04 pm

guestT wrote:Have you heard the fast version on the rarities album?

I have but dont enjoy it as much. Love the slow groove of the original, err, main studio release

Wed September 05, 2018 8:26 pm

They Might Be Giants is a band that I goddamn love with all my heart that I don't post about often.

Wed September 05, 2018 8:30 pm

If solo artists count, then Van Morrison.

Wed September 05, 2018 8:33 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:They Might Be Giants is a band that I goddamn love with all my heart that I don't post about often.

I loved TMBG when I was in high school. I may have told the story before, but I did Dial-A-Song for like a month in the late '80s and my parents got like a $500 phone bill. They weren't happy.

Wed September 05, 2018 8:40 pm

run2death wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:They Might Be Giants is a band that I goddamn love with all my heart that I don't post about often.

I loved TMBG when I was in high school. I may have told the story before, but I did Dial-A-Song for like a month in the late '80s and my parents got like a $500 phone bill. They weren't happy.

:haha:

That's amazing.

Thu September 06, 2018 2:39 am

Same. I fell out around John Henry but came back big with their kids albums since they came out right when my son was born. Since then I've gotten back into the band and they've done some good stuff. Some not-so-good, but when you've been around that long it happens.

Thu September 06, 2018 2:43 am

bune wrote:

Same. I fell out around John Henry but came back big with their kids albums since they came out right when my son was born. Since then I've gotten back into the band and they've done some good stuff. Some not-so-good, but when you've been around that long it happens.

Oh man! So many great records since John Henry.

The Spine, The Else, Join Us, Nanobots... etc
Post a reply