The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67127
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Is the most underrated genre. I fucking love Country Music.

Use this thread to talk about your favorite country artists. Or to talk about your least favorite Country artists. Or to talk about why you love/hate Country music.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67127
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I'm currently listening to the Dixie Chicks' Taking the Long Way album. There is literally not a bad song on this record.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:04 am 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 22207
Location: the beach
i'm old and i love all if not most country music pre 1982


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67127
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Do you think Townes van Zandt is Country, doug?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:08 am 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 22207
Location: the beach
durdencommatyler wrote:
Do you think Townes van Zandt is Country, doug?


i hope so..i'm going to listen to pancho and lefty now


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67127
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Do you think Townes van Zandt is Country, doug?


i hope so..i'm going to listen to pancho and lefty now

:heartbeat:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67127
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
He's obviously got huge cross-over appeal. But I feel like Townes is more "folk" than "country." But it works just as well either way with a glass of whisky so who fucking cares.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:11 am 
Offline
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 6159
I'm extremely selective with my country listening and don't really like anything post-Garth Brooks. What passes for country on the radio now is in contention for my least favorite music of all time.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67127
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Kevin Davis wrote:
I'm extremely selective with my country listening and don't really like anything post-Garth Brooks. What passes for country on the radio now is in contention for my least favorite music of all time.

Agreed. I'd draw the line with Dixie Chicks. But otherwise, yes, I agree. Modern "mainstream" or "Nashville" country is awful. But there are some great Texas and "Red Dirt" bands that I can dig. But still it feels like we're past the "Golden Age."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:14 am 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 22207
Location: the beach
durdencommatyler wrote:
He's obviously got huge cross-over appeal. But I feel like Townes is more "folk" than "country." But it works just as well either way with a glass of whisky so who fucking cares.


lets drink



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67127
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Maybe there is such a thing a "Nu-Country." I don't know. But there are some great country-esque bands (HoneyHoney, Shovel & Rope, Kacey Musgraves, The Civil Wars, etc) that I fucking love. But I don't know that any of them qualify as "pure country".


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67127
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
He's obviously got huge cross-over appeal. But I feel like Townes is more "folk" than "country." But it works just as well either way with a glass of whisky so who fucking cares.


lets drink


I've got a glass of Bulleit, buddy. *cheers*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 12:11 am
Posts: 2343
Location: The 216
durdencommatyler wrote:
Maybe there is such a thing a "Nu-Country." I don't know. But there are some great country-esque bands (HoneyHoney, Shovel & Rope, Kacey Musgraves, The Civil Wars, etc) that I fucking love. But I don't know that any of them qualify as "pure country".


People call stuff like Florida Georgia Line "nu country"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67127
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Dolly Parton
Loretta Lynn
Garth Brooks
Townes Van Zandt
Dixie Chicks
Patsy Cline
Hank Williams
Johnny Cash
Conway Twitty
George Jones
George Straight
Wynonna
Merle Haggard
Reba
Waylon Jennings
Vince Gill
Kenny Rogers
Randy Travis
Willie Nelson
Tammy Wynette
Emmylou Harris



JESUS! What a genre!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67127
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Jammer XCI wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Maybe there is such a thing a "Nu-Country." I don't know. But there are some great country-esque bands (HoneyHoney, Shovel & Rope, Kacey Musgraves, The Civil Wars, etc) that I fucking love. But I don't know that any of them qualify as "pure country".


People call stuff like Florida Georgia Line "nu country"

Really? I just... I mean... I don't get it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:26 am 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 22207
Location: the beach
durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
He's obviously got huge cross-over appeal. But I feel like Townes is more "folk" than "country." But it works just as well either way with a glass of whisky so who fucking cares.


lets drink


I've got a glass of Bulleit, buddy. *cheers*




Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67127
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
:luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67127
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I've got 'Your Cheatin' Heart' on the record spinner right now. Whiskey tastes so good when Hank is playing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 33189
Location: Buenos Aires
I GOT LOADED LAST NIGHT ON A BOTTLE OF GIN


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Country Music
PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67127
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I hope you had a guitar handy.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: E.H. Ruddock and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon November 19, 2018 2:17 pm