The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Mumford & Sons
PostPosted: Sun October 27, 2019 11:12 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Sat March 21, 2020 4:48 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Here's a song for you, because it feels like the right time to get it out.

All record royalties and record company profits from this song will go to Grenfell Foundation and War Child UK. These are uncertain times for so many people, and we get that. We’re trying to pursue a "both/and" approach - to find out how we can support our literal neighbours, whilst also thinking of those further away who need our help more than ever. I work with both organisations, I have been in contact with them throughout the COVID pandemic, they’re doing amazing work supporting vulnerable people, but it’s really hard right now.

I recorded this song after a conversation with my dear friend Jason Sudeikis, as I’ve been scoring his unreleased television show, Ted Lasso. It may still end up in the show, but we’ve had it up our sleeve for a couple of months. For lots of reasons we wanted it just to be out in the world sooner rather than later, so here it is, with love. My friend Reuben James came down and played piano on it and if you don’t know his work go check it out because he’s a genius.

MM

PostPosted: Sun March 22, 2020 12:40 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Is it weird that they are more annoying to me now because Jason Sudekis is a friend?

PostPosted: Sun March 22, 2020 1:03 am 
Mind Your Tanners

The fact that Sudekis gets to bang Olivia Wilde gets under my skin.

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 3:33 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Is it weird that they are more annoying to me now because Jason Sudekis is a friend?

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri April 10, 2020 9:58 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

0:20 - Guiding Light
4:16 - Little Lion Man
9:14 - Babel
13:02 - Beloved
17:26 - Lover of The Light
23:19 - Tompkins Square Park
29:16 - Believe
34:05 - Rose of Sharon
38:04 - The Cave
42:18 - Roll Away Your Stone
47:45 - Ditmas
51:36 - Slip Away
57:22 - Picture You
1:01:25 - Darkness Visible
1:04:05 - The Wolf

Encore:
1:11:18 - Reminder
1:14:10 - Timshel
1:18:25 - Hurt (Cover)
1:23:42 - Awake My Soul
1:28:59 - I Will Wait
1:34:04 - Delta

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:18 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Fri December 04, 2020 11:32 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I thought this was new music, turns out in was out last year and It slipped past me.

Still great.

PostPosted: Mon July 18, 2022 7:24 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Steven Spielberg 's first music video ever. Rec in one continuous shot and on his phone.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2022 10:03 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

woa

Marcus Mumford Reveals He Was Sexually Abused as a Child
Mumford & Sons frontman also discusses the departure of band member Winston Marshall in new interview

By DANIEL KREPS

Marcus Mumford revealed that he was the victim of sexual abuse as a child — an experience that informed songs on his upcoming solo album Self-Titled — in a new interview.

Speaking to GQ, Mumford said that his new single (and Self-Titled’s opening song) “Cannibal” was written while Mumford confronted what had happened to him starting at the age of six.

“Like lots of people—and I’m learning more and more about this as we go and as I play it to people—I was sexually abused as a child,” Mumford told GQ. “Not by family and not in the church, which might be some people’s assumption. But I hadn’t told anyone about it for 30 years.”

Mumford continued, “That thing that happened when I was six, that was the first of a string of really unusual, unhealthy sexual experiences at a really early age. And for some reason, and I can’t really understand why, I didn’t become a perpetrator of sexual abuse—although I’ve done my fair share of cuntish behavior. String of really unhealthy shit when I was under the age of 12, which set my brain up in a way to deal with stuff later on in life in an imbalanced way. And so the last three years has just been trying to look at that and correct some balance.”

The singer also told GQ that his own mother didn’t learn about the abuse until she herself listened to “Cannibal” and its lyrics; the conversation that followed between Mumford and his mother about what happened is captured in Self-Titled’s second song, “Grace.”

Elsewhere in the interview, Mumford speaks at length about the departure of Mumford & Sons banjoist Winston Marshall, who left the band in June following an uproar months earlier after he praised a book by an alt-right social media personality; years earlier, the band was thrown into a similar situation when controversial self-help author Jordan Peterson shared a photo of himself in the studio with the band.

“To remain in the band and self-censor will gnaw my conscience, erode my integrity. By leaving I hope to speak freely without them suffering the consequences,” Marshall wrote in June of leaving the band.

Mumford admitted that he “really begged [Marshall] not to leave” Mumford & Sons, but “‘[Marshall] felt like his priorities couldn’t align in the way he wanted to speak about things and live life. He wanted to do a different thing. And that’s why I support him doing a different thing. Even though we disagree on a lot. A lot. And more now.”

“And this is why I don’t like Jordan Peterson. One of the reasons,” Mumford told GQ, harkening back to that viral photo. “It’s the way of interacting with the world. I think grace matters in the way that you talk with people. I think if you present like a cunt and you are an angry man, particularly at this time, an angry, older, white man — I’m just fucking bored of it, man. We need grace.”

PostPosted: Tue January 16, 2024 9:25 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

different

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands