Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Kacey Musgraves

Sun May 20, 2018 5:36 pm

After one listen, I'd say the highs are really high and the lows aren't too terribly low. I'm excited to keep listening to it and see how it grows and changes for me. But I definitely like it upon first impression.

Sun May 20, 2018 6:22 pm

I'd say it's completely the opposite. All middling songs with very little character.

I liked how her old stuff embraced country cliches while smashing them at the same time.

Same Trailer Different Park and Pageant Material are considerably more inspired than another country artist going pop.

Sun May 20, 2018 6:31 pm

run2death wrote:I'd say it's completely the opposite. All middling songs with very little character.

I liked how her old stuff embraced country cliches while smashing them at the same time.

Same Trailer Different Park and Pageant Material are considerably more inspired than another country artist going pop.

I haven't heard those yet. Perhaps I'll feel differently onceI dive in further. But I've never heard a Country-Disco song like High Horse before and I love it.

Sun May 20, 2018 6:50 pm

"Butterflies" and "Space Cowboy" are good as breezy, wistful pop songs with some interesting harmonic elements and some nice production touches, like the layered synth-on-banjo of the former

Sun May 20, 2018 7:08 pm

Stuff like Follow Your Arrow and Dime Store Cowgirl are far better. Insightful lyrics while dabbling in country cliches and perfect harmonies.

Sun May 20, 2018 7:11 pm

Oh yeah, I know "Follow Your Arrow". Ehhh.

Sun May 20, 2018 7:22 pm

Yeah I just listened to "Dime Store Cowgirl" and I can safely say those two other songs from the new album are much richer and more interesting to me. I'm not big on "High Horse", though

@Joe another artist who recently mixed country and disco was Kylie Minogue, of all people, with the first single from her last album. I wonder if that's a thing now.

Sun May 20, 2018 7:54 pm

theplatypus wrote:Yeah I just listened to "Dime Store Cowgirl" and I can safely say those two other songs from the new album are much richer and more interesting to me. I'm not big on "High Horse", though

@Joe another artist who recently mixed country and disco was Kylie Minogue, of all people, with the first single from her last album. I wonder if that's a thing now.

Interesting. What's the song? I'll look into it.

Sun May 20, 2018 8:15 pm

"Dancing". I don't like it because it lacks the dark sensuality I like in Kylie Minogue songs, but I know it's got its fans.

Sun May 20, 2018 8:18 pm

theplatypus wrote:"Dancing". I don't like it because it lacks the dark sensuality I like in Kylie Minogue songs, but I know it's got its fans.

Thanks.

Sun May 20, 2018 8:32 pm

theplatypus wrote:"Dancing". I don't like it because it lacks the dark sensuality I like in Kylie Minogue songs, but I know it's got its fans.

Yeah, I wasn't really feeling that song.

Mon May 21, 2018 6:04 am

Dat ass

Mon May 21, 2018 11:33 am

Dat ass was better on her earlier albums.

Tue June 05, 2018 10:35 pm

I'm listening to Pageant Material and...

Yep! This chick is baller af! Big fan.

Wed June 06, 2018 12:25 am

Sooooooooo much better than her new stuff.

Wed June 06, 2018 1:41 am

I mean, I really like the new stuff, too. But I'm really diggin this record.

Sat June 30, 2018 1:55 am

Look, the fact is, this lady is amazing. That is all.

Sat June 30, 2018 2:23 am

This. Is. Everything!

Sat June 30, 2018 10:03 pm

I can't seem to escape that High Horse song.

I don't have much of an opinion on her one way or the other. Not feeling it.

Sun July 01, 2018 3:30 pm

She's hot
Post a reply