Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Suggest songs for the pop-punk tournament

Fri August 10, 2018 5:28 am

Very possible scenario

Fri August 10, 2018 5:41 am

Ello Sailor wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Higgs wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:If we're letting in The Living End, we need to also include Grinspoon. It's a slippery slope.

No one looked at my mega-post from earlier in this thread with all the Aussie bands of the era did they??

Too small and local, we're aiming for as wide recognizability as possible

Exactly.

I get it and said as much when I posted. Thing is, I don't recognise almost any of the songs listed regardless.

Fri August 10, 2018 6:25 am

I think you and I would have a very different songlist to the 'Murica bois based on our location.

Fri August 10, 2018 10:45 am

"No Cigar" is in this. So is Lagwagon's "May 16", which wasn't some huge MTV hit but a lot of people know thanks to Tony Hawk

Fri August 10, 2018 12:28 pm

Ello Sailor wrote:I think you and I would have a very different songlist to the 'Murica bois based on our location.

Oh fer sure. That's all cool too.

I just enjoyed going back over those old Playlist and checking those songs out again. It was a fun era of music worldwide.

Fri August 10, 2018 2:16 pm

Higgs wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:If we're letting in The Living End, we need to also include Grinspoon. It's a slippery slope.

No one looked at my mega-post from earlier in this thread with all the Aussie bands of the era did they??

I saw it. Had to mention them again. Those first two albums are so good.

Fri August 10, 2018 7:32 pm

:peace:

Sat August 11, 2018 4:20 am

theplatypus wrote:"No Cigar" is in this. So is Lagwagon's "May 16", which wasn't some huge MTV hit but a lot of people know thanks to Tony Hawk

I probably know those Tony Hawk songs but definitely not by name. I don’t recognize the bands either. Shrug

Sat August 11, 2018 4:27 am

Okay

Sat August 11, 2018 4:34 am

Alright

Sat August 11, 2018 4:47 am

Nananana nananana

Sat August 11, 2018 6:32 pm

In researching songs for this tournament, I came upon this tune by Sum 41

I have no idea how they got away with the verses sounding the exact fucking same as "How You Remind Me"

Mon August 20, 2018 12:25 pm

I have the songs. I have the matchups. I have a bunch of youtube videos. I'm all ready to go. When do we want to start this thing?

Mon August 20, 2018 12:28 pm

strike while the iron is hot

Mon August 20, 2018 5:15 pm

September 1st? Or right now, whatever

Mon August 20, 2018 5:15 pm

shit, guess i missed the window on this.

Would have liked to have seen some Pennywise, Suicide Machines, Gob, Rise Against, Vandals and a bunch of other Epitaph/Fat Wreck stuff make the cut, but maybe those aren't poppy enough or popular enough? Skate punk and ska punk was my jam in the 90's. What's there should make for a fun tournament though.

Mon August 20, 2018 5:24 pm

mf wrote:shit, guess i missed the window on this.

Would have liked to have seen some Pennywise, Suicide Machines, Gob, Rise Against, Vandals and a bunch of other Epitaph/Fat Wreck stuff make the cut, but maybe those aren't poppy enough or popular enough? Skate punk and ska punk was my jam in the 90's. What's there should make for a fun tournament though.

Yeah man, to be clear, most of the songs I landed on are of the poppier, whinier, kind-of-terrible variety. But hey, it's gonna be fun!

I've PM'd the mods about setting up a subforum. We'll start as soon as that's ready to go.

Mon August 20, 2018 6:00 pm

I didn't receive a pm. I'm hurt. Plus you should message an admin as they are only ones who can do it.

Mon August 20, 2018 8:39 pm

Is the list in post 1 final now?

Mon August 20, 2018 8:47 pm

we should let the champ from the previous tournament into the current tournament just to see how it does
Post a reply