Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Topic locked

Choose your fighter.

Godsmack - "Serenity"
35%
Puddle of Mudd - "Blurry"
65%

Total votes : 26

R1: Serenity vs. Blurry

Thu July 05, 2018 12:59 am

Godsmack - "Serenity"

Puddle of Mudd - "Blurry"
Last edited by LoathedVermin72 on Mon July 09, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: R1: Serenity vs. Blurry

Thu July 05, 2018 1:09 am

Not gonna lie: I love "Blurry". Always have. It totally works for me. I like the layered guitars, I like how intense the vocals get in the chorus and the bridge, I like the gloomy mood.

Easy vote.

Thu July 05, 2018 1:25 am

every Godsmack song is tedious to get through.

PUDDLES

Thu July 05, 2018 2:00 am

My best friend when I was a kid loved 'Blurry'. I thought it was stupid, but to be fair I was still stuck on pop punk and ska like Blink and Goldfinger at the time. He found god and became uninteresting. I miss him, and it gets my vote.

Thu July 05, 2018 2:11 am

Everything is so messed up

Thu July 05, 2018 2:45 am

Godsmack because they’re not Puddle of Mudd, again.

Jeez give us Creed vs. Puddle of Mudd or some shit, make it interesting.

Thu July 05, 2018 4:32 am

I always felt like the personal misfortune Wes Scantlin describes in "Blurry" was a fair thing for him to suffer as penance for subjecting the world to "Control" and "She Hates Me." However, it didn't fully pay off the debt, so I'm going to hit him again by denying him my vote in this round.

Thu July 05, 2018 4:51 am

I voted for Godsmack and feel really bad about everything.

Thu July 05, 2018 8:17 am

I once saw Puddle of Mudd open for Godsmack.

Thu July 05, 2018 12:53 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:I once saw Puddle of Mudd open for Godsmack.

By accident?

Thu July 05, 2018 1:03 pm

theplatypus wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:I once saw Puddle of Mudd open for Godsmack.

By accident?

It was a cheap concert that my friends wanted to go to and I tagged along. Deftones was also on the bill, but Chino was so drunk they sucked too.

Thu July 05, 2018 1:31 pm

I don't really care for 1 other PoM song, but I think blurry is really good for some reason

Thu July 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Serenity: I kinda like it... with a different singer I'd maybe genuinely like it. I can't get past his shitty personality and voice.

Blurry: Can't get past :52 cause of that nasally voice, backwards cap, and his face. The music is pretty good, though.

This is difficult cause both songs annoy me and appeal to me for similar reasons. I'm going with Serenity cause the singer annoys me less.

Thu July 05, 2018 2:32 pm

I am not sure I ever heard this Godsmack song before. It does not sound familiar.

It is very boring. "Blurry" is bad, but it's better. I like the use of harmonics to build the base of the song

Thu July 05, 2018 3:54 pm

This tourney has the worst band name in "popular" band history with Hoobastank, and it also has the most true descriptive band name that sums up this whole genre with Godsmack

Thu July 05, 2018 4:17 pm

Godsmack because in a career that is basically one big ripoff of other artists, at least this track is a fresh take on Filter's Take a Picture.

Thu July 05, 2018 4:27 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Godsmack because in a career that is basically one big ripoff of other artists, at least this track is a fresh take on Filter's Take a Picture.

I don’t hear this at all

Thu July 05, 2018 4:30 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:Godsmack because in a career that is basically one big ripoff of other artists, at least this track is a fresh take on Filter's Take a Picture.

I don’t hear this at all

I think it's because they have bongos

Thu July 05, 2018 4:37 pm

theplatypus wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

I don’t hear this at all

I think it's because they have bongos

yeah, and a generally watery, vaguely New Agey vibe

Thu July 05, 2018 4:41 pm

It's just the bongos
Topic locked