Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

James Blake

Mon April 08, 2013 12:58 am

Anybody spinning his new LP?

Great stuff.

Last edited by psychobain on Sat January 26, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: James Blake

Mon April 08, 2013 3:59 am

Headphone album.

Other options:

Night-driving (if you have a good system on your car)
Turn the lights down and crank the volume up

Mon April 08, 2013 4:17 am

“The ship isn’t just going down. There are people trapped inside, bashing on the windows trying to get out.”

This is what James Blake had to say about the current state of the music industry on the same day his new album – Overgrown – was released in his native UK.

Speaking to The Guardian, Blake said he had come to terms with the fact his second album would be downloaded for free. “Why wouldn’t you?” he said. “My label [Universal] is hoping that on 8 April you’ll do the right thing and click the ‘Buy’ button. You should see what they’re doing online just to get people to look at the ‘Buy’ button. I’m starting not to care, to be honest. Things are changing.”

Blake’s position runs counter to the argument advanced by US author Chris Ruen in his widely debated new book, Freeloading. In a recent opinion piece written exclusively for FL, Ruen said that the public’s insatiable appetite for free content is effectively starving creativity. “I saw that freeloading was no victimless act, nor was it simply a matter of beating up on bloated corporate media entities,” he wrote, describing illegal downloading as “a potent combination of laziness and selfishness, concealed under a thin superficial haze of digital idealism and anti-corporate bitterness”.

In a poll conducted last week by FL, more than 25.5 percent of readers said they don’t download music; 50 percent said they don’t feel guilty about downloading because they go to gigs; while 14 percent said they felt guilty but conceded that everyone else was doing it.

Fri April 12, 2013 2:51 am

RM? Please? Some love here, one of the best releases of the year so far.

Fri April 12, 2013 4:38 am

its fab 8-)

Fri April 12, 2013 7:32 am

I didn't get the hype over his debut so I won't bother with the new one

Fri April 12, 2013 10:46 am

I'm with Heathen on this one. Sorry Brazil.

Fri April 12, 2013 11:41 am

solace wrote:its fab 8-)

:thumbsup:

Thu May 02, 2013 3:53 am

Re: James Blake - Overgrown (Album of the year?)

Tue May 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Re: James Blake - Overgrown

Tue July 02, 2013 7:04 am

Tue September 24, 2013 4:50 pm

last chance rm, you guys are missing

Tue May 10, 2016 10:14 pm

new album
:heartbeat:

Tue May 10, 2016 11:09 pm

I'm coming around on this guy, psych.

Thu May 12, 2016 9:10 pm

zeb wrote:I'm coming around on this guy, psych.

Australia, the guy is solid.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thu May 12, 2016 11:03 pm

I'm starting to see things your way, mate.

Fri May 13, 2016 10:18 pm

Fri May 13, 2016 11:02 pm

This is a really good album. I'm hit and miss on Blake's voice. He's obviously an immensely talented singer, but his tone doesn't always do it for me. Given that, these songs are pretty amazing and produced very well

Tue June 05, 2018 9:42 pm

Sat January 19, 2019 7:10 pm

New album released/leaked

Thoughts?

Barefoot in the Park and Lullaby are :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Post a reply