Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Topic locked

CHOOSE BITCH

Creed - "With Arms Wide Open"
52%
Stone Sour - "Bother"
48%

Total votes : 27

Re: R1: With Arms Wide Open vs. Bother

Thu July 12, 2018 2:07 pm

Thu July 12, 2018 2:23 pm

There were two different versions of "With Arms Wide Open" on Human Clay, one subtitled "(Strings Version)," and that's the one in the video.

I don't despise either of these songs, though they're both definitely flawed. "With Arms Wide Open" is overprocessed schmaltz, sure, but there's some legitimate parental anxiety present. "Bother" is definitely mopey, but it can strike a certain chord when one is also feeling pretty shitty. That happened to me a couple months back when it was on the radio; I got absorbed in the song for a few minutes because it resonated.

I think I'll vote Creed since their song is more listenable in a variety of situations.

Thu July 12, 2018 2:25 pm

Brett wrote:"Bother" is definitely mopey, but it can strike a certain chord

I think it's A minor

Thu July 12, 2018 2:25 pm

The mopiest chord

Thu July 12, 2018 2:27 pm

If I were voting based on that video that tree_ just posted, I'd probably swing for "Bother." Terrible performance, and Stapp sounds more like a mouthful of marbles than usual.

Thu July 12, 2018 2:34 pm

You think that was bad?

*cringe*

Thu July 12, 2018 2:36 pm

That guitar is slightly out of tune

Thu July 12, 2018 2:48 pm

Holy shit, that thumbnail. These performances definitely prove how much Stapp needed the musicians in Creed to be successful. At least Tremonti, Marshall, and Phillips are skilled instrumentalists who can play circles around whoever the hell that backing band is.

Thu July 12, 2018 3:09 pm

He sounds much better here

Thu July 12, 2018 4:52 pm

This is such a sad match-up!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

Thu July 12, 2018 5:05 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:It's a reflection of just how bad that Stone Sour song is that I'm voting for Creed here.

Thu July 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Creed’s going to win.

The full retard has definitely been reached in this tournament, and I fucking hate Stoned Sour too.
Topic locked